Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I predict Jay Gruden is our HC next year if it's not Marvin
Supposedly last offseason, if Gruden was available...that's who the Bengals wanted. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Would prefer someone completely new, but I’d take Jay over Hue any day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't think that I like him as a HC. He was awkward and non-authoritative toward James Harrison, has an awkward interview out there comparing Dalton to Kaeperick at the height of Kap's career(basically shitting on Dalton), owns a sub .500 record as a HC...I'm just not feeling the magic. 
Reply/Quote
What about Zimmer 5 seasons, 2 playoffs 1 fluke playoff win, looking like not making playoffs after alot of $$ spent in offseason, could he be let go?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 01:33 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I don't think that I like him as a HC. He was awkward and non-authoritative toward James Harrison, has an awkward interview out there comparing Dalton to Kaeperick at the height of Kap's career(basically shitting on Dalton), owns a sub .500 record as a HC...I'm just not feeling the magic. 

I thought Jay was the one that wanted Dalton?

Reply/Quote
I've had a feeling that Gruden may be our #1 option, but we can't say anything with him under contract with the Redskins. I feel like it'll be someone familiar, if it isn't Hue, such as Gruden, Guenther, or Joseph.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 01:46 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've had a feeling that Gruden may be our #1 option, but we can't say anything with him under contract with the Redskins. I feel like it'll be someone familiar, if it isn't Hue, such as Gruden, Guenther, or Joseph.

If we have to go retread here’s my order of who I’d want

Zimmer>Jay>Joseph >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hue

Reply/Quote
We all know I would be happy with Gruden.

Zimmer as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 01:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we have to go retread here’s my order of who I’d want

Zimmer>Jay>Joseph >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hue

I feel like Mike Brown is banking on fans just not wanting to Hue, that they'll be happy with anyone else.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 01:57 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I feel like Mike Brown is banking on fans just not wanting to Hue, that they'll be happy with anyone else.

I wish I felt that was the case. I think he’ll feel like anyone but Marvin will excite the fans. And unfortunately I think Hue is his #1 choice.

Reply/Quote
Will we be spouting off these same names next year as we wonder who will replace Marvin in 2020?

Y'all know in your heart of hearts that Marvin will be back next year...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Zimmer please...the stupid penalties would ceasw on offense and the defense would be at least fundamentally sound
oh yeah players would be fearful of losing jobs aka VB.
Reply/Quote
I'd live Zimmer, but at this point I'd take anyone. Seriously, any guy off the street . I just want to see the organization look at the fans' dissatisfaction and say "let's not do the exact same thing we did the last decade."

A lot of people whined when we brought gruden in. I was happy we weren't just doing the same thing one more time and hoping it worked out different.
Reply/Quote
You mean that nobody was absolutely delighted with the hiring of Teril Austin before the season began ?
Every Bengals ticket should have printed on it (just like many grocery items ) "If you're not absolutely delighted with your purchase you can receive your money back with no questions asked." And be honest, have you ever NOT been absolutely delighted with your Bengals ticket purchase? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Zimmer = discipline. We need discipline on this team. Well, that and common sense. He has both.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 08:13 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Zimmer = discipline. We need discipline on this team. Well, that and common sense. He has both.

Do you think that Mike Zimmer would even come to an interview, if invited?  As level headed and no-nonsense kind of guy that he is, he could have been completely content with putting distance between himself and the circus that is Bengals Management.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 01:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we have to go retread here’s my order of who I’d want

Zimmer>Jay>Joseph >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hue

Agree with this.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 08:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you think that Mike Zimmer would even come to an interview, if invited?  As level headed and no-nonsense kind of guy that he is, he could have been completely content with putting distance between himself and the circus that is Bengals Management.

Good question. I think Zim liked it here. Plus, when he lost his wife, the players and organization really seemed to rally around him. So, I really don’t know because even with that, what coach would want to come here?

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 08:41 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good question. I think Zim liked it here. Plus, when he lost his wife, the players and organization really seemed to rally around him. So, I really don’t know because even with that, what coach would want to come here?

That, right there, is likely the biggest challenge at hand when contemplating the replacement of Marvin Lewis.  Unfortunately, Mike Brown's reputation of being a meddling miser isn't confined to the realm of just Bengal fans, the entire league is onto him.  I suspect that in order to get someone in here that we would be proud to have as our HC, it would require Mike Brown making too many concessions that he's just not comfortable with.

Before anyone mentions it.  Yes, I've read the interviews where Mike says that he's not nearly involved in the daily operations of the team, as many of us think.  However, everyone in that front office is most definitely implementing policy based on principles that Mike Brown has established and put in place.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I personally feel we're going to have to dip into the college ranks and find someone hungry for the NFL. No HC worth anything will touch this dumpster fire. Just my two cents.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote