Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Hue on his way to Cincy
(11-14-2018, 10:35 AM)Synric Wrote: That would also make Zeitler Boiling and Andre Smith his picks too.

Personally I think Duke, Potts, McNally, and Pete Brown were all heavily involved in the scouting and drafting of all said offensive linemen.

Your point is duly noted, and I agree to an extent.  However, it was reported on the Bengals site that Alexander, and I quote, "Stood up on a table for" those last two picks.  We all know about the infamous "witch hunt" presser concerning Bodine as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Your point is duly noted, and I agree to an extent.  However, it was reported on the Bengals site that Alexander, and I quote, "Stood up on a table for" those last two picks.  We all know about the infamous "witch hunt" presser concerning Bodine as well.

My point is there are a lot of people involved in the scouting process and players even highly drafted don't work out. That isn't a reason to can a guy. 

Now not liking his techniques and scheme is what got him fired here and in Dallas.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I wonder if Hue keeps all his Bengals shirts and hats in the back of his closet, knowing he will be back someday?
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:15 PM)Synric Wrote: My point is there are a lot of people involved in the scouting process and players even highly drafted don't work out. That isn't a reason to can a guy. 

Now not liking his techniques and scheme is what got him fired here and in Dallas.

I got your point, and like I said, agree to an extent.

The last sentence is very true, but you have to look at the circumstances here.  He "pounded the table" for Fish and Og, and refused to move on Bodine.  The move to get those two tackles most likely led the team to gamble moving on from Whit, and maybe Big Dre the season before.  They then had to go get Dre back off the scrap heap and trot out Eric Winston to even have some semblance of an offensive line.  There was even the stint where Clint Boling had to move to tackle due to injury because their play was so bad.  They were 1st and 2nd round picks.  Those two picks alone set the franchise back a good two years and got us to where we are today.  A backup at RT, and a serviceable LT.  The first year he's gone, they draft a REAL C prospect.  I just don't feel you can overlook the impact his pet draft picks had on the unit.....coupled with his bad scheme.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 01:07 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I got your point, and like I said, agree to an extent.

The last sentence is very true, but you have to look at the circumstances here.  He "pounded the table" for Fish and Og, and refused to move on Bodine.  The move to get those two tackles most likely led the team to gamble moving on from Whit, and maybe Big Dre the season before.  They then had to go get Dre back off the scrap heap and trot out Eric Winston to even have some semblance of an offensive line.  There was even the stint where Clint Boling had to move to tackle due to injury because their play was so bad.  They were 1st and 2nd round picks.  Those two picks alone set the franchise back a good two years and got us to where we are today.  A backup at RT, and a serviceable LT.  The first year he's gone, they draft a REAL C prospect.  I just don't feel you can overlook the impact his pet draft picks had on the unit.....coupled with his bad scheme.

Mhm. And I feel they will get a T in the early rounds this coming draft, either one of the guys from Washington, Little (if he commits), Prince, etc.

And they will be coached up correctly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 09:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1062138971059351554?s=21

Sources: Former #Browns⁠ ⁠ coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of #Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

Just wondering where he fits in? Maybe help with the WR's? But that is Bicknell's job.

Defense is our problem, hope Marv gets it turned around.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 01:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just wondering where he fits in? Maybe help with the WR's? But that is Bicknell's job.

Defense is our problem, hope Marv gets it turned around.

Zimmer does it ... I know, I know, Marvin is no Zimmer.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 01:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mhm. And I feel they will get a T in the early rounds this coming draft, either one of the guys from Washington, Little (if he commits), Prince, etc.

Absolutely agree.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 01:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mhm. And I feel they will get a T in the early rounds this coming draft, either one of the guys from Washington, Little (if he commits), Prince, etc.

I really hope so. I think Little is gone by the 20's tho. I think Williams will be there from Bama, but I am pretty sure he doesn't have the size they're looking for at LT, so probably be a RT which I am actually fine with. Personally, I would love if they can somehow move up and get White from LSU. I'm begging for a good MLB to complete this D.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Hue will have no input on the offense and will essentially run practice and manage game time duties. Nothing else

https://mobile.twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1062755444257644544
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 01:34 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I really hope so. I think Little is gone by the 20's tho. I think Williams will be there from Bama, but I am pretty sure he doesn't have the size they're looking for at LT, so probably be a RT which I am actually fine with. Personally, I would love if they can somehow move up and get White from LSU. I'm begging for a good MLB to complete this D.

Feel the exact same way. I would go LB, then OT/RG and then draft a playmaking TE.

Deep draft for TE's, should be able to get a good one in the 3rd or 4th.

(11-14-2018, 05:17 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Looks like Hue will have no input on the offense and will essentially run practice and manage game time duties. Nothing else

https://mobile.twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1062755444257644544

Good. Nothing against Hue, he has a good football mind offensively, he was just a terrible Head Coach.

It just doesn't work out for certain coaches trying to run an entire team.
Reply/Quote

I think Tre Adams is staying at Washington for next season. If you are talking about Isiah Prince from OSU, coming from a Buckeye Homer, I would pass on that idiot. He's is pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 05:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think Tre Adams is staying at Washington for next season. If you are talking about Isiah Prince from OSU, coming from a Buckeye Homer, I would pass on that idiot. He's is pretty bad.

lol he's looked ok the past 2 weeks (though MSU is a tough D), but even to put him at RG, I'd think he'd be ok.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I think there's something rotten in denmark. If Marvin takes over running the defense, I believe Hue would take over as head coach! I believe that's why MB, only gave Marvin a 2 year deal! Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I wonder if Hue keeps all his Bengals shirts and hats in the back of his closet, knowing he will be back someday?

Ha! You think Mike Brown lets him keep those when he leaves? :notreallyninja:

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 01:34 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I really hope so. I think Little is gone by the 20's tho. I think Williams will be there from Bama, but I am pretty sure he doesn't have the size they're looking for at LT, so probably be a RT which I am actually fine with. Personally, I would love if they can somehow move up and get White from LSU. I'm begging for a good MLB to complete this D.

Bengals will be picking in the late teens to early 20’s, which would fit well for Little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Prince from OSU? Maybe the worst pass blocker I’ve seen in a long time.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Business colleague of mine who lives in Cleveland sent this to me after they fired Hue....

“Last 5 years my Brownies are 17-70-1. They’ve been through 3 HCs during that time. They’ve had 8 different starting QBs during that time. Think maybe the issue is with the front office and ownership, instead of the HCs and QBs? Dorsey just said he’s open to any HC who fits their goals.....including a female. How many females can you think of that would be a qualified HC? Let me help with the answer, ZERO!

Mark my words, Mayfieled is one 5 game losing streak away from being Manziel, then we’ll start the whole thing over again.”

As you can tell, he’s pretty steamed about the Browns, but he has been since they moved the real Browns.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 02:58 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Business colleague of mine who lives in Cleveland sent this to me after they fired Hue....

“Last 5 years my Brownies are 17-70-1.  They’ve been through 3 HCs during that time.  They’ve had 8 different starting QBs during that time.  Think maybe the issue is with the front office and ownership, instead of the HCs and QBs?  Dorsey just said he’s open to any HC who fits their goals.....including a female.  How many females can you think of that would be a qualified HC?  Let me help with the answer, ZERO!

Mark my words, Mayfieled is one 5 game losing streak away from being Manziel, then we’ll start the whole thing over again.”

As you can tell, he’s pretty steamed about the Browns, but he has been since they moved the real Browns.

Browns will brown. Thanks for the post GC, haven't seen you around here for awhile man. Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Browns will brown. Thanks for the post GC, haven't seen you around here for awhile man. Cool

Thanks....haven”t been as active. Still drop by to skim posts, though!

Great tp see you’re still around and some of the “old gang” still around.
Reply/Quote