Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Fournette is there at #9, the Bengals Take Him
Don't want Fournette. 240 is just too heavy for an NFL running back these days. He's an inch shorter than Hill and 5 pounds heavier.

Also doesn't bode well that not only does he show up at 240lbs, but he doesn't participate in the bench press.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is disinformation. They may take him depending on who's left, but they put this out hoping someone else will take him instead of an edge rusher....
Reply/Quote
Most likely a smoke screen. But I will say this, fornette is a beast. There's really nobody else in the draft with his size speed combo. I like cook too,but I doubt the Bengals do because of fumbles. I would like the pick if they actually did it, but I don't understand their plan, would they keep Jeremy hill too?

If you go later rounds there aint really no possible stars except the guy who hit the girl. When you go later rounds it's a risk even with second rounders. Packers took Eddie Lacy and Franklin trying to get a run game, they still got issues it happens. I believe the Bengals would probably look later though. A guy like Wayne gallman or Clement seem more Bengals likely in the 4th.

But don't be surprised when cook and fornette are both good in the league
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 02:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't want Fournette. 240 is just too heavy for an NFL running back these days. He's an inch shorter than Hill and 5 pounds heavier.

Also doesn't bode well that not only does he show up at 240lbs, but he doesn't participate in the bench press.

They also said it was a 'rock solid' 240, so it's not like he showed up out of shape or something. 

IMO, if Forunette is somehow still there at #9, you pull the trigger and make him a Bengal. The guy is a special kind of talent when you consider the combination of size, speed, power and aggression.

Of course, the chances of him making it to 9 seem very slim at this point.
Reply/Quote
Love Fournette, hate the injury risk at #9, and hate the fit with him running behind this moonwalking O-line. Rueben Foster or an impact pass rusher is the smarter play here.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They also said it was a 'rock solid' 240, so it's not like he showed up out of shape or something. 

IMO, if Forunette is somehow still there at #9, you pull the trigger and make him a Bengal. The guy is a special kind of talent when you consider the combination of size, speed, power and aggression.

Of course, the chances of him making it to 9 seem very slim at this point.

Even a "rock solid" 240 is still 240. There's no way he beats defenders to the edge at that weight. Or outruns the secondary for a long TD. The combine so far for him....

-240lbs (heaviest at the combine, only 3 of 33 didn't)
-Didn't participate in the bench
-Uninspiring 28.5" vertical
-Did not participate in the broad
-Small 9 1/4" hands (tied for 12th smallest out of 33)

None of that screams "I can dominate behind a shit OL".

Reply/Quote
Forunette, at 240, runs a 4.51 & 4.52. Cook ran a 4.5 twice and McCaffrey had a  4.49 & 4.59.

Reply/Quote
That 40 time is impressive! Usually prospects cut weight to run faster. For him to run a 4.51 at that weight...Wow.
Reply/Quote
I doubt he gets past Carolina.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Forunette, at 240, runs a 4.51 & 4.52. Cook ran a 4.5 twice and McCaffrey had a  4.49 & 4.59.

Meanwhile, Donnel Pumphrey only ran a 4.49 at 176 lbs. If you're going to be an offensive playmaker in the NFL at just 176 lbs, you better run faster than a 4.49.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nate (formerly eliminate08 Wrote:We paid Hewitt, play the frickin' guy. When we did play him we were able to run well. The coaches never seem to
stick with what is working. Re-watch the Bronco game last year, early on we just moved their D-line at will. Then
we got behind and started panicking.

So much this.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 08:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hill sucks....but there wasn't much tape on Burkhead and Gio struggled too.  The line gave up 41 sacks....and has ranked consistently in the lower 1/4 of the league in YPC for the better part of a decade.  This line sucks....and has been overrated in the past.  I don't think Fournettes style will be an asset behind this bunch of turds....especially if you lose Whit and Z. 

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you, this line is shit, I am just of the opinion that it looks even worse with a bad RB. Like I was saying earlier, Free Agency is gonna play a big part in what everyone does including us. Basically with Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles out there someone ahead of us may end up with them and not need Fournette, just like we haven't lost Zeitler and Whit yet but if we do that changes things that we need to do in the draft.

(03-03-2017, 12:23 PM)J24 Wrote: I never said hill was a burkhead type of back where the hell did you get that from? We have other major needs right now than RB we need pass rushers and blockers not another RB that early.

Read it again.

I didn't say you did.

What I was pointing out is that you said Burkhead was a different type of RB. I was just pointing out that Hill isn't a Burkhead type RB or a Power RB, He is neither, he is a somewhat in between guy with terrible vision that dances behind the line. 

Just to be clear I was pointing out that Hill didn't fit the mold of either type of guy we were discussing, never insinuated you said Hill was a Burkhead type.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:52 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Oh I'm not disagreeing with you, this line is shit, I am just of the opinion that it looks even worse with a bad RB. Like I was saying earlier, Free Agency is gonna play a big part in what everyone does including us. Basically with Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles out there someone ahead of us may end up with them and not need Fournette, just like we haven't lost Zeitler and Whit yet but if we do that changes things that we need to do in the draft.

Gotcha, wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying here as well.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Forunette, at 240, runs a 4.51 & 4.52. Cook ran a 4.5 twice and McCaffrey had a  4.49 & 4.59.

Derrick Henry is 6 foot 3, 247 and ran a 4.54 with a 37 inch vertical jump. So Fournette does have a precedent.
Reply/Quote
So we might lose Whit and we're definitely losing Zeitler. Might as well take a RB and just enjoy the show.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
So running backs already ran today. Damn I missed it. I knew fornette was fast, he outruns everyone once he gets going. Faster then hill. And hill has been our home run hitter in the run game.
Reply/Quote
If we re-sign whitworth and it Zietler, I wouldn't mind the 9th being spent on a RB. I'd much rather have Foster though. Our LB core (aside from Burfict) is hot garbage. Hopefully Billings has healed up nicely. He should fill in well for Peko
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even a "rock solid" 240 is still 240. There's no way he beats defenders to the edge at that weight. Or outruns the secondary for a long TD. The combine so far for him....

None of that screams "I can dominate behind a shit OL".

If he runs a 4.4 like people keep saying, that's gonna beat a lot of defenders to the edge.  Did he fumble in college?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 06:07 PM)McC Wrote: If he runs a 4.4 like people keep saying, that's gonna beat a lot of defenders to the edge.  Did he fumble in college?

4.51 is what he ended up running, which is great for 240lbs, but who knows. I'm just hesitant on any RB who weighs that much. Can't think of a relatively recent 240+ RB who's has sustained success. The closest I can think of is LeGarrette Blount, and that's not who I would want with the 9th overall.

Can't find any of his college stats that also list fumbles. CFRef and ESPN both don't list fumbles. Is that not a tracked stat in college?

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even a "rock solid" 240 is still 240. There's no way he beats defenders to the edge at that weight. Or outruns the secondary for a long TD. The combine so far for him....

Man, you're just trying to talk him down.  If you look at the complete list for measurements of NFL RBs, from the past few years, you'll find that 9.25-9.375 is about average size for RB hands. (for example, I'm a 6'2" White guy, and mine are 9.5)  Now, the vertical leap is a bit concerning, as well as not even participating in the broad, as the broad is considered to be by many the best measure of power to weight lower body explosiveness.  I'm sure the cone drills won't be kind to him, thus putting his hopes on the 40.  If he doesn't run, then I begin to scream "Red Flag".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote