Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Hue on his way to Cincy
I wonder what the players are thinking
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:46 PM)Benton Wrote:  we have a head coach who would not be a head coach anywhere but Cincinnati.

If the Bengals had fired Marvin Lewis he would have been hired as HC for another team.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 02:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If the Bengals had fired Marvin Lewis he would have been hired as HC for another team.

Link?

or... can you tell me this week's Powerball numbers, too?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 02:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If the Bengals had fired Marvin Lewis he would have been hired as HC for another team.

I need to see some proof here.  Sounds more like a prediction.  And, we have seen how bad you are at those. 

So, let's all just take this nugget at the source.  Not credible. 
Reply/Quote
I have zero doubt that Marvin would be hired as a HC elsewhere.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really don't think so. I believe if we promote from inside again, it will be Lazor….

Zimmer was pulled before he even got a chance to be the HC here. The rest of the league is no dummy. They know who we think we know who we aren't. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 02:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Is Coughlin not the Vice President of Football Operations in Jacksonville? I did say possible right? Or are we in the land of anything goes?

I guess what I am getting at is it's hard to get talent when your semi-incestuous philosophy is bordered by the Ohio river, the Indy state line and Dayton. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 02:28 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Link?

or... can you tell me this week's Powerball numbers, too?

(11-13-2018, 02:29 PM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: I need to see some proof here.  Sounds more like a prediction.  And, we have seen how bad you are at those. 

So, let's all just take this nugget at the source.  Not credible. 

Shouldn't you have said the same thing to Benton?
Reply/Quote

Thanks Fred I needed a good laugh.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Is this still just rumor ?

If Hue comes in, I hope it is to help Marvin, now coaching the D because Austin fired. I hope Hue stays out of Lazors way. Marvin runs the D, Lazor runs the offense. Hue helps Marvin head coach and run D as an assistant head coach to help throw challenge flags and decide what to do on 4th down. Maybe to give insight on Browns who we still have 2 games with. I'm all for Austin fired and it gives hope to still have 9 or 10 win season if Marvin turns D around a little. I could see Hue helping Marvin in an assistant head coach capacity during games as Marvin runs the D. LET LAZOR RUN THE O.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 02:40 PM)kevin Wrote: Is this still just rumor ?

If Hue comes in, I hope it is to help Marvin, now coaching the D because Austin fired.  I hope Hue stays out of Lazors way.  Marvin runs the D, Lazor runs the offense.   Hue helps Marvin head coach and run D as an assistant head coach to help throw challenge flags and decide what to do on 4th down.  Maybe to give insight on Browns who we still have 2 games with.  I'm all for Austin fired and it gives hope to still have 9 or 10 win season if Marvin turns D around a little. I could see Hue helping Marvin in an assistant head coach capacity during games as Marvin runs the D.  LET LAZOR RUN THE O.

No rumor, it's legit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Never been a fan of Hue Jackson. I've always viewed him as a guy with a very big ego who's more about himself than his team. 

Having said that, the Bengals need all the help they can get right now, so hopefully Hue can be a positive / productive addition.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: No shit......good God Almighty.....

Sure what it seems like.  It's hard to fathom that even THEY are THIS dumb.

Not so sure it's a joke!

I'd say the whole Akili Smith NO Trade Entire Draft With Butkus scenario is very hard to top, but they are definitely trying.

I was actually surprised we made it thru the bye week with out bringing Hue back. I guess HJ needed another week to cry.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 02:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'd say the whole Akili Smith NO Trade Entire Draft With Butkus scenario is very hard to top, but they are definitely trying.

I was actually surprised we made it thru the bye week with out bringing Hue back. I guess HJ needed another week to cry.

You have a point sir..... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 12:31 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: How do you know he is the best possible coach? please explain that to me. You're pointing out all these things like they're relevant to what we have now. It's not. Completely different set of circumstances. He's not here for camp (or here last 3 years period), he doesn't know the offensive scheme, and is a worse in game manager than ML himself, which is no easy feat. 

It's funny you said anyone who thought we would bring in an outside person mid-season doesn't get business.....but here we are, getting an outside guy to come in mid-season. Rather fascinating way of using that logic, but ok. I think you meant to say only outside person who they bengals are familiar with, which is much closer to the truth.

If you listened to Lewis talk about the challenges of doing the DC job while still acting as head coach this make sense. 

While the defense is on the field Lewis is watching them and making calls.  He can talk with Jackson during that time about any coaching that needs to occur based on what he's seeing.  Jackson can coach the defense on those things during the next offensive series while Lewis is watching the offense.

Jackson and Lewis speak the same language and Jackson has coached all three phases with the team at one point or another.  What he's going to be dealing with will likely be fundamentals - which have been sorely lacking.

I'm not any more happy than anyone else about the possibility of a "succession plan" with Jackson but he makes absolute sense as someone who can come in and make Lewis as DC possible right now.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Shouldn't you have said the same thing to Benton?

Nope.  No need to defend, what has so far been the truth.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 02:51 PM)Roland Wrote: If you listened to Lewis talk about the challenges of doing the DC job while still acting as head coach this make sense. 

While the defense is on the field Lewis is watching them and making calls.  He can talk with Jackson during that time about any coaching that needs to occur based on what he's seeing.  Jackson can coach the defense on those things during the next offensive series while Lewis is watching the offense.

Jackson and Lewis speak the same language and Jackson has coached all three phases with the team at one point or another.  What he's going to be dealing with will likely be fundamentals - which have been sorely lacking.

I'm not any more happy than anyone else about the possibility of a "succession plan" with Jackson but he makes absolute sense as someone who can come in and make Lewis as DC possible right now.

It does make sense, I am not arguing that. I am arguing why we're consistently recycling the same habits without learning our lesson? Maybe this isn't one of them, but maybe it is? But it follows the same exact thought process that has haunted this org since MB took over. And it's time for a fresh approach. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 02:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: No rumor, it's legit.

It makes sense.  Austin fired.  Marvin says he is taking over the D.   Lazor on offense.  Marvin on defense now.  What about head coaching though.  Enter Hue Jackson as an assistant head coach as Marvin takes over the D trying to fix that huge weakness.  So it makes sense, if that is the plan. Keep Hue out of Lazors way, just let him help Marvin as Marvin takes over the D.  If all this works, a 10 win season is still possible.  Hue might even help on the 2 Browns games coming up, with inside playbook and audible words knowledge. 

I was against Hue coming back.  With Austin fired and Marvin taking over D, if Hue is just to help Marvin and stay out of Lazor's way, it could work. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 02:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Nope.  No need to defend, what has so far been the truth.

I dunno. I could see Marvin being HC of Oakland or either of the NYC teams depending on what other options are available. Marvin has proven he can bring a team from the dumps into (semi) competitive. He just hasn't shown he can take a team deep into the playoffs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No Lazor! No Hue! After almost two decades of Marvin this fan base deserves a HC they can get excited about. Find the hottest coordinator or someone from college, but ffs no promoting from within. I want them to clean house when Marvin finally walks away. Pipe dream, I know.

Right there with ya. Please no Lazor, no Hue !

(11-13-2018, 01:46 PM)Benton Wrote: Pretty much.

I would add though that the Bengals have not approached coaching changes as other teams do. Hue failing completely in two attempts will likely hurt his chances of getting a shot anywhere but Cincinnati, where we have a head coach who would not be a head coach anywhere but Cincinnati.

Exactly, Hue could be 0-95 as a HC and Mike Brown could care less. You can't think normal when Mike Brown is involved.
Reply/Quote