Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Hue on his way to Cincy
(11-12-2018, 10:52 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yes, but what does he do exactly? We have an OC. The DC is apparently going to M. Lewis. Is H. Jackson going to be HC?
I feel ya! Not sure tbh, they'll come up with something if they do...lol
Not a big Hue guy, but at the time, he seems to thrive in a position coach's role.

His and Merv's friendship/working relationship makes this one seem/feel inevitable. Hue has HC experience, not surprised if he doesn't ease Merv's burden in some manner.
Reply/Quote
The home page says he'll be helping Marv with the defense.

https://www.bengals.com/news/hue-jackson-named-special-assistant-to-the-head-coach
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:27 AM)McC Wrote: The home page says he'll be helping Marv with the defense.

https://www.bengals.com/news/hue-jackson-named-special-assistant-to-the-head-coach

Which makes sense. He held the Browns to two touchdowns or less in seven games last season, and only allowed more than 20 points in three games.

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Helping Merv with the DEFENSE?
Sounds like a "fish-out-of-water" scheme, to me.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a sinking ship....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:42 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Helping Merv with the DEFENSE?
Sounds like a "fish-out-of-water" scheme, to me.

On the surface maybe.  But if you think about it, an OC would have to know a lot about defense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
He's been here as a defensive coach before. People can ***** and whine, but the move makes sense. If Marvin is going to call the D, he needs someone he trusts to help him with other things. Jackson has worked with Lewis many times in the past and knows how he thinks. And Jackson is a good asst. coach, and knows our system and the way things are done. It makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People can ***** and whine...

I'm not bi****** or whining... I actually don't dislike the move.  I was just kind of hoping that Hue could help with the OFFENSE, because the Bengals haven't been dominant on that side, since he left.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:53 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I'm not bi****** or whining... I actually don't dislike the move.  I was just kind of hoping that Hue could help with the OFFENSE, because the Bengals haven't been dominant on that side, since he left.

That part of the comment was not directed at you. Yes, Hue is better on the other side of the ball, but Lazor has that covered. Marvin is going to need help relaying parts of the game while he is directing the defense. My guess is Hue will be Marvin's relay between himself, Lazor and Simmons...
Reply/Quote
I'm not mad at the situation, just disappointed. It seems like were going back to the original succession plan before Hue took the Browns job. Why? Hue has proven hes not a very good HC, so why is this a good idea? Is it only because he and Marvin are such good friends that Marvin doesn't want to see the Bengals HC job go to anyone else. Id rather it be an open position to the best candidate then preordained to go to Hue. We could be missing out on the next McVay.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:44 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like a sinking ship....

Lipstick on a pig. Look I know the kinda change (Marvin gone) I wanna see happen is very unlikely to happen while Mike is still in charge. But to me this is just more of the same old crud we've seen a dozen times before. Basically hiring from within and not stepping out of that comfort zone. The same zone that hasn't produced a winner in 16 years now.

Nothing about Hue Jackson makes me want him to be our next HC. And that's sure what this smell's like.

I'm going to try and stay positive and hope this helps and it may short term. But I highly doubt there's any silver lining here for the future.

Hope I'm wrong !
Reply/Quote
So predictable. Same as it ever was. Looks like Hue will be the HC next year and for the next decade.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 10:41 AM)Big Boss Wrote: He's our next head coach.

And if that happens I’m finding another team
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 12:20 PM)Trademark Wrote: And if that happens I’m finding another team

Oh, come on.  Where else are you gonna find this blend of high comedy and tragedy?

Reply/Quote
Hiring Hue as HC would be so Bungle.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:44 AM)McC Wrote: On the surface maybe.  But if you think about it, an OC would have to know a lot about defense.

Yeah, that makes sense.  The Bengals are so revolutionary, they are now flipping the script on coaching skill-set convention

If they Hired a DB coach to be the Qb coach,  you would probably say 'But if you think about it, an DB coach would have to know a lot about Quarterbacks'

You are right; the bengals are brilliant. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 12:22 PM)McC Wrote: Oh, come on.  Where else are you gonna find this blend of high comedy and tragedy?

I think every Bengals fan should report to PBS at the end of every August to receive their yearly caning. Throw in some free physical pain to augment the mental stress and anguish. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He is the best possible coach to bring in middle of season to help accomplish what Marvin needs him for. He’s not going to take over OC, he is going to help more of a dual HC so Marvin can focus more on defense. He may have a hand in the offense too which is way better than Marvin having a hand in the offense. I guarantee Marvin got Lazor’s opinion before making this decisions Lazor is a good OC but let’s not act like we have an elite offense under him. I mean we did have a 12-4 record wth Hue as the OC, with a backup for the last four games.

Anyone who thought they would bring in an outside person mid-season just doesn’t get the business. I’d rather have Hue help out if Marvin doesn’t think he can do both. This gives us the best POSSIBLE chance right now.

We can blow it up, and I hope they do, but that won’t happen until the end of the season.

How do you know he is the best possible coach? please explain that to me. You're pointing out all these things like they're relevant to what we have now. It's not. Completely different set of circumstances. He's not here for camp (or here last 3 years period), he doesn't know the offensive scheme, and is a worse in game manager than ML himself, which is no easy feat. 

It's funny you said anyone who thought we would bring in an outside person mid-season doesn't get business.....but here we are, getting an outside guy to come in mid-season. Rather fascinating way of using that logic, but ok. I think you meant to say only outside person who they bengals are familiar with, which is much closer to the truth.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:59 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I'm not mad at the situation, just disappointed. It seems like were going back to the original succession plan before Hue took the Browns job. Why? Hue has proven hes not a very good HC, so why is this a good idea? Is it only because he and Marvin are such good friends that Marvin doesn't want to see the Bengals HC job go to anyone else. Id rather it be an open position to the best candidate then preordained to go to Hue. We could be missing out on the next McVay.

Hue may just not be a good person to build up a good team from the ground up. He might be able to take a solid team to the next level. The Bengals would be the best team he's ever had as a HC. And mentioning Sean McVay is a bit misguided too because McVay took over a Rams team that was 7-9 two years prior to him taking over, so it's not like it was a continual 3-4 win team year after year. McVay took a decent team, pushed for a few really great changes, and made it elite.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:23 AM)McC Wrote: Special Assistant to the Head Coach.  

Must be comforting to know that no matter where you go or how badly you fail, you will always have a soft landing spot waiting for you.

It's Mike & Merv way. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote