Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am standing up and saying it
(01-10-2016, 02:34 AM)WildCat Wrote: when you call out your fellow fans for "not wanting this game" yeah you need flamed. 2-15 or 2-16 vs. the steelers in PBS. c'mon man.

How could you not want this game? I don't understand the logic of being scared of another team.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:36 AM)Beaker Wrote: How could you not want this game? I don't understand the logic of being scared of another team.
2-15? and it's the steelers. i dunno how many times do they need to beat us. before you say, i don't want that team?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:37 AM)WildCat Wrote: 2-15? and it's the steelers. i dunno how many times do they need to beat us. before you say, i don't want that team?

So when do you put the past to bed by stepping up and beating them?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:39 AM)Beaker Wrote: So when do you put the past to bed by stepping up and beating them?

Past never changes....same ole same ole. 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
pretty much. it never seems to end. 0-7.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:20 AM)Beaker Wrote: I got the game I wanted, against the team I wanted. I will say good game steelers, you won. I will also say I think this was one of the most frustrating losses Ive ever witnessed as a Bengal fan. Not because it was against the steelers, but the way that we went out. They came alll the way back from down 15 in the 4th quarter, then got the INT. All they had to do was run the ball 3 times and kick the FG. But credit to ben for driving them down the field. Some will say it was all because of the personal foul at the end, but the steelers were at the 45 yard line and probably would have at least gotten 10 more yards anyway. I do hope the steeler fans stand up and recognize that the Bengals were a worthy opponent and definitely no push over despite past history.

The Bengals (minus one particular knucklehead) definitely were a worthy opponent.  Heck, I was composing a post that said exactly that when Hill fumbled.  I kind of feel bad for you guys - especially the ones responding like you just did.  You deserve better for your loyalty.  
Reply/Quote
Well, I believed in my team. I stood up and said I wanted the steelers because I thought the Bengals would win. And I was here afterwords win or lose.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:20 AM)Beaker Wrote: I got the game I wanted, against the team I wanted. I will say good game steelers, you won. I will also say I think this was one of the most frustrating losses Ive ever witnessed as a Bengal fan. Not because it was against the steelers, but the way that we went out. They came alll the way back from down 15 in the 4th quarter, then got the INT. All they had to do was run the ball 3 times and kick the FG. But credit to ben for driving them down the field. Some will say it was all because of the personal foul at the end, but the steelers were at the 45 yard line and probably would have at least gotten 10 more yards anyway. I do hope the steeler fans stand up and recognize that the Bengals were a worthy opponent and definitely no push over despite past history.

Yup. Any bitching and moaning about calls and missed calls and all that other stuff is just noise. They had the ball and the game and they gave it away. Nothing else.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:44 AM)Beaker Wrote: Well, I believed in my team. I stood up and said I wanted the steelers because I thought the Bengals would win. And I was here afterwords win or lose.

Props for all of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:39 AM)Beaker Wrote: So when do you put the past to bed by stepping up and beating them?

that's a good question isn't it? i'm as in the know as you are. but hoping we get them knowing the stats. its a moment of "c'mon man" really.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:44 AM)Beaker Wrote: Well, I believed in my team. I stood up and said I wanted the steelers because I thought the Bengals would win. And I was here afterwords win or lose.

Most bengal fans deserved watch every second of this game tonight. You're not one of them though.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
you'd have to step up and beat them as a bengal i think. most of us said no way. and you said you're not fans. we said f** you and you said pwn it. so it is what it is. none of us wanted these fuckheads. you said you did. i deplore you to here is exactly why we didn't want them.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:46 AM)WildCat Wrote: that's a good question isn't it? i'm as in the know as you are. but hoping we get them knowing the stats. its a moment of "c'mon man" really.

I respect him for it.  To borrow a Tomlin quote, "You shouldn't live in your fears."  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:46 AM)WildCat Wrote: that's a good question isn't it? i'm as in the know as you are. but hoping we get them knowing the stats. its a moment of "c'mon man" really.

I don't hang my hat on the past. The Bengals were fully capable of beating this steeler team, and I think they proved it. Coming back from 15 down in the 4th quarter was amazing. Sorry you dont feel the way that I do. I still play hockey and always relish the games against our toughest opponents. I carry that same outlook into my fandom.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:50 AM)Beaker Wrote: I don't hang my hat on the past. The Bengals were fully capable of beating this steeler team, and I think they proved it. Coming back from 15 down in the 4th quarter was amazing. Sorry you dont feel the way that I do. I still play hockey and always relish the games against our toughest opponents. I carry that same outlook into my fandom.

Another woulda coulda shoulda

They got beat by being stupid. 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:50 AM)Beaker Wrote: I don't hang my hat on the past. The Bengals were fully capable of beating this steeler team, and I think they proved it. Coming back from 15 down in the 4th quarter was amazing. Sorry you dont feel the way that I do. I still play hockey and always relish the games against our toughest opponents. I carry that same outlook into my fandom.

hanging your hat on the past is exactly what you did when calling out bengal fans. in theory? yes. capable no. they proved they can't beat the steelers. bonehead typical bengals. hockey is no bones to me. also hockey is just punch people's teeth out. i don't believe in hurting people for the sake of hurting them.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:56 AM)WildCat Wrote: hanging your hat on the past is exactly what you did when calling out bengal fans. in theory? yes. capable no. they proved they can't beat the steelers. bonehead typical bengals. hockey is no bones to me. also hockey is just punch people's teeth out. i don't believe in hurting people for the sake of hurting them.

I know....being a wildcats fans you like to avoid playing the tough teams. That's why UK consistently avoids playing UC. I had forgotten that. Now I understand why you feel the way you do.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:54 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Another woulda coulda shoulda

They got beat by being stupid. 

Its cute that the raven fan finally gets to come here and take out some of his frustration.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:01 AM)Beaker Wrote: I know....being a wildcats fans you like to avoid playing the tough teams. That's why UK consistently avoids playing UC. I had forgotten that. Now I understand why you feel the way you do.

we avoid duke kansas ohio state all of the tough teams. man you got me. we still lost got punched in the forehead. not just punched in the mouf.
Reply/Quote
we still wanted pittsburgh. in the wildcard round. and we failed. you keep rooting for uc i'll keep rooting for kentucky. kentuckywinsyoulose. end of story.
Reply/Quote