Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Hue on his way to Cincy
I might be the only one but I still like Hue and am 100% on board with him coming back. Like the firing of Austin and making Marv DC too. I’m happy with all the changes made after losing to NO which I never gave us a chance to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m completely perplexed as to what the plan is.

Fire the DC

Defensive-Minded HC assumes DC role

Relatively successful OC remains in place

Franchise hires offensive-minded former HC to an undefined role

WTF?

Is he taking over HC duties while Merv plays DC?

Is he pushing Lazor out? Are they some sort of weird tag team now?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:17 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Well he also wanted Deshaun Jackson or Carson Wentz and management said no. Either Lazor or Jackson will be the next HC for sure. Might as well bring him in now.

That Wentz stuff is such bs. Revisionist history in his part. If he had it his way he would’ve traded two valuable picks for mccaron
Reply/Quote
A lot of downers here. I can understand, believe me. I can.

However let's try to stay calm here.

Marvin was a great DC. Him taking over the reigns of DC could help improve this defense, which is horrendous. Even a slight improvement is an improvement. If they can just get a few more stops on 3rd down, and prevent yards on 1st and 2nd, then we are a bit more competitive. He has talent on the defense, that is for sure. So let's see if he can bring out that talent and focus on stops and not just creating turnovers.

Hue had Dalton rolling in 2015, and while I don't think he should be handed the OC spot. He CAN work with Lazor to assist with an already decent offense. Be more creative with different looks.

Hue also has HC experience from 2 different franchises. That experience will allow for Lewis to focus more on Defense while Hue handles some of the other task that HCs have to do, things that are time consuming and important, that can be delegated to him.

Add to the fact that he should have some insight into the Browns, that should give us an edge over them.

The Steelers have a tough schedule ahead of them. Yes they beat the Panthers, but Jacksonville has been a tough team for Pittsburgh, and they will have to play in Jacksonville. They also have to travel out to Denver, which is never easy, have the competent Rivers and the Chargers, then travel out west again to play the Raiders. Throw in games at the Saints and NE before playing us again and that means the division could still be ours if we make some adjustments and changes.

If not winning the division outright, we are in the drivers seat for a WC spot. These types of changes can help set up teams for good to great runs. I am happy with the removal of Austin and will be interested in seeing if Lewis is able to turn around this horrid defense, I think Hue helps this team and will take the "watch and see" that Lewis told us to do, before giving up on the team.
Reply/Quote
I said he would do that 10 hours ago...wonder what took him so long

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
And the Bengals coaching staff clown car swings by Cleveland to pick up an old member, great !

Why are Bengal fans cursed to this circus sideshow ?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m completely perplexed as to what the plan is.

Fire the DC

WTF?

I would assume that Hue comes into assist HC with Marvin.

Probably split overall play-calling.

Marvin 100% D prep and gameday play-calling/situational management.

Hue oversees Lazor on game prep and gameday play-calling/ situational management.

Not saying it will work.  Just seems like the thought process.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I hope Hue isn’t brought in to meddle with Lazor and Van Pelt. I was very pleased with the changes to the offensive side of the ball. When Aaron Rodgers is pissed at losing a coach that we got o take notice. The Defense not so much.

Andy did have his best year under Hue so maybe they call work collaboratively to make the offense better. I just hope Hue is not the next HC, but I fear it’s coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:27 PM)pally Wrote: I said he would do that 10 hours ago...wonder what took him so long
Had to wait for gift card validation from Wendy's.

Big business luncheon tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:30 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I hope Hue isn’t brought in to meddle with Lazor and Van Pelt.  I was very pleased with the changes to the offensive side of the ball.  When Aaron Rodgers is pissed at losing a coach that we got o take notice.  The Defense not so much.

Andy did have his best year under Hue so maybe they call work collaboratively to make the offense better.  I just hope Hue is not the next HC, but I fear it’s coming.

I sense this is Marvin's last hurrah and he's going out blazing(or possibly smoldering)by running the D too.

Hue takes the wheel after this season.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:16 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: That's one play. He also had another play where he ran an inside route and Dalton completely missed him, but all of his other targets were straight routes. 

So Lazor had him run 2 different routes. It's a start. Hopefully, Hue will increase that..
Let Lazor handle the offense he does not need Hue holding his hand. Lots of other stuff around here that Hue can help out with. Can Hue suggest stuff in meetings yes Marvin has said that all the coaches contribute to game planning and can speak up and add  their thoughts.

I do agree that Ross needs to run multiple routes and get involved in the game plan more.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And the Bengals coaching staff clown car swings by Cleveland to pick up an old member, great !

Why are Bengal fans cursed to this circus sideshow ?
"That Lumina is pretty frickin' roomy.  Not too shabby on gas mileage either!!!!"

[Image: th?id=OIP.8RqRsB3qSc50oKGAcO-hUgHaEN&pid...=274&h=156][Image: th?id=OIP.yDbQ8fRickELUSvIbQMghAHaDR&pid...=364&h=162]
Reply/Quote
I think Hue views the game from the booth and give Marvin an overall feel/ call of the game while Marv has his mind on the D.

Never been a big Hue fan, but it's better than nothing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Good God! Are you serious?! Picking up the Brown’s castoffs......a new low for this franchise. They simply REFUSE to think outside the box and keep making safe, easy, familiar decisions that result in continued failure and mediocrity. Unbelievable!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:12 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Hue can help his team win three games , down the stretch. He knows the entire division, especially, our divisional foes down the stretch. If he can get us two wins aginst the land,va Baltimore ore win ( which is a team that he helped us put up good numbers against. He knows Pitt, playing them tough in the first matchup.

Not a huge Hue fan, but this team seems to response d to his coaching  style.

Yes, but what does he do exactly? We have an OC. The DC is apparently going to M. Lewis. Is H. Jackson going to be HC?
Reply/Quote
The new title: Vice Head Coach.. Casts tie breakers in case DC and OC can't decide on plan of action and takes over if Marv dies in mid-game. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m completely perplexed as to what the plan is.

Fire the DC

WTF?

I think Hue will be used  in different ways just to keep him on the back burner until Lazor gets a HC job somewhere. We did this with Hue before when Gruden was our OC. I don't think Hue will get a HC job offer in the near future it will be a long time before that happens but teams might offer him a OC spot and this is our way of keeping him off the radar of other teams and having him here to take over when Lazor moves on since every 2 or 3 years our OC gets a head coaching job offer.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:30 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I hope Hue isn’t brought in to meddle with Lazor and Van Pelt.  I was very pleased with the changes to the offensive side of the ball.  When Aaron Rodgers is pissed at losing a coach that we got o take notice.  The Defense not so much.

Andy did have his best year under Hue so maybe they call work collaboratively to make the offense better.  I just hope Hue is not the next HC, but I fear it’s coming.

I don't know. Browns sawk. Marvin Lewis as Bengals HC? Sawks. What's worse than sawking? Nothing. We have zero playoff wins. We can go 1-15, what does it matter. We need a championship, not just a playoff win, and we don't have the latter. Marvin can't do it. Just get M. Lewis out of the HC role so eventually he can be replaced by someone who shows promise. Let H. Jackson coach and lose the rest of the games.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:52 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Good God! Are you serious?! Picking up the Brown’s castoffs......a new low for this franchise. They simply REFUSE to think outside the box and keep making safe, easy, familiar decisions that result in continued failure and mediocrity. Unbelievable!

This is perfectly worded.
Reply/Quote
Let's not play like the O is clicking on all cylinders just because the D was historically bad. Hue seemed to do pretty good as OC here. I'm for any move we try at this point. Of course I wished we would have brought Bill Walsh back to life and hired him; unfortunately, that wasn't an option. So we're gonna try this.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote