Poll: Who Wins In The Wild Card
Bengals
Steelers
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Official: Steelers Vs Bengals Wild Card
(01-04-2016, 01:38 AM)GodFather Wrote: I don't think theres one person on this board who wouldn't want to spend this offseason celebrating a great playoff performance. But if the Bengals come out and lay turd number 5 in a row, you can bet you will hear about it for a long time to come and deservingly so.

Outside of this team boat racing every team by 50 and even in that case some on here would piss and moan about marvins clock management or hue's shifts . Face it there is a faction of posters here who love to be miserable.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:56 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Outside of this team boat racing every team by 50 and even in that case some on here would piss and moan about marvins clock management or hue's shifts .  Face it there is a faction of posters here who love to be miserable.

After exorcising a 25 yr playoff drought? Doubtful.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
At least if we lose this one I didn't think there was any way we could've won without Dalton anyway.

With that said my prediction is for PITT to win. That prediction could change if we can somehow get a running attack going and PITT doesn't try to take Eifert out again
Reply/Quote
I spy, with my widdle eye...

A steelers fan creeping in this thread. Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:20 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Shitsburgh Stoolers

26 regular season games- Marvin's are 8-18/ .307 winning %

13 regular season home games- Marvin's are 2-11/ .153 winning %

1 home playoff game- Marvin's are 0-1/ .000 winning %
I see folks posting about "we have beaten them already once this year in Heinz field. they fail to address the PBS record, either for lack of insight or that it doesn't help "emphasize" they're point.
It's funny how you can pretty much tell the fans that have been rooting for the bengals since the 70's and the ones that have rooted since they were born in the 90's. albeit a few go betweens like fredtoast for example as an older extremely optimistic fan.
If you trash talk and actually expect this team to win a playoff game against pittsburgh you simply haven't been watching the bengals. expect less and hope for more, it's really all you can do as a bengal fan anymore. i know it's a defeatist attitude but after all of the bullshit......for so damn long, wtf are you supposed to expect man?
Reply/Quote
No shame in admitting the Steelers is a better team than the Bengals overall.

Knock me all you want but the fear on this board is justified.

I don't see Steeler fans running around with their tail between their legs when they face us.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:49 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Any idea which playoff spot well be fielding?  Sat / Sun. Early / late?

Just hope it's the early game.

Sat 8:15

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:53 PM)Gohards Wrote: 28-24, bengals.

Jeremy Hill Will carry our way to the W. He is starting to gain traction.
The 30+ yard td run was just the beginning.
Noticed we havent seen that type of play all year? He has been getting better since the 2nd half of football started. He was just waiting to bust it out for the playoffs.

Bold prediction: Jeremy Hill has 100+ yards, and 3 TDs

......and 44 looks good on Fisher.  Your prediction may not be as bold as you think.....

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: ......and 44 looks good on Fisher.  Your prediction may not be as bold as you think.....

That Hill TD run was a product of the draft.

Fisher blocked at FB and OgB finished it up in the second level. It's nice to see the draft picks actually pay off on the same play lol
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That Hill TD run was a product of the draft.

Fisher blocked at FB and OgB finished it up in the second level. It's nice to see the draft picks actually pay off on the same play lol

Absolutely, just got to watch the second half and I'm not sure why I see complaints about the lack of s running game.  That's the most effectively we've run the ball all year.  Three rookies all contributing on the line.  Only issue I saw was getting play calls in more quickly.  AJ seems to be waiting for the play, leaving us with littlest time on the play clock, which resulted in a few lost timeouts and a delay of game.  Shore that up and the offense looked capable
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That Hill TD run was a product of the draft.

Yup....was beautiful.  This Fisher at FB may just be what we need to get this running game on track and help out our young QB.

Reply/Quote
AJM isn't ready. The offense is horrible with him on the field. AJM is 16/47 on 3rd down so far (2/7 vs Steelers, 4/14 vs 49ers, 10/17 vs Broncos (1/8 in the second half), and 0/9 vs Ravens). The defense is going to have to bail out the offense in the playoffs. We need to hope that DeAngelo Williams won't play next week.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:49 AM)jeremydc Wrote: No shame in admitting the Steelers is a better team than the Bengals overall.

I don't see Steeler fans running around with their tail between their legs when they face us.

They aren't a better overall team.
The only position they are clearly ahead of us by a significant margin is QB. 

That margin is big enough to change the outcome of the game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:49 AM)jeremydc Wrote: No shame in admitting the Steelers is a better team than the Bengals overall.

But they're not. They just have a much better quarterback situation. Who in that secondary do you take over our guys? What about that defensive line? Offensive line?

Sure, there are things the Steelers have. That receiving corp is near the top. Ben is playing well. But that's ALL that team has. With Williams possibly out, they're depleted even more.

And who cares about Steelers fans. Even if they lose they're going to talk about Super Bowls. Don't wanna talk about recent playoff success. Well. Lack of.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:15 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: But they're not. They just have a much better quarterback situation. Who in that secondary do you take over our guys? What about that defensive line? Offensive line?

Sure, there are things the Steelers have. That receiving corp is near the top. Ben is playing well. But that's ALL that team has. With Williams possibly out, they're depleted even more.

And who cares about Steelers fans. Even if they lose they're going to talk about Super Bowls. Don't wanna talk about recent playoff success. Well. Lack of.

Well the brain trust here probably thinks their OL is better. Outside of Cody Wallace I wouldn't trade any of them
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:18 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Well the brain trust here probably thinks their OL is better. Outside of Cody Wallace I wouldn't trade any of them

Our offensive line is overrated (well probably not anymore), but the Steelers offensive line is crap.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:22 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Our offensive line is overrated (well probably not anymore), but the Steelers offensive line is crap.

Our OL isn't overrated. We have 1 of the best LT. We have one of the best G pairing. We still have a top 10 RT. 
Our center is crap.
Cody Wallace is solid. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:23 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Our OL isn't overrated. We have 1 of the best LT. We have one of the best G pairing. We still have a top 10 RT. 
Our center is crap.
Cody Wallace is solid. 

It's not in to top 10. With Dalton it is, but with any other QB that doesn't get the ball out as fast as Dalton it isn't.
Reply/Quote
It's time to get the monkey off our back and take control. Take away the passing game by covering their star and clamp down on the run game. This team is more than capable,but will they do it? I certainly hope they do and if not then they don't.
Pissing and moaning about it doesn't change a damned thing so the most I can do is to root them on to victory. If they lose then it was 12 sweet wins and a hell of a season I won't soon forget. If they win and go on to the big show so much better. Hell, I might even go fishing during the game for insurance.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:56 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Face it there is a faction of posters here who love to be miserable.

Boy did they pick the right team to back!  Well, I guess the Browns could have been a more punishing selection, but let's call this 2nd place!
Reply/Quote