Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Fournette is there at #9, the Bengals Take Him
I'd be happy with Fournette...as long as they fix the line too.

Some teams have great lines and no name RB's...and have 1000+ yard rushers.

If they think they can draft Fournette and start Bodine at Center next to Westerman...I doubt he does that good.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:16 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: Fournette is not going to be there at 9.

Especially after the Bengals broadcasted that they want him. This is likely a smoke screen.

This makes it more likely that some team trades up ahead of the Bengals to get him.

Cook is a good fit too. He's actually better at making guys miss...whereas Fournette runs over guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 08:58 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I would try Fournette to see how well he does. Hill and Gio aren't getting the job done. Seriously doubt he's available at 9 though.

Hmmm...2 2nd Round picks aren't getting the job done. Perhaps our offensive line isn't that good at run-blocking?

If you look at yards after contact statistics...a decent percentage of RB yards come before contact. That's on the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
LFs lateral agility is concerning. He'd better show some this week, or taking him could be very questionable.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:52 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Doesn't matter if we line up with a shittier line than we did last year.   Which looks likely.

Precisely.  Even when they could pass block in pre-Ogbuehi/Fisher times, the run-blocking was leaving a lot to be desired.  With Zeitler and potentially Whitworth gone, this could quite possibly be the worst run-blocking line in football next season.  
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: A lot of folks will claim this and I understand why.  It is easy to say that the Ravens had nothing to play for and the last game of the season performance by Sexy was a fluke.  I think, however, that by having Ced on the bench that the offensive line was much better than during most of the season and Fisher was doing well at RT.  

I further expect the Bengals to draft an immediate started at RG in the second round that could actually be an upgrade over Zeitler.  Someone like Lamp, Feeney, or Biswonty.  

I have absolutely zero faith in Hill.  And Gio may not be ready week 1.  They will surely be getting a RB at some point and the competition between Sexy, Hill, Gio, and said draft pick will be very interesting.  

I think if they did draft Fournette in 1, it's almost mandatory that you get someone like Lamp or Feeney in the second.  Maybe Siragusa in 3.  You have to get a potential offensive centerpiece like that some help.
Reply/Quote
No RB until round 3....or if a McCarron trade gets us another 2nd round, then ok. Good RBs can be found in mid rounds. D'onta Foreman would be a nice pick up in the 3rd and then Donnell Pumphery in round 5-6. FYI, Pumphery is the the NCAA all time leading rusher. With Gio a ? this season, Pumphery would be a good get.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 10:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd be happy with Fournette...as long as they fix the line too.

Some teams have great lines and no name RB's...and have 1000+ yard rushers.

If they think they can draft Fournette and start Bodine at Center next to Westerman...I doubt he does that good.

Only Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, or Earl Campbell would be good behind this line....and even they would struggle at times.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hard to say if this is a smokescreen or Guenther's comments about how pick #9 should be guaranteed a very good defensive player.
It makes me think the Fournette is a smokescreen and the Bengals either hope he's gone before pick #9 to have more defensive players fall or have teams looking to trade up to 9 for Fournette.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He's another Hill (watch Hill's college tape). Overrated, and his stock is dropping. Cook is the better runner. But the real question is why waste a top 10 pick on a rb in a draft deeeeeep with running backs. We can get a starter in the 5th round. Wouldn't be a smart move...... Which means he's the likely pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think the more important question we should be asking is who is being held accountable for the whiffed pick of Jeremy Hill?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 11:44 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think the more important question we should be asking is who is being held accountable for the whiffed pick of Jeremy Hill?

It's the Bengals......Nobody is held accountable for anything, ask Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 11:03 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: No RB until round 3....or if a McCarron trade gets us another 2nd round, then ok. Good RBs can be found in mid rounds. D'onta Foreman would be a nice pick up in the 3rd and then Donnell Pumphery in round 5-6. FYI, Pumphery is the the NCAA all time leading rusher. With Gio a ? this season, Pumphery would be a good get.

While I agree with this basic premise, if Cook or Fournette is there at #9 and the top DEs are gone, I would absolutely take one of them.  They are rare talent.

I also really like James Conner in a later round and think that would be a better overall draft if they are able to get a Thomas or Barnett at 9.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 11:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: He's another Hill (watch Hill's college tape). Overrated, and his stock is dropping. Cook is the better runner. But the real question is why waste a top 10 pick on a rb in a draft deeeeeep with running backs. We can get a starter in the 5th round. Wouldn't be a smart move...... Which means he's the likely pick.

Cook is awesome at making people miss and a better receiver...but his off-the-field issues will probably scare us away at 9.

A star RB has a career span of 8-9 years. A guy like Rueben Foster could dominate for 12-14 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 12:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cook is awesome at making people miss and a better receiver...but his off-the-field issues will probably scare us away at 9.

A star RB has a career span of 8-9 years. A guy like Rueben Foster could dominate for 12-14 years.

Cook does have some serous off the field issues. That's why it's better just to wait on a rb. If we go with a luxury pick just grab Williams. He should be there.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 01:39 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: The thing is that Hill isn't either type you described, he doesn't play strong enough for a power back and he isn't quick enough to be a Burkhead type. We won't even get into his vision or the dancing behind the line.

Why should the Bengals pass on Fournette just because Hill can't play? Why should we pass on a huge upgrade at RB? 

I never said hill was a burkhead type of back where the hell did you get that from? We have other major needs right now than RB we need pass rushers and blockers not another RB that early.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Fournette is 240lbs. at combine and will not do Bench Press. Mayock on NFL Net. Just said those a some surprising "red flags" for him. He played at 225 at LSU. Coming in 15lbs. Heavy at combine and a 240lbs athlete should not be scared to Bench Press, barring injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 10:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Especially after the Bengals broadcasted that they want him. This is likely a smoke screen.

This makes it more likely that some team trades up ahead of the Bengals to get him.

Cook is a good fit too. He's actually better at making guys miss...whereas Fournette runs over guys.

YEP. Exactly what I was going to say about it being a smokescreen. The Bengals want the Panthers to take him or someone else to jump up and trade for him. The more QB's and RB's that go early the better for them. I think they truly know how this draft is loaded at the top with Defensive talent and they want one or two of those guys to fall to #9 that they truly have their eye on. They will probably also show interest in Mike Williams to drive up his demand.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 11:49 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: It's the Bengals......Nobody is held accountable for anything, ask Marvin.

.....or Mikey....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 02:54 AM)Trademark Wrote: Yes please!!! Fournette will be the next AP!

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/2/14796008/bengals-want-leonard-fournette-nfl-network

Have to be honest. Earlier on i was not wanting the guy cause i thought of him as just another big LSU RB.

But he might be the fastest, big RB since Earl Campbell, his burst is amazing, he punishes defenders with his
shoulder and he CAN catch the ball out of the backfield. I would definately be for it now, we need another RB if
we don't bring back Rex and even if we do with Gio's injury and Hill's poor play.

I like Dalvin Cook a touch more but i am definately warming up to Fournette.

I bet the Panthers want him though too. If the Panthers take him i would take Dalvin Cook and be real happy
about it. Both of these guys ran behind bad O-lines as well in college so no big deal. The running game would
instantly be better with either one of these backs.

Heck, bring in Pocic too at Center the one good O-lineman they had at LSU.

Fournette, Mckinley, Pocic in the first 3 rounds.

The only weakness i see and others have mentioned with Fournette is he reads gap schemes only right now.
Reply/Quote