Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Hue on his way to Cincy
(11-12-2018, 11:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Hue Jackson was a great wide receivers coach in the Carson Palmer days and he was an above average offensive coordinator in 2015. Also, he at least managed to get a tie with the Steelers. Haha!

The Saints didn't beat the brakes off his Browns either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: So you are saying you don't have a right to inherit things your parents own. Got ya I will be along to collect your parents belongings at some point.

Can't really compare an NFL franchise to "things" like a house, furniture, or heirlooms.
I think you should at least have to prove some competence to inherit something so valuable.
Reply/Quote
As long as him coming back doesn't mean that whole "succession plan" is back on the table I don't care.

Hue's not a bad NFL coach, but he certainly is hot garbage as a NFL head coach. He's familiar with Marvin, familiar with the franchise, familiar with a team we're going to play twice going down the stretch and has put in good work here as a position coach/coordinator.
Reply/Quote
Hue has always been good as a Bengals coach. If I'm not mistaken, he's the coach who helped Housh become the player he was. He helped Chad Johnson become the player he was. We have a lot of wide receivers now who could use some coaching, namely John Ross. I think his role will be a WR whisperer and I think he'll help.

If the case is Hue being an assistant HC, then there's room to worry. But right now, Marv as HC/DC is fine. There have been plenty of other HCs who called the offensive plays, why not this? If he turns it around, more power to him. If he doesn't, he's on the chopping block.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:41 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: How so?

He is the best possible coach to bring in middle of season to help accomplish what Marvin needs him for. He’s not going to take over OC, he is going to help more of a dual HC so Marvin can focus more on defense. He may have a hand in the offense too which is way better than Marvin having a hand in the offense. I guarantee Marvin got Lazor’s opinion before making this decisions Lazor is a good OC but let’s not act like we have an elite offense under him. I mean we did have a 12-4 record wth Hue as the OC, with a backup for the last four games.

Anyone who thought they would bring in an outside person mid-season just doesn’t get the business. I’d rather have Hue help out if Marvin doesn’t think he can do both. This gives us the best POSSIBLE chance right now.

We can blow it up, and I hope they do, but that won’t happen until the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:27 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: A lot of downers here.  I can understand, believe me.  I can.

However let's try to stay calm here.

Marvin was a great DC.  Him taking over the reigns of DC could help improve this defense, which is horrendous.  Even a slight improvement is an improvement.  If they can just get a few more stops on 3rd down, and prevent yards on 1st and 2nd, then we are a bit more competitive.  He has talent on the defense, that is for sure.  So let's see if he can bring out that talent and focus on stops and not just creating turnovers.

Hue had Dalton rolling in 2015, and while I don't think he should be handed the OC spot.  He CAN work with Lazor to assist with an already decent offense.  Be more creative with different looks.

Hue also has HC experience from 2 different franchises.  That experience will allow for Lewis to focus more on Defense while Hue handles some of the other task that HCs have to do, things that are time consuming and important, that can be delegated to him.

Add to the fact that he should have some insight into the Browns, that should give us an edge over them.

The Steelers have a tough schedule ahead of them.  Yes they beat the Panthers, but Jacksonville has been a tough team for Pittsburgh, and they will have to play in Jacksonville.  They also have to travel out to Denver, which is never easy, have the competent Rivers and the Chargers, then travel out west again to play the Raiders.  Throw in games at the Saints and NE before playing us again and that means the division could still be ours if we make some adjustments and changes.

If not winning the division outright, we are in the drivers seat for a WC spot.  These types of changes can help set up teams for good to great runs.  I am happy with the removal of Austin and will be interested in seeing if Lewis is able to turn around this horrid defense, I think Hue helps this team and will take the "watch and see" that Lewis told us to do, before giving up on the team.
Well stated. I thing could be a good thing. To many downers and negativity on this subject.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:48 PM)MrHinkyDink Wrote: Hue has always been good as a Bengals coach. If I'm not mistaken, he's the coach who helped Housh become the player he was. He helped Chad Johnson become the player he was. We have a lot of wide receivers now who could use some coaching, namely John Ross. I think his role will be a WR whisperer and I think he'll help.

If the case is Hue being an assistant HC, then there's room to worry. But right now, Marv as HC/DC is fine. There have been plenty of other HCs who called the offensive plays, why not this? If he turns it around, more power to him. If he doesn't, he's on the chopping block.

I think the reason Marvin doesn’t/can’t do this is because he wants to have his hand in every facet of the team. Coaches who call plays are better at delegating and stepping back. If it was easy, every head coach would call their side of the ball they specialize in.
Reply/Quote
I think this could be a good thing. To many downers and to much negativity on this subject. The defense can't get worst. It should get better. Let's wait ad see and be hopeful.  Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:46 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: As long as him coming back doesn't mean that whole "succession plan" isn't back on the table I don't care.

Hue's not a bad NFL coach, but he certainly is hot garbage as a NFL head coach. He's familiar with Marvin, familiar with the franchise, familiar with a team we're going to play twice going down the stretch and has put in good work here as a position coach/coordinator.

That's the biggest fear for this move, and I can't fault those that are worried. If the offense doesn't improve much as Lazor gets canned, then Hue gets the OC job back next season. If Marvin can't win a playoff game by end of 2019 season, he moves on and there is Hue waiting in the wings.

I mean, its not entirely out of the realm of happening.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hue is a good coach though, a better OC than Lazor is. Put it in a bit of perspective, the Browns offense that started off with Tyrod Taylor then to Mayfield, rookie rb with Hyde early on before he was traded, and Landry at receiver has more yards per game than the Bengals offense does. And in points scored their offense isn't too far behind the Bengals average wise (minus the 4 Bengals defensive tds).

Just hope the Bengals don't have grander plans for him down the road past being the OC again.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: So you are saying you don't have a right to inherit things your parents own. Got ya I will be along to collect your parents belongings at some point.

I'm not saying that at all. You are assuming that is what I meant or believe.

What I'm saying is that Mikey boy, who knows essentially nothing about football as evidenced by his history of disastrous decisions, mis-managed the family business badly. If it weren't for NFL revenue sharing this team would have become bankrupt.

Most NFL team owners hire a football skilled GM, but not Mikey boy, he knows better than everyone else and his history shows that he has that exact attitude.

Reply/Quote
The Reds and the Bengals are so similar, it is scary

Terrified of Change

Obsessed with nepotism and familiar, like minded faces.

Surround themselves with yes-men

Continue to produce beyond sub standard results

Have owners that directly meddle/influence in draft/player/scouting decisions

Then Every 5 years, write a letter to the fans saying things will be different and we want to bring a Championship to Cincy.

Lol - This stuff is hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 12:13 AM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: The Reds and the Bengals are so similar, it is scary

Terrified of Change

Then Every 5 years, write a letter to the fans saying things will be different and we want to bring a Championship to Cincy.

Yep. And the fanbase is beaten down to the point where any change is welcome.

People were psyched up about Austin despite all of his progressively worse defenses in Detroit.

They thought Pollack could salvage Ced and Fisher.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 12:13 AM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: The Reds and the Bengals are so similar, it is scary

Terrified of Change

I miss Marge Schott! I miss Paul Brown!

Both were followed by morons.

Reply/Quote
I just think that with Hue coming back, the Succession Plan is back on. We all know Mike Brown is loyal to his own demise. Mike always chooses the easiest and cheapest option and this just fell back into his lap. We all know what this is, or should. Christ, it’s been the same stuff for almost 30 years.
Reply/Quote
Guys this is obviously a very polarizing moment. Please refrain from personal attacks on how folks are reacting.

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
In 2.5 years he won 3 games. In the two weeks since being fired the browns put up a fight againt the best team in the AFC and won a game against a team people are using as Daltons signature win of the season that locks him in as a stud QB.

Shew wee.

Kinda crazy. Real hard to feel any excitement for this. Im more concerned that the succession plan could be back on.
Reply/Quote
Browns are paying his salary so no extra cost for Mikey
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:21 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I might be the only one but I still like Hue and am 100% on board with him coming back. Like the firing of Austin and making Marv DC too. I’m happy with all the changes made after losing to NO which I never gave us a chance to win.

Im with you on Jackson and really don't understand all the hate for him. Jackson is great as coordinator but sucks as a HC. He knows all are veteran players and should be able to motivate them. However he did leave us high and dry for the Browns so he will bolt at the first opportunity. The Bengals are not taking football as seriously as they should and the complacent attitude has trickled down to the players. They need to cut a player or two (Micheal no pressure or tackles 5 mil a year Johnson) and  (Cedric 1st round non playin superbust OGBuehi) too send a message to the team and shake them out of complacency.
Reply/Quote
I think he can help us. Lord knows we need it. We can worry about next year when this one is over.
Reply/Quote