Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Hue on his way to Cincy
I'm with the no Hue as HC plan. He's a good offensive coach, and we could use some more knowledge on O right now imo. But he's 3-36-1 as a HC and he really didn't take it gracefully when he was fired. I mean, you're 3-36-1, what do you expect? Dont make excuses just take it like a man. The team instantly looks better now that hes gone too and that doesn't bode well for him as HC. So yeah, pleeeease no Hue as HC here. But he can help in other ways and as others have stated hes done well here for sure. We need to win and win now and if this helps Marv be the DC then so be it.
Reply/Quote
One thing about Hue, he must like a challenge because the teams that he was the head coach of were trash.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:34 PM)jason Wrote: Y'all are silly....

What's the Bengals' record when Hue's been on the staff?

Bitching just to *****.

For me it’s more about not wanting him to be our next HC. If Hue Jackson is the light at the end of the tunnel after waiting out Marvin all these years I’m going to be beyond disappointed. He’s just not a good HC. Hard Knocks was really an eye opener on that front.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:26 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I'm with the no Hue as HC plan. He's a good offensive coach, and we could use some more knowledge on O right now imo. But he's 3-36-1 as a HC and he really didn't take it gracefully when he was fired. I mean, you're 3-36-1, what do you expect? Dont make excuses just take it like a man. The team instantly looks better now that hes gone too and that doesn't bode well for him as HC. So yeah, pleeeease no Hue as HC here. But he can help in other ways and as others have stated hes done well here for sure. We need to win and win now and if this helps Marv be the DC then so be it.

I wouldnt take it gracefully either,they did him wrong if you ask me. Seemed lile they were tanking most the time he was there for draft picks. Plus if refs wasnt totally against the browns theyd have a better record. They get hosed by the refs all the time.
Reply/Quote
Have been vocal about not liking Hue as HC or OC.

But am fine with him being a position coach where he excels.

What worries me is that this paves the way for him to be our next HC.

I am checking out if this happens.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For me it’s more about not wanting him to be our next HC. If Hue Jackson is the light at the end of the tunnel after waiting out Marvin all these years I’m going to be beyond disappointed. He’s just not a good HC. Hard Knocks was really an eye opener on that front.

He had asshole coaches trying to take over lol that todd haley was a ass, i dont even think big ben liked him. Bad hire right there.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:45 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Have been vocal about not liking Hue as HC or OC.

But am fine with him being a position coach where he excels.

What worries me is that this paves the way for him to be our next HC.

I am checking out if this happens.

It might finally be my breaking point as well.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For me it’s more about not wanting him to be our next HC. If Hue Jackson is the light at the end of the tunnel after waiting out Marvin all these years I’m going to be beyond disappointed. He’s just not a good HC. Hard Knocks was really an eye opener on that front.

I didnt see hard knocks, but you are the second person who brought that up and now I want to see it lol. All I know is I watched and interview after he was fired by the Browns and it wasn't impressive to say the least. The record speaks for itself.
Reply/Quote
You can’t make this crap up. If this loser eventually becomes our head coach I will officially no longer be a fan. I’ve had just about enough of this crap
Reply/Quote
I think players love Hue Jackson. People judge Hue on his history with the Raiders and Browns and the worst trade in Palmer. But players respond to him. Browns are a much better team in the last two years. I can see them beating the Bengals at least once if not twice.

I am more curious how this will help Lewis perform at his true love that is defense coordinator. Whether you like it or not, Hue will be next head coach of Bengals.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 04:49 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think players love Hue Jackson. People judge Hue on his history with the Raiders and Browns and the worse trade in Palmer. But players respond to him. Browns are a much better team in the last two years. I can see them beating the Bengals at least once if not twice.

I am more curious how this will help Lewis perform at his true love that is defense coordinator. Whether you like it or not, Hue will be next head coach of Bengals.

Not really. Apparently one of the Browns players compared him to Michael Scott from The Office. I’ve heard many think it was Myles Garret. Not good when one of your best players thinks your coach is a bumbling idiot...

http://dailysnark.com/cleveland-browns-player-compares-hue-jackson-to-michael-scott/

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 05:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not really. Apparently one of the Browns players compared him to Michael Scott from The Office. I’ve heard many think it was Myles Garret. Not good when one of your best players thinks your coach is a bumbling idiot...

http://dailysnark.com/cleveland-browns-player-compares-hue-jackson-to-michael-scott/

Isn’t daily snark a satirical website? Not exactly credible right?
Reply/Quote
For what it’s worth, it certainly won’t be a boring last 7 weeks of football! Lol
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 08:08 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Isn’t daily snark a satirical website? Not exactly credible right?

All they did was report on the tweet.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/nfl-browns-hue-jackson-michael-scott-the-office-cast

Reply/Quote
I like this move.

Hue may not be a very good head coach. But he's always been an elite position coach and coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 04:49 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think players love Hue Jackson. People judge Hue on his history with the Raiders and Browns and the worst trade in Palmer. But players respond to him. Browns are a much better team in the last two years. I can see them beating the Bengals at least once if not twice.

After reading more on the subject, I really don’t think Marvin is really into the DC thing. Sounds more like he’s just doing it to shake up the team. He’s not going to change many things, he just wants the players to feel the sense of urgency and to quit making the boneheaded mistakes. He mentioned in a few articles he had his back to the offense against NO because he was trying to get the defense into it. He wasn’t successful.

Not saying having a week to focus won’t help his efforts, but it’s been so long since he’s ran a defense. Plus, he doesn’t have the ability to give these guys what they really need to be better which is discipline. Discipline is everything on defense. You don’t miss tackles. You don’t get stupid penalties and you don’t play 10yrd off the receivers out of fear of getting beat. You go into every play with one goal and that’s getting the ball back. Marvin is too passive to instill this kinda discipline.

Reply/Quote
Man these guys just cant quit each other.

So now are we basically going back to the "Succession Plan" that was laid out 3 seasons ago? Because i've seen enough of Hue as a head coach, and I don't want anymore. Not with my team, no thank you.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Marvin has always been a better coach when he had had Hue. Hue was at his best when working for Marvin. So, while I am necessarily a fan of this move, because of future implications, I will withhold judgement for the rest of this season until we see how this is going to work

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:00 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Bright side

It closes the door on this Bozo coming back to "help" Merv.

[Image: th?id=OIP.4l_k-ZGeNNoKzDzUGFkqgAHaE8&pid...=252&h=169]

I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.....this is Mike Clown and Mediocre Merv we are talking about here.

In regards to Horrible Hue.....just more cronyism and nepotism from this shit show.  Who can say they are shocked?  I had actually gotten some positive vibes from these guys over the off season.  How could I have been so gullible again?  Eff these clowns.  This is the loserest of all loser moves.  What a kick in the stones.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson is now the special assistant to the head coach.....Here we go.
Reply/Quote