Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's officially over
I've watched Andy Dalton fold up like a pup tent for the last time.

Yeah, yeah, yeah offensive line, I get it. But that doesn't change the fact that AD's pocket awareness is crap. Dalton's ability to maneuver in the pocket and remain any kind of effective is crap. Dalton doesn't know how or just flat won't step up in the pocket. He panics at the first sign he's not gonna have security zone around him and his accuracy goes out the window. Move him off his point and the play is over.

I'm sick of all the excuses. It's time to turn the page.

Somebody holler at me when they put Finley in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep. The OL does in fact suck terribly, but Andy Dalton himself has actually won a game (Jets 2016) where he was sacked 7 times. SEVEN TIMES! So the nonsense about “Tom Brady couldn’t win with this OL” is just that...nonsense. QB’s win all the time with subpar lines. Every opposing QB I watch does a better job of moving around and extending plays. Dalton does NOTHING to help himself. I think he’s done.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:06 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've watched Andy Dalton fold up like a pup tent for the last time.

Yeah, yeah, yeah offensive line, I get it. But that doesn't change the fact that AD's pocket awareness is crap. Dalton's ability to maneuver in the pocket and remain any kind of effective is crap. Dalton doesn't know how or just flat won't step up in the pocket. He panics at the first sign he's not gonna have security zone around him and his accuracy goes out the window. Move him off his point and the play is over.

I'm sick of all the excuses. It's time to turn the page.

Somebody holler at me when they put Finley in.

I am open to trading some vets for draft picks.  Maybe AJ if  he shows that he is healthy, and maybe even Dunlap.  Keep Geno.  I think I have seen enough of Dalton to know what he brings.  It has never been enough.  He is good but not great at anything except quick release.  I think Vikings will be done with Cousins soon.  Maybe Dalton could go there and take them over the top with Zimmer.   Maybe trade Kirkpatrick.

Bengals need two first rounders, two 2nd rounders and 3 third rounders to fix some issues.  I think they need at least 3 new O-Line Players, 2-3 backers, 2 CB, safety, kicker, punter, and DE.  I would consider Geno, Mixon, Boyd, Billings, Bates, and maybe if healthy, Lawson the core group now.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
You need a QB that can maneuver the pocket, and make plays when things break down. We should have had Josh Allen dead to rights several times last week and he managed to escape pressure and make plays. This is a guy in his second year.

The offensive line is trash. That much is abundantly clear. But the line breaking down shouldn't be an automatic death sentence for a play. We are at a point now where if even one defender breaks through, I figure the play is done for.

We need offensive linemen, and we maybe need a quarterback. Both things can be true. It doesn't have to be one or the other. And we need linebackers. And we have to do all of this in the draft alone.

We're ******.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:21 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am open to trading some vets for draft picks.  Maybe AJ if  he shows that he is healthy, and maybe even Dunlap.  Keep Geno. I think I have seen enough of Dalton to know what he brings.  It has never been enough.  He is good but not great at anything except quick release.  I think Vikings will be done with Cousins soon.  Maybe Dalton could go there and take them over the top with Zimmer.   Maybe trade Kirkpatrick.

Bengals need two first rounders, two 2nd rounders and 3 third rounders to fix some issues.  I think they need at least 3 new O-Line Players, 2-3 backers, 2 CB, safety, kicker, punter, and DE.  I would consider Geno, Mixon, Boyd, Billings, Bates, and maybe if healthy, Lawson the core group now.  

That's right

One could go on and on about all the other deficiencies on this team and be correct. But it's time to admit there's one there as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:29 AM)Big Boss Wrote: You need a QB that can maneuver the pocket, and make plays when things break down.  We should have had Josh Allen dead to rights several times last week and he managed to escape pressure and make plays.  This is a guy in his second year.  

The offensive line is trash.  That much is abundantly clear.  But the line breaking down shouldn't be an automatic death sentence for a play.  We are at a point now where if even one defender breaks through, I figure the play is done for.  

We need offensive linemen, and we maybe need a quarterback.  Both things can be true.  It doesn't have to be one or the other.  And we need linebackers.  And we have to do all of this in the draft alone.

We're ******.

Exactly, and it is 9.5 X out of 10
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's right

One could go on and on about all the other deficiencies on this team and be correct. But it's time to admit there's one there as well.

After 8 years of the same results, one would think the organization would make a change.  When Dalton gets under the lights, he narrows his vision.  He is not natural in the pocket.  He makes some good passes sure, but also some passes are behind the WR and he consistently under throws deep routes. I do not think Finley has a strong arm but he appears natural in the pocket.  smooth.  

There are some serious issues with Turner and the O-Line.  They have regressed.  Why did the Bengals let Pollack leave?  Why bring back Hart?  Smith?  How does a first rounder in Price get WORSE?  Hopkins is good at pass-pro but gets zero movement at LOS.  Who knows what Williams brings.  The trenches needs talent, but equally as important, Taylor needs to find his QB of the future.  Dalton is not the QB of the future for this team, that is for certain.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
When I die and go to Hell, I'll be subjected to watching Andy Dalton throw screen passes to the line of scrimmage for all eternity.
Reply/Quote
I missed the 2nd half, did the Red Rifle have any passes batted down?

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I missed the 2nd half, did the Red Rifle have any passes batted down?

No, he compensated by overthrowing everything.
Reply/Quote
To me he looks almost despondent. I can't say I blame him. He's been 100% bunglized at this point in his career and the consistent losing and subpar front office/coaching development of the players around him has got to be exhausting. He's probably riding out the remainder of his contract and taking a prove it deal on a real team in 2021.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:40 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: After 8 years of the same results, one would think the organization would make a change.  When Dalton gets under the lights, he narrows his vision.  He is not natural in the pocket.  He makes some good passes sure, but also some passes are behind the WR and he consistently under throws deep routes. I do not think Finley has a strong arm but he appears natural in the pocket.  smooth.  

There are some serious issues with Turner and the O-Line.  They have regressed.  Why did the Bengals let Pollack leave?  Why bring back Hart?  Smith?  How does a first rounder in Price get WORSE?  Hopkins is good at pass-pro but gets zero movement at LOS.  Who knows what Williams brings.  The trenches needs talent, but equally as important, Taylor needs to find his QB of the future.  Dalton is not the QB of the future for this team, that is for certain.   

Yep

This season is over. At this point it makes no sense to keep running AD out there.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:48 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: To me he looks almost despondent. I can't say I blame him. He's been 100% bunglized at this point in his career and the consistent losing and subpar front office/coaching development of the players around him has got to be exhausting. He's probably riding out the remainder of his contract and taking a prove it deal on a real team in 2021.

No real team would want him.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:21 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am open to trading some vets for draft picks.  Maybe AJ if  he shows that he is healthy, and maybe even Dunlap.  Keep Geno.  I think I have seen enough of Dalton to know what he brings.  It has never been enough.  He is good but not great at anything except quick release.  I think Vikings will be done with Cousins soon.  Maybe Dalton could go there and take them over the top with Zimmer.   Maybe trade Kirkpatrick.

Sadly, the return for our older core players won’t be enough if any of them are even dealt. Mike Brown does love to ride his guys until the wheels completely come off.
Reply/Quote
And while we're blaming Dalton for everything, let's shit can Joe Mixon for his terrible performance this season as well. Right?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No real team would want him.

I disagree.

He is still a 4000 yard ~90 QBR QB if he doesn't have to move.

That's better than what the Jets, Dolphins, Jaguars, Titans, Colts, Broncos, Redskins, Bears, Vikings, Bucs, Cardinals and Panthers (if Cam retires) have right now.

Dalton would get a job after the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I wonder why anyone maintains being a fan of a team when they field this type of trash, the only reason to watch is if Ross will drop or catch a pass. I find it hard to believe Miami is worse than this. Tempted to watch their games on rewind.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I disagree.

He is still a 4000 yard ~90 QBR QB if he doesn't have to move.

That's better than what the Jets, Dolphins, Jaguars, Titans, Colts, Broncos, Redskins, Bears, Vikings, Bucs, Cardinals and Panthers (if Cam retires) have right now.

Dalton would get a job after the Bengals.

He'd for sure get a shot somewhere else.

It might not last but he'd get it.

You've got to think the rest of the NFL knows he's playing for one of, if not the worst, franchise in the league.

Another team would think they could do better with him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:03 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: And while we're blaming Dalton for everything, let's shit can Joe Mixon for his terrible performance this season as well. Right?

He averaged 4.1 yds per carry last night. Hardly where I’d start as far as assigning blame.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He averaged 4.1 yds per carry last night. Hardly where I’d start as far as assigning blame.

That was last night.  Up to this point he hasn't been putting up with those kind of numbers.  And I'm assigning blame where it belongs, the stellar play of our offensive line.  We've had no running game up until last night where he was able to run a little.  I'm am just a little puzzled at why everyone seems to not realize our OL is junk.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote