Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
Eight “one and done” playoff appearances — but enough about Peyton Manning....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whether or not you think Dalton is a above or below average QB the likely hood of them changing QB this year is slim. Hopefully the front office fixes the holes on O-line and linebacker. That way whoever is the QB going forward they have the best chance to succeed.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:01 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Looks like some intelligent and more importantly objective Bengal fans have joined the message forum.  Wink

I hope you are joking. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Eight “one and done” playoff appearances — but enough about Peyton Manning....

Well you need a qb who can win in the playoffs

Dalton can’t and he’s had a
Bunch of chances.

New qb, new hope. Same qb, same results

If the goal is winning a sb. Dalton ain’t your guy
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:19 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Well you need a qb who can win in the playoffs

Bunch of chances.

New qb, new hope.  Same qb, same results

Wrong... you need a TEAM that can win in the playoffs..... this whole team has either been decimated by injuries, or just played like shit in every playoff game they have been in. That's not all on Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Dalton has shown to be a good QB over his tenure, he also has had some rough patches but overall he is a proven QB, so if we believe as many do that Lewis held this team back over the last few years it makes total sense to see if a new coach will be the difference from Dalton moving up in performance over the next 2 years and that will leave zero questions on Dalton and where we go from there

That's a nice, level unbiased take.  Well done.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wrong... you need a TEAM that can win in the playoffs..... this whole team has either been decimated by injuries, or just played like shit in every playoff game they have been in. That's not all on Dalton.

Truth

Dalton has played poorly in the playoffs - absolutely.
Dalton is the main reason they've lost every game - absolutely not.

The defense as a unit has just as poorly or worse than Dalton over the same stretch during the playoffs, and that's coaching/preparation.
The offense has been equally crappy outside Dalton, with any running game we've had dying in the playoffs, and again that's coaching and preparation.

The coaching and prep. have been abysmal in the playoffs, and to dump the blame on one player is just plain ignorance, especially when that player didn't even play in one of the games.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wrong... you need a TEAM that can win in the playoffs..... this whole team has either been decimated by injuries, or just played like shit in every playoff game they have been in. That's not all on Dalton.

It appears very few fans understand the concept of team anymore and i get it with the media focus on the QB position. Thing is, Tom Brady doesn't have a SB here. On the flip BB has PO wins and perhaps a couple SB's with a few of Marvins teams.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:19 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Well you need a qb who can win in the playoffs

Bunch of chances.

Carson Palmer was considered an elite talent by one and all.  How did he do under Marvin? Stop ignoring the giant elephant in the room.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Lets not put the cart before the horse here. New staff will evaluate players and they will determine what they need and whom they need to replace. Most likely, the HC will have already said Andy is at LEAST a good short term solution . He has 2 years left of a cheap QB deal which gives the new staff time to make improvements and figure out the best course. That could mean drafting a QB this year, next year or year after.

It is almost impossible to know what Taylor thinks of Dalton., and he probably only has an outside opinion at this point. He needs to sit with him in meetings, see him practice, etc.

I am not a huge Dalton fan but we need so much LB and OL help first and foremost.

Another factor is the HC will know how patient this team is so even if he says he wants to work with Dalton for a full season to evaluate him he knows this makes sense to the Browns.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: It appears very few fans understand the concept of team anymore and i get it with the media focus on the QB position. Thing is, Tom Brady doesn't have a SB here. On the flip BB has  PO wins and perhaps a couple SB's with a few of Marvins teams.

When your Qb averages a 55 rating over 5 playoff starts, thats gonna be hard to overcome

defense on the field all game

put in awful field position off of Andys SEVEN turnovers

Yeah, thats gonna be a hard handicap to overcome. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:47 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: When your Qb averages a 55 rating over 5 playoff starts, thats gonna be hard to overcome

defense on the field all game

put in awful field position off of Andys SEVEN turnovers

Yeah, thats gonna be a hard handicap to overcome. 

Never said he wasn't bad in those games. TJ Yates tore us up twice. You want TJ Yates?

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: It appears very few fans understand the concept of team anymore and i get it with the media focus on the QB position. Thing is, Tom Brady doesn't have a SB here. On the flip BB has PO wins and perhaps a couple SB's with a few of Marvins teams.

You do realize that by that same logic you are saying Andy Dalton could have had 7 straight AFC championship appearances and 5 Super Bowl rings with the Patriots.......right? I would disagree.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The 9th year is really when most good QBs begin to shine.

Ug! Why draft one then, just pick one someone else has carried along for 8 years.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:50 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Never said he wasn't bad in those games. TJ Yates tore us up twice. You want TJ Yates?

Plus, the defense sucked in every playoff game but the Steeler debacle in '15 and the game plans sucked.  The whole team sucked yet all but one guy gets a pass.   That is some high quality objectivity right there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:51 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: You do realize that by that same logic you are saying Andy Dalton could have had 7 straight AFC championship appearances and 5 Super Bowl rings with the Patriots.......right? I would disagree.

You have never seen Dalton coached by the Goat. But let's take a look at how the replacement QB's did when Brady went down. Turns out pretty damn good!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:50 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Never said he wasn't bad in those games. TJ Yates tore us up twice. You want TJ Yates?

Yates beat the bengals once in the playoffs.  11/20 159 Yards and 1 TD . - Tore up!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:55 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Yates beat the bengals once in the playoffs.  11/20 159 Yards and 1 TD . - Tore up!

Oh yeah forgot the other was in the regular season. My bad. Still better than Dalton's line right?

Reply/Quote

Bunch of chances.

So we should also let Green, Dunlap and Atkins go since they are 0 for playoffs with your standard.. correct ??
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:55 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Yates beat the bengals once in the playoffs.  11/20 159 Yards and 1 TD . - Tore up!

I realize ripping on Dalton and laughing at other people's ideas and calling people stupid are your go to moves, but I have yet to see any of your ideas.  Kinda makes me wonder if you actually have any.

You want Dalton gone at all costs yet you never express your plan to get rid of him.  Do you have one?  Once you toss Dalton, what are you gonna do about a QB?

Reply/Quote