Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I LIKED the Bullying....
(09-15-2015, 03:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did want to sign Suh and so did others seeing as he was the #1 FA prospect in the NFL, I also wanted Hardy who I considered #2

Because we don't have the checkbook?????????????? Or a vote, we were overruled.

He didn't ask why we didn't sign Suh, he asked why we (the fans) didn't WANT to sign Suh.

We get it, we don't have the checkbook (what is this, 1997??), we were overruled, we don't make the decisions, we aren't the front office, blah blah blah. Yeah man, we know. We've known it even before you came on here to remind us 500 times. Everybody is 100% well aware of the fact that we don't actually make the decisions, but we all play armchair GM/owner. Yeesh.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 03:31 PM)djs7685 Wrote: He didn't ask why we didn't sign Suh, he asked why we (the fans) didn't WANT to sign Suh.

We get it, we don't have the checkbook (what is this, 1997??), we were overruled, we don't make the decisions, we aren't the front office, blah blah blah. Yeah man, we know. We've known it even before you came on here to remind us 500 times. Everybody is 100% well aware of the fact that we don't actually make the decisions, but we all play armchair GM/owner. Yeesh.

I was making a bit of a joke or being hyperbolic and all that.  My main issue with this is that people are getting a little too worked up about it.  I don't think it was a dastardly terrible thing to do, but people acting like hitting people after the whistle is what awesome teams do and it's going to make us into some magical juggernaut that walks into Heinz Field, slams Pig Ben into the ground, rips off his helmet and then shoves it up his rectum is a bit flawed.

Or maybe we will do it.  I just think people are really overestimating the link between beating up on a rookie WR and actually forcing our game-related will upon opponents. I'd rather dominate a team via Hill running all over them to kill the clock when everyone knows we are going to do it and is powerless to stop us than see someone slam someone (who isn't Harrison or Pig Ben) into the ground after the whistle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 03:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was making a bit of a joke or being hyperbolic and all that.  My main issue with this is that people are getting a little too worked up about it.  I don't think it was a dastardly terrible thing to do, but people acting like hitting people after the whistle is what awesome teams do and it's going to make us into some magical juggernaut that walks into Heinz Field, slams Pig Ben into the ground, rips off his helmet and then shoves it up his rectum is a bit flawed.

Or maybe we will do it.  I just think people are really overestimating the link between beating up on a rookie WR and actually forcing our game-related will upon opponents.

Oh I know. It's just even though you made a joke, it got a serious response that I've seen dozens of times from the same person.

It's annoying to hear how "we don't make the decisions!!!" for everything whenever every single person here is posting with that already understood. I don't think it needs repeated so many times when we all get it. There's nobody to my knowledge that posts here and believes they are part of the Bengals' decision making.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 03:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did want to sign Suh and so did others seeing as he was the #1 FA prospect in the NFL, I also wanted Hardy who I considered #2

Because we don't have the checkbook?????????????? Or a vote, we were overruled.

(09-15-2015, 03:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was making a bit of a joke or being hyperbolic and all that.  My main issue with this is that people are getting a little too worked up about it.  I don't think it was a dastardly terrible thing to do, but people acting like hitting people after the whistle is what awesome teams do and it's going to make us into some magical juggernaut that walks into Heinz Field, slams Pig Ben into the ground, rips off his helmet and then shoves it up his rectum is a bit flawed.

Or maybe we will do it.  I just think people are really overestimating the link between beating up on a rookie WR and actually forcing our game-related will upon opponents.  I'd rather dominate a team via Hill running all over them to kill the clock when everyone knows we are going to do it and is powerless to stop us than see someone slam someone (who isn't Harrison or Pig Ben) into the ground after the whistle.

I addressed upfront the "we" was not accurate in all cases as I wanted him signed.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 03:41 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Oh I know. It's just even though you made a joke, it got a serious response that I've seen dozens of times from the same person.

It's annoying to hear how "we don't make the decisions!!!" for everything whenever every single person here is posting with that already understood. I don't think it needs repeated so many times when we all get it. There's nobody to my knowledge that posts here and believes they are part of the Bengals' decision making.

Some people have a hard time wanting certain types of players and coaches because they also have that sort of homerism that everyone currently ON the Bengals is the best.  We want fire from our coach and a bully from our players but when people even proposed the scenario of Jim Harbaugh and/or Suh coming to the team the response was a resounding NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NEVER NEVER THAT'LL RUIN EVERYTHING!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 03:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I addressed upfront the "we" was not accurate in all cases as I wanted him signed.

I'm not talking about you specifically.  There is a pervasive notion that anyone who is available (even though we won't get anyone of great note, let's be honest) will ruin our team.  Peyton Manning, Jim Harbaugh, Suh, Andre Johnson etc...anyone who is available is treated with some sort of fear that they are going to throw this team into a black hole.  I wouldn't mind that so much if people didn't seem to want our current players and coaches to simply morph into people they are not.

EDIT: Where does this stuff end, by the way? I don't recall many Bengals fans hanging on Tomlin's junk when he was trying to trip that Raven's player, nor would I assume Bengals fans are NOT badmouthing the Steelers for having a coach that allegedly assaulted a Patriots fan.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 03:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not talking about you specifically.  There is a pervasive notion that anyone who is available (even though we won't get anyone of great note, let's be honest) will ruin our team.  Peyton Manning, Jim Harbaugh, Suh, Andre Johnson etc...anyone who is available is treated with some sort of fear that they are going to throw this team into a black hole.  I wouldn't mind that so much if people didn't seem to want our current players and coaches to simply morph into people they are not.

Yeah I always hear the best excuses when there is a thread about a free agent or possible trade.

The "Would you trade for Philip Rivers" thread, the one about signing Peyton Manning, and ANY free agent thread that the player had any sort of criminal past no matter how miniscule and no matter how long ago would always have the most absurd responses to them.

Some of the same people would use "free agents aren't a sure thing!" as their excuse while applauding the front office for using our high round draft picks on kids coming out of college with torn ACLs and questionable pasts. The most fun part of the offseason is talking to the "free agency is bad!" people.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 03:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not talking about you specifically.  There is a pervasive notion that anyone who is available (even though we won't get anyone of great note, let's be honest) will ruin our team.  Peyton Manning, Jim Harbaugh, Suh, Andre Johnson etc...anyone who is available is treated with some sort of fear that they are going to throw this team into a black hole.  I wouldn't mind that so much if people didn't seem to want our current players and coaches to simply morph into people they are not.

EDIT:  Where does this stuff end, by the way?  I don't recall many Bengals fans hanging on Tomlin's junk when he was trying to trip that Raven's player, nor would I assume Bengals fans are NOT badmouthing the Steelers for having a coach that allegedly assaulted a Patriots fan.

I have always looked at this as almost a defense mechanism.  Most fans know the big names are not going to be brought in, so they adopt a "who wants them anyway" attitude.  Kind of like the guy who brings up how much gas the new Corvette ZR1 goes through...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 04:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I have always looked at this as almost a defense mechanism.  Most fans know the big names are not going to be brought in, so they adopt a "who wants them anyway" attitude.  Kind of like the guy who brings up how much gas the new Corvette ZR1 goes through...

Yep, we are free-agent sour grapeists.

It extends to players on the team and those who left, etc. After the 2010 season it was clear Chad and TO (and probably Benson and Marvin) were going to be gone. That's ok, it was their fault, and Palmer played great with Simpson and Caldwell so that was encouraging. Then it turned out Benson and Marvin were staying and Palmer wanted out so Benson and Marvin were no longer part of the problem and it was all about Chad, TO, and Palmer running the team into the ground. People even accused Palmer of twisting Mikey's arm and getting TO here (I suppose he convinced Mikey that Bryant's knee was medically sound, as well) because he was the GM too I guess.

Either way, it's all about placing the blame on those who aren't staying. I assure you if Dalton refused to sign an extension and went to the Texans he would become darn near the one and only reason we lost 4 playoff games in a row. It's just human nature.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 04:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep, we are free-agent sour grapeists.

It extends to players on the team and those who left, etc.  After the 2010 season it was clear Chad and TO (and probably Benson and Marvin) were going to be gone.  That's ok, it was their fault, and Palmer played great with Simpson and Caldwell so that was encouraging.  Then it turned out Benson and Marvin were staying and Palmer wanted out so Benson and Marvin were no longer part of the problem and it was all about Chad, TO, and Palmer running the team into the ground.  People even accused Palmer of twisting Mikey's arm and getting TO here (I suppose he convinced Mikey that Bryant's knee was medically sound, as well) because he was the GM too I guess.

Either way, it's all about placing the blame on those who aren't staying.  I assure you if Dalton refused to sign an extension and went to the Texans he would become darn near the one and only reason we lost 4 playoff games in a row.  It's just human nature.

Wait....I thought it was ALREADY established that Dalton was the sole purpose of our playoff losses.... Confused

.....but seriously, I'd have been all for Harbaugh, Manning, Suh.....etc.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wait....I thought it was ALREADY established that Dalton was the sole purpose of our playoff losses.... Confused

.....but seriously, I'd have been all for Harbaugh, Manning, Suh.....etc.

Ha, well if Marvin was fired tomorrow he'd be THE reason we lost and the next guy would be "way more of a leader than (the guy who left) EVER was!" and if Dalton went to Houston he'd be the reason and so on and so forth. The whole "such a leader!" thing is my favorite cliche. As soon as Palmer left and Dalton came here he could have pissed his pants and people would be scrambling to find a way to convince themselves that proved he was a LEADER.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 03:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I suggest you expand your horizons.

I watch all or portions of all games every week.

It is obvious you do not.

I will not do your homework for you.

You are wrong, admit it and move on. We are all wrong and not perfect.

You are the one who made the claim this happens every week.
You are the one who claims they watch enough football to show this.

The burden is on you to prove it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: I'm already tired of hearing about this and its only been a day.

On the topic of Jones and Iloka.  I frankly don't care.  Jones got chopped to the neck and saw red.  These people complaining about Jones being a disgrace obviously have never been in his shoes and in this situation before.  You're loaded with adrenaline playing every single down in a violent fast paced sport and you get chopped to the neck? what did you expect him to do ? It doesn't matter what you expect him to do because you're not the moral authority on all things.

George Iloka's foul was a mistake, but only because of his body position.  If he does that a foot away and not on him it probably doesn't get called.  Even if it does I can't fault the dude for living in the moment.  Its what makes these players great.

If anything the travesty of this game was the call on Kirkpatrick.  Lets be clear i dont care just because it was a Bengals game, but this is a pure bullshit call that has a trickle down effect in this league.  Even that waste of space Chris Simms said afterwards " The League is removing this from the game " .  I am sorry, but when has shit talking not been allowed on a football field ? This is part of the mental warfare of football that makes the game great.
I agree with all of this! Being PC is bad enough, now we're seeing it in the NFL. Yes, I want the Bengals to play smash-mouth football, AND be smart about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:23 PM)Nasty Nati Wrote: Ya, no respect for you after this....... That's a b itch ass move right there.... Toughen up pu$$, this is football...... I bet you snitch on me and report this post lmao

It's football!  It's tough!  If James Harrison rips Dalton's helmet off and smashes his head into it I'm gonna be all like YEAAHHHH ITS FOOTBAAWWWWWLLL!!!!!!!

Dalton should go out there and take a chainsaw to Pig Ben's head BECAUSE FOOOOTBAAWWWLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU give me negative rep I'mmaa eat your face and then send parts of your corpse to your widow because IM TOUGH!!! AARGHH!!! MMMM ME MEAN!!!!!! FOOOOTBAAAWLLLL!!!!!

sorry, I've been drinking.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!  I'm going to choke slam my cat to earn your respect!!!! AARGHHH!!! IM A MAN!!! I'm 40!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 02:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You're a pansy who should play flag football. - people who would be flipping out if it were the other way around

I don't see why you can't disprove of what Jones did and support what Iloka did (minus taunting penalty)

Just lay him out the next chance you get. Put your facemask in his thigh next time he has the ball. Do it legally and between the whistles. Not a hard concept. 

Where did I support what Iloka did you presumptuous dimwit?

All the stupid after the play penalties were just that; stupid. Supporting one or the other is also stupid. Costing your team anything is stupid; keep your damn mouth shut and let your play do the talking - act like a god damn professional.

This ***** guy.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote