Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Hue on his way to Cincy
Very smart move on short notice, Lewis has not prepared to call defense and have those head coach duties in game time etc... bring in someone you know well that knows the system and can take on some duties to help you stay focused on fixing this Defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:16 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Yep. Nothing says super bowl like hue Jackson. They won’t be worth a thing until mike brown dies (not wishing death on him for crying out loud) but it’s 27 years evident.
Or he could pass the ownership job on to his daughter. I think he is holding on hoping Marv can get him a SB appearance or win before he goes into retirement.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I sense this is Marvin's last hurrah and he's going out blazing(or possibly smoldering)by running the D too.

Hue takes the wheel after this season.

If this happens, I’m going to die.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Is anyone on the Bengals team frustrated? Frustrated enough to show some emotion? Or is it all internal and we'll never hear anyone get angry again. Do we have anyone with passion on this team?

What does J. Mixon think about splitting time with Gio, for example?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I sense this is Marvin's last hurrah and he's going out blazing(or possibly smoldering)by running the D too.

Hue takes the wheel after this season.

So we go from a guy that can;t win any games that matter to a guy that can't win any games at all.

Perfect Bengal Logic
Reply/Quote
So basically, if Hue wasn’t fired Austin would still be our DC....But Marvin’s bestie got canned and he wanted him to come over and hang out. This wasn’t a move to get better, this was a move to help Marvin and Mikey’s buddy play football coach on Sundays again.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 09:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What can he do here?

Hue Jackson was a great wide receivers coach in the Carson Palmer days and he was an above average offensive coordinator in 2015. Also, he at least managed to get a tie with the Steelers. Haha!
Reply/Quote
Sequel

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Do we need WR help? And we have an OC. I don't understand what B. lazor would do then. I'm still confused on what Hue is going to do. I think Marvin needs to concentrate on just DC and get them into shape (give up under 20 a game) or this team goes nowhere. Our weakest link is Defense, even the offense needs to start teaching the defense "you can't do this!".
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:56 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Or he could pass the ownership job on to his daughter. I think he is holding on hoping Marv can get him a SB appearance or win before he goes into retirement.

Mikey boy won't retire until he's retired by death. The f'ck was past his prime when he inherited the team 27 years ago. The f'ck was given the keys to an NFL franchise without ever having lifted a finger to earn it and he's run it like a child since, with his own personal stubborness being the prime factor in important decisions.

Paul Brown was one of the biggest innovators in sports history. Mikey boy has been the antithesis of innovation his entire time.

Reply/Quote
I think this is Marvs master plan all along. Think about it...

Marv mentions he has a succession plan in place for Hue. So he takes the job in Cleveland to sabotage their team while Marv reaps those two easy wins. Then ML hires Austin to purposefully sabotage the defense so Marv can slide down to that role like a true hero. Hue is now spotted as a mole so they fire him, aligning perfectly with Marvs plan to slide over to DC and Hue comes in and guides them to a Super Bowl win.

Then profit.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Do we need WR help? And we have an OC. I don't understand what B. lazor would do then. I'm still confused on what Hue is going to do. I think Marvin needs to concentrate on just DC and get them into shape (give up under 20 a game) or this team goes nowhere. Our weakest link is Defense, even the offense needs to start teaching the defense "you can't do this!".

John Ross needs help for sure.

I’m trying to find the silver lining in bringing Hue Jackson back to Cincinnati. Maybe it’s this: Mike Brown made three big coaching decisions in one day when the Bengals are in playoff contention. I’ve never seen the Front Office do anything close to this before.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:10 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I think this is Marvs master plan all along. Think about it...

Marv mentions he has a succession plan in place for Hue. So he takes the job in Cleveland to sabotage their team while Marv reaps those two easy wins. Then ML hires Austin to purposefully sabotage the defense so Marv can slide down to that role like a true hero. Hue is now spotted as a mole so they fire him, aligning perfectly with Marvs plan to slide over to DC and Hue comes in and guides them to a Super Bowl win.

Then profit.

That’s a movie script waiting to happen!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:00 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: So basically, if Hue wasn’t fired Austin would still be our DC....But Marvin’s bestie got canned and he wanted him to come over and hang out. This wasn’t a move to get better, this was a move to help Marvin and Mikey’s buddy play football coach on Sundays again.
I believe Marv and Austin friendship goes back  farther then Marv and Hue's does.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:10 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I think this is Marvs master plan all along. Think about it...

Then profit.

Merv is not capable of executing such a complex plan. We witness evidence of this fact each and every week.

Reply/Quote
thompson19osu Wrote:Well he also wanted Deshaun Jackson or Carson Wentz and management said no. Either Lazor or Jackson will be the next HC for sure. Might as well bring him in now.

This guy blames everybody else expect himself.   If Hue Jackson is the head coach of this team i will jump off a bridge.  This organization needs a new coach that has no relation to Marvin Lewis what so ever. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Mikey boy won't retire until he's retired by death. The f'ck was past his prime when he inherited the team 27 years ago. The f'ck was given the keys to an NFL franchise without ever having lifted a finger to earn it and he's run it like a child since, with his own personal stubborness being the prime factor in important decisions.

Paul Brown was one of the biggest innovators in sports history. Mikey boy has been the antithesis of innovation his entire time.
So you are saying you don't have a right to inherit things your parents own. Got ya I will be along to collect your parents belongings at some point.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Hue Jackson was a great wide receivers coach in the Carson Palmer days and he was an above average offensive coordinator in 2015.  Also, he at least managed to get a tie with the Steelers. Haha!

God knows the young WR's need some help.

I don't have an issue with Hue as an assistant, but as a HC, he blows.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Hue is going to be our new HC next year with 16 more years of the same sh*t, ladies and gents. Prepare yourself, the boat is sinking fast.
Reply/Quote
Y'all are silly....

What's the Bengals' record when Hue's been on the staff?

Bitching just to *****.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote