Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Fournette is there at #9, the Bengals Take Him
Using a 1st round pick on a guy that was injured last year...sounds about right.

I'm all for moving on from Hill though. I've seen enough.

Still would rather a DE with our 1st pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:16 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: Fournette is not going to be there at 9.

Probably not, but it's not for certain that he won't be. I'm just happy to hear them saying they want him if he happens to be there at 9. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter if we line up with a shittier line than we did last year. Which looks likely.
Reply/Quote
There are no brainers and there are no brainers. This is a no brainer.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Its always hard to stick with what you know is best for the team when we get dazed by these skill players. Midway through the season I think everyone would have been all for using our first 4 picks on the lines, I know I was. Maybe not the first four but the lines are the problem. So what I'm hoping for is that we make a deal with say..Chicago's 2nd pick for AJ McCarron. If some sort of trade like that happens I will be all for Fournette. I think the RB position can give a team that extra playmaker needed to get over the hump, not to mention a guy like Fournette who I think fits perfect in our division. But it means nothing if we don't fix the line. So if we can figure out a way to do both, hell yea. If not then fix our main issues first then grab a RB in the later rounds. Just wish this team would try to fix the O line in FA so we can go DE, LB, DB, RB. But it dosent look like that's going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:52 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Doesn't matter if we line up with a shittier line than we did last year. Which looks likely.

Line needs to improve for sure, but a better RB will make them look a lot better.

I truly think Hill is one of the worst backs in the league. The Bengals are smart to move on from him.
Reply/Quote
Makes a WHOLE lot of sense.....waste the #9 pick on yet another injured player and in this case yet another RB who can get constantly hit behind the line as our OL is horrific.
Reply/Quote
It would be like buying a Ferrari and parking it in a carport
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 04:00 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: Line needs to improve for sure, but a better RB will make them look a lot better.

I truly think Hill is one of the worst backs in the league. The Bengals are smart to move on from him.

Ok bro. Kick the can down the road some more and yell at the asian schoolboy you're playing in madden with that strategy.

child pOlease
Reply/Quote
God i hope not.i really do not want a rb at 9. In terms of a pure runner, hes not even the best one in the class. Hes athletically gifted yeah but no for me.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 01:02 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Hill is and has been awful the last couple of years, I mean blame it on the Oline if you want but Burkhead had 0 problem.

If Fournette is bpa then you take him.

Hill sucks....but there wasn't much tape on Burkhead and Gio struggled too.  The line gave up 41 sacks....and has ranked consistently in the lower 1/4 of the league in YPC for the better part of a decade.  This line sucks....and has been overrated in the past.  I don't think Fournettes style will be an asset behind this bunch of turds....especially if you lose Whit and Z. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 08:06 PM)Okeana Wrote: I would laugh so hard if they try and put hill on the Practice squad because his ego would be so crushed.  Ive hated that kid for years and I just don't see how other people can justify him being on the team.  One of the most selfish childish players Ive ever seen and I will never forgive him for losing that Steelers playoff game.  

Selfish.....like sitting out your team's bowl game?  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 04:06 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: It would be like buying a Ferrari and parking it in a carport

That's what I said about those turds they trotted out there to protect Palmer after the line from 2005 started to fall apart.  Stupid.

As others have said....injured last season....looks more like a downhill runner to me....that ain't good behind our swinging gate.

Reply/Quote
I would try Fournette to see how well he does. Hill and Gio aren't getting the job done. Seriously doubt he's available at 9 though.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have McCaffrey.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:16 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: Fournette is not going to be there at 9.

Cook could be gone as well, but that is just fine with me.  If there is an early run on RBs, the Bengals will get a really good DE.  If there is a run on DEs, the Bengals could get a really good RB.

I just have no desire for Reuben Foster.  There are so many other players that could provide an instant impact to this team.  
Reply/Quote
When have you ever known this team to be so up front with who they're eyeing in the draft? #smokescreens #dontgetworkedup
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 04:06 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: It would be like buying a Ferrari and parking it in a carport

A lot of folks will claim this and I understand why.  It is easy to say that the Ravens had nothing to play for and the last game of the season performance by Sexy was a fluke.  I think, however, that by having Ced on the bench that the offensive line was much better than during most of the season and Fisher was doing well at RT.  

I further expect the Bengals to draft an immediate started at RG in the second round that could actually be an upgrade over Zeitler.  Someone like Lamp, Feeney, or Biswonty.  

I have absolutely zero faith in Hill.  And Gio may not be ready week 1.  They will surely be getting a RB at some point and the competition between Sexy, Hill, Gio, and said draft pick will be very interesting.  
Reply/Quote
Fournette has way more speed than Hill and has the ability to make people miss as a big back and also truck his way to to the endzone..

I wouldn't mind picking him up but I am a bit wary with our line... If he can hit the spots quick, he will be an amazing addition for sure.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have drafted two RB's in the first round: Ki-Jana Carter (first overall) & Chris Perry (26th).

With that said, the history dictates they don't go RB that high. Second round, however, is totally different. They seem to grab them here way more often than the first.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote