Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-20-2023, 09:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Clarification. I said you were full of shit for stating that "Some of my best friends are transvestites" in response to me calling out your transphobic hate. I said as much for two reasons. First, it is because of the similarity to the racist white dude saying "some of my best friends are black" in response to being called out for racism. The second reason is because transvestitism is not the same as transgender and is also an outdated term not exactly seen in the greatest of lights by the community, though there are a very small segment that still use the term for men who dress as women, not those that identify as a gender other than their biological sex. If you did, in fact, have some "best friends" that were trans it seems like something you would be familiar with.

You can think whatever you like. But there is your feelings on the matter, and then there is the science of it.

I don't have a Transphobic hate bone in my body. My original post was about the failure of the Bud light Marketing team and that is it. I even included the old Bud light commercials "Real Men of Genius". This was a shot at the marketing executive team that have been replaced.

My comment "Some of my best friends are transvestites" was something I thought you would be clever to figure out in I know that is a phrase a white person saying "some of my best friends are black". That was a tongue and cheek comment something an Archie Bunker would say. I didn't think you needed a  Ninja at the end of that statement, my bad. 

Instead of having an intelligent discussion you went straight towards your bias. Without analyzing my comments you called me full of shit.

I have several views that are different than yours but I would never call you or your views full of shit. 

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
(06-21-2023, 02:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Forgive me for sounding programmed and tainted by the world, but I feel like a modern-day Voltaire could write a book about Leon.

what is this supposed to mean
(06-20-2023, 09:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I must say, this is a very convenient way to just wave this away. It being an “Earthly” punishment. Do you believe that the men who decided on these Earthly punishments had their ideas condoned by God? Or were they actively defying God by killing the woman in this scenario? Remember, this all holy word. Regardless of earthly punishment or not, this is the scripture that we have.

If we want to take away the “Earthly” aspect of it, God directly calls for the death penalty for adultery. As in, God is directly quoted.  No further interpretation needed. Given that this is directly from God, do you accept this punishment as well?

dont you understand covenants. Gods commanding whats right and wrong is unchanging. but like i said before the earthly punishments will change cause of the time and place and for certain folks.. this time and place were talking about was in a covenant with God. the punishments they decided on may seem harsh now but they had to prove themselfs to God and expel the extreme wickedness in that time and place 
(06-21-2023, 02:26 PM)Leon Wrote: what is this supposed to mean

I'd tell you, but I'd hate to taint your soul by programming you with the sort of stuff people might discuss in a college setting. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-21-2023, 02:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd tell you, but I'd hate to taint your soul by programming you with the sort of stuff people might discuss in a college setting. 

God forgive me but i really wish i could have you snooty smartelic types come to my farm and work a full day of back breaking work and then see how superior you feel. not only that but then you would realize you aint always as smart as you think cause you wouldnt have no idea what anything was or what to do, youd realize there are plenty of folks that are plenty smart without going to college or getting everything from books
(06-21-2023, 02:57 PM)Leon Wrote: God forgive me but i really wish i could have you snooty smartelic types come to my farm and work a full day of back breaking work and then see how superior you feel. not only that but then you would realize you aint always as smart as you think cause you wouldnt have no idea what anything was or what to do, youd realize there are plenty of folks that are plenty smart without going to college or getting everything from books

The amount of superiority you project from your perceived humility is what fascinates me.  Not all of us were fortunate to be born on farms and raised to be exactly what you are and believe exactly what you believe.

You say you weren't handed anything and then go on to explain why the very situation you've been born into is the most righteous path of all.  Lordy man, I'm friends with people with GEDs and I'm friends with folks with PhDs.  Your self-satisfaction that you are the only one in here who isn't a smug d-bag is impressive even by internet BS standards.

Oh, and your boy, Mike Pence, is a Doctor of Jurisprudence, by the way.
(06-21-2023, 03:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The amount of superiority you project from your perceived humility is what fascinates me.  Not all of us were fortunate to be born on farms and raised to be exactly what you are and believe exactly what you believe.

You say you weren't handed anything and then go on to explain why the very situation you've been born into is the most righteous path of all.  Lordy man, I'm friends with people with GEDs and I'm friends with folks with PhDs.  Your self-satisfaction that you are the only one in here who isn't a smug d-bag is impressive even by internet BS standards.

Oh, and your boy, Mike Pence, is a Doctor of Jurisprudence, by the way.

mike pence is one of the most down to earth, humble, God fearing politicians youll ever find. hopefuly the conservative voters come to there sense an forget about trump and desantis. 
(06-21-2023, 02:57 PM)Leon Wrote: God forgive me but i really wish i could have you snooty smartelic types come to my farm and work a full day of back breaking work and then see how superior you feel. not only that but then you would realize you aint always as smart as you think cause you wouldnt have no idea what anything was or what to do, youd realize there are plenty of folks that are plenty smart without going to college or getting everything from books

What's really weird is how you look down on anyone who you think is "smart".  Or, at least smart about the wrong things.

My dad worked farms when he was teen and he's one of the most book-smart guys I know.  He'd have preferred to go to college rather than the service but his family couldn't afford it.  He would have liked to have finished college in his 30's after his company was taken over by corporate raiders in the 80;s but Reagan screwed him by changing the GI Bill to "save money".

So instead he read and learned.  Still does.

And he worked hard his entire life too.

He can do electrical, wood work, plumbing, concrete, whatever.  

And he doesn't look down on anyone who isn't as smart at any of that because he's also a decent human being.  

He's a convert to Catholicism and doesn't judge trans people, gay people, any people because he was taught to respect people for what they are.

Anyway...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-21-2023, 03:17 PM)Leon Wrote: mike pence is one of the most down to earth, humble, God fearing politicians youll ever find. hopefuly the conservative voters come to there sense an forget about trump and desantis. 

Pence left the farm and went to college...dude has gone to the dark side.  He should have stayed on the farm, he should have listened to his old man.
(06-21-2023, 03:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pence left the farm and went to college...dude has gone to the dark side.  He should have stayed on the farm, he should have listened to his old man.

you have to to be president. and i never said college is bad. left wing programming colleges are bad. theres plenty of great Christian colleges. you like to say things i never said. 
(06-21-2023, 03:30 PM)Leon Wrote: you have to to be president. and i never said college is bad. left wing programming colleges are bad. theres plenty of great Christian colleges. you like to say things i never said. 

I went to a Christian college, too.  You didn't ask, but hey it's best to just assume everyone is a snooty jerk who is looking down on you, eh?

Anywho, if I were smart I wouldn't post this and I'd just go on with my day and try to forget about all this, but I'm going to keep wasting time and sanity on the internet.
(06-21-2023, 03:25 PM)Leon Wrote: sorry to hear that. i will pray for him

What is wrong with you?

Other than a split personality?

That's what you took from my post?  Now I know this is a fake account.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-21-2023, 03:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I went to a Christian college, too.  You didn't ask, but hey it's best to just assume everyone is a snooty jerk who is looking down on you, eh?

Anywho, if I were smart I wouldn't post this and I'd just go on with my day and try to forget about all this, but I'm going to keep wasting time and sanity on the internet.

so you believe in God and the Word
(06-21-2023, 03:34 PM)Leon Wrote: so you believe in God and the Word

I went to a Catholic school as a kid, a public high school, a Christian college and a Jewish university for grad school.  I've met all sorts of people who work all sorts of jobs and I don't mean this to be a slight but I really don't feel like talking about my views on people or particularly religion with you. 

You have other people in here who are willing to talk religion with you.
(06-21-2023, 03:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: What is wrong with you?

that part stuck out yes. i pray that every person finds the true Word of God and not teachings of folks who changed the word to fit there need to make themselfs Gods on earth
(06-21-2023, 03:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I went to a Catholic school as a kid, a public high school, a Christian college and a Jewish university for grad school.  I've met all sorts of people who work all sorts of jobs and I don't mean this to be a slight but I really don't feel like talking about my views on people or particularly religion with you. 

You have other people in here who are willing to talk religion with you.

its a simple yes or no question. dont really have to talk about it. just one word
(06-21-2023, 02:25 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I don't have a Transphobic hate bone in my body. My original post was about the failure of the Bud light Marketing team and that is it. I even included the old Bud light commercials "Real Men of Genius". This was a shot at the marketing executive team that have been replaced.

I disagree. You have made several transphobic comments in this forum including the insistence on misgender Dylan Mulvaney in this whole exchange. That is derogatory.

(06-21-2023, 02:25 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: My comment "Some of my best friends are transvestites" was something I thought you would be clever to figure out in I know that is a phrase a white person saying "some of my best friends are black". That was a tongue and cheek comment something an Archie Bunker would say. I didn't think you needed a  Ninja at the end of that statement, my bad. 

I know that's how it comes across, which is why I pointed it out as such. You and I have never engaged in such a joking manner in the past so I would not have assumed there was a jovial meaning behind the statement. I thus took it at face value.

(06-21-2023, 02:25 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Instead of having an intelligent discussion you went straight towards your bias. Without analyzing my comments you called me full of shit.

I tend to engage with people on their level.

(06-21-2023, 02:25 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I have several views that are different than yours but I would never call you or your views full of shit. 

I did not say you were full of shit for your views. I have differing views with many people that I don't say are full of shit. However, when someone makes transphobic comments and then makes the "transvestite friends" comment in an apparent attempt to be dismissive of the claims of transphobia, well, then I will call them full of shit. Just like I would a racist trying to say some of their best friends are black.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-20-2023, 07:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Call me when the nfl and Disney and anheiser Busch go broke.  I'll be over here holding my breath. 

The NFL better not go broke!!!   The Bengals finally have hope after decades of hopelessness.

I don't give a f@#$ about Disney and AB.     lol.
(06-21-2023, 03:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I did not say you were full of shit for your views. I have differing views with many people that I don't say are full of shit. However, when someone makes transphobic comments and then makes the "transvestite friends" comment in an apparent attempt to be dismissive of the claims of transphobia, well, then I will call them full of shit. Just like I would a racist trying to say some of their best friends are black.

do you know his heart. are you a mind reader. if not then maybe stop with the suprerior act and admit you dont truly know what he thinks and your twisting his words to fit your narritive cause it makes you feel like your better than him. 
(06-21-2023, 03:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: What is wrong with you?

Some of them pretend churches get a little riled when you bring up the one true church Jesus built. I still haven’t figured out where they got the true word of God from if it wasn’t the Catholic Church.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall