Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Hue on his way to Cincy
(11-13-2018, 01:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No Lazor! No Hue! After almost two decades of Marvin this fan base deserves a HC they can get excited about. Find the hottest coordinator or someone from college, but ffs no promoting from within. I want them to clean house when Marvin finally walks away. Pipe dream, I know.

Yea we could have had John Gruden, just sayin. The only reason I chuckled at this move was because it was so predictable, Bengal like. But Hue did have our offense playing pretty good. Dalton could have been MVP in 15 if not for the injury. Let that sink in, DALTON could have been MVP! Hue was building a monster in Cleveland and frankly I don't care what their record is this year, their still better than us. I think it was a poor move for Cleveland to give up on him mid season after sticking with him this long. We will be better off with the DC gone, Marvin being more involved with the D ( can't believe I just said that) and Hue already being familiar with this team. Not sure how it will mesh with Lazor but it really is one of the better options for this year. If we were out of the playoffs already I'm sure this move wouldn't have happened. But then again who knows with Brown.
Reply/Quote
I'll wait and see what happens, but for my money, we have not 1, but two of the worst head coaches in the league; one can't win the big games,and the other one can't win any, though Hue has shown he's a lot better without head coaching responsibilities. Still, I fear he's nearly a lock to succeed Marvin. Very little to get excited about,imo. Better than getting Jeff Fisher out of mothballs, I suppose.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think Hue views the game from the booth and give Marvin an overall feel/ call of the game while Marv has his mind on the D.

Never been a big Hue fan, but it's better than nothing.

(11-13-2018, 10:09 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yea we could have had John Gruden, just sayin. The only reason I chuckled at this move was because it was so predictable, Bengal like. But Hue did have our offense playing pretty good. Dalton could have been MVP in 15 if not for the injury. Let that sink in, DALTON could have been MVP! Hue was building a monster in Cleveland and frankly I don't care what their record is this year, their still better than us. I think it was a poor move for Cleveland to give up on him mid season after sticking with him this long. We will be better off with the DC gone, Marvin being more involved with the D ( can't believe I just said that) and Hue already being familiar with this team. Not sure how it will mesh with Lazor but it really is one of the better options for this year. If we were out of the playoffs already I'm sure this move wouldn't have happened. But then again who knows with Brown.

I agree. Im a Hugh Jackson fan.

Cleveland is not a fare barometer of how good this guy is. The most successful coach in NFL history, failed in Cleveland.

When you look at the sequence of his play calling, it's offense and defense at the same time.

Just give him a chance. This could be the turnaround of the season for the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ugh No. Never been a fan of Hue he always struck me as a guy that was more concerned with himself than the team...Two seasons of Hard Knocks hasn't dissuaded me of that.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hue is back, possibly the next HC?
in my best Allstate she shed deadpan:

That's wonderful news...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Even though we all know that I do not want him being OC or HC.

Yet still believe this season he can be a great asset for Lazor with his offensive input.

Believe it will not only be just against the Browns either.

He is really very innovative offensively but goes too extreme and needs reined in at times.

Which is why he is a great advisor, but not a good leader imo.

Well great advisor except on trades and personnel. Ninja

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Don't give hm any authority or access to the media and if things go bad, don't let him anywhere near a bus, and just maybe something good can come of it.

We're adding a guy with the stink of...so, we'll see. Magic 8 ball says don't bet the house on it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 09:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And FYI the Japanese do not believe that being negative is the secret to living longer.

He didn't say that. He was talking about laughter. It was pretty clear. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 06:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oakland is the only NFL team that currently has a HC under a 10 year contract.  Oh wait, you mean Marvin will go there after his extension here isn't picked up in 2028.

Just because a HC has a contract for X number of years doesn't mean that coach will actually be retained the entire contract. So my comment was more if (when?) Gruden is let go while the Raiders continue to descend, I could see the team bringing in a guy like Marvin to build it up again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 06:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: People hang on that 15 season but he inherited a nice team. Gruden left him sitting pretty but he did not do same for Lazor.

Gruden draft picks..........Hue's picks

AJ Green.....................Jeremy Hill
Andy Dalton................Ced Ogbuehi
Kevin Zeitler...................Jake Fischer
Tyler Eifert ..................Russell Bodine
Gio Bernard..................AJ McCarron
Clint Boling...................Uzomah
Mohamad Sanu..............Tyler Kroft
Marvin Jones...................James Wright
Rex Burkhead..................Mario Alford
Ryan Whalin
TJ Johnson
Tanner Hawkinson
Orson Charles
Dan Herron

Hue made horrible trade for Raiders in Palmer deal and wanted to do the same for AJM.
He is useful as a coach but should never be in the upper echelons of the hierarchy in my humble opinion.
He is the reason our OL sucks so freakin badly now with his foolish picks.
He got a couple of nice players at other spots but nobody that is great.

But do like him as an assistant except for OC, or DC and think he will help this year per Marvin having to coach D.
Yet still checking out if he is named HC next season.

To be fair.....Russell Blodine, Ced Ole`, and Jake Fisher Not Biting were exclusively Piano Paul picks.  Otherwise, I agree.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: To be fair.....Russell Blodine, Ced Ole`, and Jake Fisher Not Biting were exclusively Piano Paul picks.  Otherwise, I agree.  

That would also make Zeitler Boiling and Andre Smith his picks too.

Personally I think Duke, Potts, McNally, and Pete Brown were all heavily involved in the scouting and drafting of all said offensive linemen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Just because a HC has a contract for X number of years doesn't mean that coach will actually be retained the entire contract. So my comment was more if (when?) Gruden is let go while the Raiders continue to descend, I could see the team bringing in a guy like Marvin to build it up again.

Maybe as a player development type title? But yeah, Marv would get another shot on a different team if he so wishes... but I think it would of course be a "rebuilding" team, so the pickens will be less than desirable. And I also don't think Marv would want to go thru another rebuild. I just don't. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:45 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Maybe as a player development type title? But yeah, Marv would get another shot on a different team if he so wishes... but I think it would of course be a "rebuilding" team, so the pickens will be less than desirable. And I also don't think Marv would want to go thru another rebuild. I just don't. 

He probably wouldn't, but the topic was "could" he get another HC gig elsewhere. I believe he could if he wanted.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:35 AM)Synric Wrote: That would also make Zeitler Boiling and Andre Smith his picks too.

Personally I think Duke, Potts, McNally, and Pete Brown were all heavily involved in the scouting and drafting of all said offensive linemen.

Paul Alexander was the one sent to those colleges to meet with the OL personally, so you have to believe he had a big influence in which OL were selected. He also wouldn't have so strongly defended Fisher, Ogbuehi, and Bodine on his way out the door if he wasn't heavily involved in picking them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 11:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Paul Alexander was the one sent to those colleges to meet with the OL personally, so you have to believe he had a big influence in which OL were selected. He also wouldn't have so strongly defended Fisher, Ogbuehi, and Bodine on his way out the door if he wasn't heavily involved in picking them.

Then you also have to credit PA with all the great offensive line picks too and not be hung up on his last 3 that didn't work out.

Reply/Quote
I think it will finally happen. Marvin has finally won the trust and confidence of Mike Brown and when the season ends, Mike will promote him to GM,  Lazor will be HC and Hue will be OC, they will then hire a new DC.  

THIS is the plan, I foresee.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 11:18 AM)Synric Wrote: Then you also have to credit PA with all the great offensive line picks toof and not be hung up on his last 3 that didn't work out.

I think people do credit him with the great OL picks. And I think it's safe to say that the likes of Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Bodine didn't match the same type of players that did well under Alexander. I think OL started to morph into a different style as the spread became more and more popular and Alexander didn't know how to groom this new type of OL into Pro Bowl level players.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 11:08 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He probably wouldn't, but the topic was "could" he get another HC gig elsewhere. I believe he could if he wanted.

ThumbsUp Yes he could. He may be mediocre Marv, but mediocre is still better than bad any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 11:24 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I think it will finally happen. Marvin has finally won the trust and confidence of Mike Brown and when the season ends, Mike will promote him to GM,  Lazor will be HC and Hue will be OC, they will then hire a new DC.  

[Image: giphy.gif]

I am torn on this tbh. Not that I don't think Marv can be a GM, but seriously we want to give him a promotion? It just doesn't feel right IMO. I wouldn't be mad, but just don't like the message it sends like I didn't like them re-upping him after back to back losing seasons. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Just because a HC has a contract for X number of years doesn't mean that coach will actually be retained the entire contract. So my comment was more if (when?) Gruden is let go while the Raiders continue to descend, I could see the team bringing in a guy like Marvin to build it up again.

That could be true, but Marvin is going to be our HC for damn near 20 years so I can see the Raiders getting at least 5 out of Gruden.

(11-14-2018, 11:24 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I think it will finally happen. Marvin has finally won the trust and confidence of Mike Brown and when the season ends, Mike will promote him to GM,  Lazor will be HC and Hue will be OC, they will then hire a new DC.  

It's possible.  I can only see the Bengals having an actual GM on staff if Mike Brown is completely out of the building in one way or another.  I assume the day Marvin is GM is the day Mike Brown is no longer among the living.

(11-13-2018, 10:03 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: In this thread, that is definitely the conclusion. Also, Marvin did try to make a succession plan for Hue in the past. At the presser, Marvin mentioned having a plan. While I'm sure a lot of that was meant for the defense, I do believe he will try to set Hue up for the head coach spot again. Marvin is only signed through the end of next season.

Yep, I'd say the safe bet is that we are back on that succession plan we gave Hue a hard time for abandoning to get his requisite 2.5 years as the HC with the Browns.  I imagine Hue would be our HC right now if he hadn't gone to Cleveland.  Now we are on the same path, but Marvin is set to depart and Hue is set to become HC in 2020 rather than 2018. We could be 11 weeks into the first Hue Jackson coached season right now if the Browns went with anyone else at HC in 2016. Wacky.
Reply/Quote