Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Imagine Carson Palmer Calling Joe Burrow?
It would not be a positive talk about having a career in Cincinnati. Carson has been very vocal as of late for his disdain with Mike Brown.

Imagine him telling Joe , your career will be over before it begins. Then Carson goes on to tell Joe his experience with Brown and the front office.

I wonder if it would be convincing that Burrow would pull an Eli Manning and refuse to play for the Bengals?

On a side note, I was watching Inside The NFL this week and Brandon Marshall was sending a message to Burrow saying don’t go to Cincinnati, it will be the death of your QB career and you have so much to offer.
Reply/Quote
JFC can we be excited for one damn night?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Joe has eyes and ears. I'm sure assorted family, friends and teammates have mentioned this to him. He knows the score.

On an unrelated note: **** Brandon Marshall.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Look what he’s doing at LSU with a chip on his shoulder after leaving OSU. I guarantee he’s the type of kid that believes he can win anywhere.

Reply/Quote
Nah, they'll be unveiling Joe and Jonah as the QB/LT combo of the new era, ready to lead the Bengals to the promised land. Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Whatever moves Carson wanted Brown to make were probably good ideas. But the fact remains, the year we let him and Chad go, 2 rookies took us to the playoffs 5 years straight. Our recent struggles started when we let Whitworth go and Green started getting hurt. A healthy Jonah and upgrades at G and RT would be a good place to start building around him. Mixon, AJ, Boyd, Ross, Tate are all really good players. We have some playmakers just need to get healthy. It shouldnt be too hard to convince him he could do well here.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 08:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: It would not be a positive talk about having a career in Cincinnati. Carson has been very vocal as of late for his disdain with Mike Brown.

Imagine him telling Joe , your career will be over before it begins. Then Carson goes on to tell Joe his experience with Brown and the front office.

I wonder if it would be convincing that Burrow would pull an Eli Manning and refuse to play for the Bengals?

On a side note, I was watching Inside The NFL this week and Brandon Marshall was sending a message to Burrow saying don’t go to Cincinnati, it will be the death of your QB career and you have so much to offer.

I hope the young man is smarter than to take advice from a quitter. His (CP's) last year he was 4-12, they bring in a rookie 2nd round pick and he takes same team to playoffs 5 years in a row. If team was so bad, why couldn't Palmer with them?

CP never lived up the hype once his knee was destroyed, he is a baby and wimp and can't lead real men. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If Joe signs with Brown and posts even respectable numbers he'll never have to worry about money again. I suspect that's true of any team at this point, but MB for all his faults he doesn't try to back out on deals.. Loyalty means different things to different people.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 08:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Look what he’s doing at LSU with a chip on his shoulder after leaving OSU. I guarantee he’s the type of kid that believes he can win anywhere.

I have to say...I'm excited to get Burrow here and see what he can do. I'd love for us to add Jefferson in the 2nd too.

I feel like hes a better prospect than Palmer in some ways...although Palmer had more arm strength.

He seems to have great pocket awareness and just knows where to go with the ball. That's big in the NFL.

Man...hoping we improve the offensive coaching staff though. We need to get Brady here.

I get that Burrow benefits from the LSU system...but we should be able to put him in the right system here and surround him with talent.

Also...kinda hoping we change our jerseys too.
Reply/Quote
So, what if Carson does call Joe? I mean, what's he going to say? "Joe, this is Carson. Yes, Carson Palmer, you know the rich privileged kid from California".. "Yeah, after the culture shock of moving to the Midwest, and the team refusing to let me dictate GM moves from the sidelines and all, I just couldn't cut it there any longer.". Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Why are our fans always coming out with shit like this?
On here, other forums and FB all you get is "what happens if Burrow pulls an Eli" "No one wants to come here" "every college player will go back to school so the Bengals can't draft them" *****, Moan, *****, Moan!!!!!
Did any player tell the Browns, Rams, Cardinals or the Buccs to stick it when they had the first pick? Oh but wait, we have big bad Mike!!!!
Has ANY player who was drafted by the Bengals EVER refused to come here since Mike took over
Can't you just try and be happy and support the team?
Reply/Quote
Had enough with the negativism around here...

WTF?!!!! Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, what if Carson does call Joe? I mean, what's he going to say? "Joe, this is Carson. Yes, Carson Palmer, you know the rich privileged kid from California".. "Yeah, after the culture shock of moving to the Midwest, and the team refusing to let me dictate GM moves from the sidelines and all, I just couldn't cut it there any longer.". Mellow

Good point. Did anyone watch Joe’s Heisman speech? Kid has perspective on what’s really important.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:41 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Did any player tell the Browns, Rams, Cardinals or the Buccs to stick it when they had the first pick? Oh but wait, we have big bad Mike!!!!

I get your point but Bo Jackson did indeed tell the Bucs to stick it when they had the first overall pick in the 1986 draft.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope the young man is smarter than to take advice from a quitter. His (CP's) last year he was 4-12, they bring in a rookie 2nd round pick and he takes same team to playoffs 5 years in a row. If team was so bad, why couldn't Palmer with them?

CP never lived up the hype once his knee was destroyed, he is a baby and wimp and can't lead real men. 

Larry Fitzgerald vouches for Palmer, what more needs to be said?  Dalton didn't quit on this team and he gets to be a 1 or 2 win dead QB walking.

Burrow is going to be behind the 8 ball here, but he knows it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good point. Did anyone watch Joe’s Heisman speech? Kid has perspective on what’s really important.

One might say that he's cut out to lead a team like the Bengals to the promised land.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good point. Did anyone watch Joe’s Heisman speech? Kid has perspective on what’s really important.

(12-28-2019, 09:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One might say that he's cut out to lead a team like the Bengals to the promised land.  

Thank you both. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow is going to be behind the 8 ball here, but he knows it. 

That’s a great point. Joe Burrow is smart and he realizes he’s being drafted by the most dysfunctional franchise in sports. He grew up in Ohio so he knows!

You have no idea how much I want Joe to succeed in Cincinnati. Everything at this point from the current roster to the current coaches has him set up to fail. The Bengals better have the draft of the century and get off their lazy butts in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s a great point.  Joe Burrow is smart and he realizes he’s being drafted by the most dysfunctional franchise in sports.  He grew up in Ohio so he knows!  

You have no idea how much I want Joe to succeed in Cincinnati.  Everything at this point from the current roster to the current coaches has him set up to fail.  The Bengals better have the draft of the century and get off their lazy butts in free agency.

Even if we ramp up the draft success and FA moves there is plenty of evidence to support the fear that ZT is going to hamper JBs development and/or success. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s a great point.  Joe Burrow is smart and he realizes he’s being drafted by the most dysfunctional franchise in sports.  He grew up in Ohio so he knows!  

You have no idea how much I want Joe to succeed in Cincinnati.  Everything at this point from the current roster to the current coaches has him set up to fail.  The Bengals better have the draft of the century and get off their lazy butts in free agency.

Lets just lose to the Stains bad so Mikey can send Zac packing and we can get Rivera or somebody man.

I supported the initial hire and I like the guy but I just cannot stand this type of losing, no one can, especially players.

Look at these threads, us fans are going nuts with this losing. I would of been okay if we won 6 games or so and stayed 
relatively decent but to lose 14 to 15 games is unacceptable even if Zac was given a terrible roster. Good coaches coach
their rosters up and the only guys on this team that have been coached up are maybe Hopkins and Brandon Wilson.
Reply/Quote