Poll: Who Wins In The Wild Card
Bengals
Steelers
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Official: Steelers Vs Bengals Wild Card
(01-03-2016, 10:36 PM)drgonzo Wrote: Zimm, who just pulled a fake punt on the first drive.....when was the last time we faked a punt? Just curious. 

A few seasons back.

Direct snap to Peerman for the first down.

I can't recall the opponent, but I do still relish in the moment of the fake FG for the TD against Pittsburgh early in Marvin's tenure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: A few seasons back.

Direct snap to Peerman for the first down.

I can't recall the opponent, but I do still relish in the moment of the fake FG for the TD against Pittsburgh early in Marvin's tenure.

Jax is the only one that comes to mind.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:39 PM)Whacked Wrote: Someone needs to start a poll

Like this one?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I was on board until you said "back pocket". I would change that to "mouth". Come on man. It's a fat chick!

Excellent point, of course. Sick
Reply/Quote
Win or Lose (especially lose).. I think Marvin steps down to let Vance take over as head coach. Hue will be gone and maybe Guenther too. Marvin sticks with the team as a consultant/Pseudo-GM role. Just a feeling I have.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:44 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Win or Lose (especially lose).. I think Marvin steps down to let Vance take over as head coach. Hue will be gone and maybe Guenther too. Marvin sticks with the team as a consultant/Pseudo-GM role. Just a feeling I have.

No way.  If he loses again, he'll have another excuse in not having Dalton.  He has an excuse every year, it just changes.  He has ZERO accountability
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: Please provide 100% conclusive proof that the Steelers do not have this team intimidated, because going by the performances it sure looks like it.

We beat them at Heinz Field didn't we  ? 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals can win this especially with Williams out (no Bell or DW) so their running game should be limited.
The thought of Brown and Wheaton against our secondary terrifies me though.....oh and the fact that Marv is still our head coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:48 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: No way.  If he loses again, he'll have another excuse in not having Dalton.  He has an excuse every year, it just changes.  He has ZERO accountability

I have NEVER heard Marvin make an excuse for the team not winning in the playoffs.

Even in January of 2006 he told the team to shut the hell up about losing Carson, because we had the lead without him and we let them come back in it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:50 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: The Bengals can win this especially with Williams out (no Bell or DW) so their running game should be limited.
The thought of Brown and Wheaton against our secondary terrifies me though.....oh and the fact that Marv is still our head coach.

They don't scare me, but Bryant does.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31 Steelers 27 with AJ to AJ completing at least 2 TD's.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They don't scare me, but Bryant does.

Same and Kirk blowing coverage...

Yikes.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:48 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: No way.  If he loses again, he'll have another excuse in not having Dalton.  He has an excuse every year, it just changes.  He has ZERO accountability

Tru

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:44 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Win or Lose (especially lose).. I think Marvin steps down to let Vance take over as head coach. Hue will be gone and maybe Guenther too. Marvin sticks with the team as a consultant/Pseudo-GM role. Just a feeling I have.

Thing is, why not just hire the guy that is standing next to Marvin rather than let him walk? The guy that got us a great deal for Palmer.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm not exactly Marvin Lewis' biggest fan either -- but I do believe in Hue Jackson, Paul Guenther, and Darrin Simmons.  They have enough combined talent to overcome Marvin's lack of it.

Here's the thing on Marvin -- and I'm going to use an analogy to which, Godfather, you can relate personally.  Remember in the Mario Puzo novel where, during the war among the Five Families, when Santino dismisses Tom Hagen? Santino assessed that Tom, effective as he was, was not a wartime consiglieri.  It is the same with Marvin:  A drafting genius, a regular season guru, but when the playoffs come around he crumples like a HoHo in a fat chick's back pocket.

I agree with you, but the problem is Santino did not dismiss Marvin! It all starts from the top and works its way down. I can just picture Marvin doing nothing but saying, "Do Your Job" and "Finish" like he has every year he's been HC at Cincy, the problem is it didn't work then and won't now. 

Do you think The Corleone's would've survived if Don died after the assassination attempt? He guided Michael and as a result, the family thrived from his wisdom and guidance. The Bengal players lack that with Lewis.
Reply/Quote

Last years playoff loss needed no excuse. The reality is that they were playing with nobody on offense. The team was totally depleted. This year it's your starting QB which just so happened to be having an mvp type season.  These are not excuses, they are realities.  

Now the losses to the Jets in 2001 and  san Diego in 2013 are another story altogether. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They don't scare me, but Bryant does.

They should.  If our guys don't tackle well, as seems to happen often, we will be in trouble.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: Do you think The Corleones would've survived if Don died after the assassination attempt? He guided Michael and as a result, the family thrived from his wisdom and guidance. The Bengal players lack that with Lewis.

No way. Santino was way too hotheaded and he would have waged an all out war on the Five Families, not just Solozzo and Tattaglia.  Michael eliminated them through his intelligence and the mentoring he received from his father Vito.  Interestingly, Marvin Lewis does have success in his growing coaching tree.  Both Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer have their teams in the playoffs in only their second seasons.  Also, players Marvin drafts or signs have been nearly universally successful.  This makes Marvin Lewis a terrific manager but as far as leadership goes, he is lacking.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:58 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Last years playoff loss needed no excuse. The reality is that they were playing with nobody on offense. The team was totally depleted. This year it's your starting QB which just so happened to be having an mvp type season.  These are not excuses, they are realities.  

Now the losses to the Jets in 2001 and  san Diego in 2013 are another story altogether. 

Regardless of whether the QB is out or not, we have a better team. Better RBs, better o-line, weapons are a push, and our defense is worlds better. Plus we're at home.

All those things easily make up for the QB advantage the Steelers have. Honestly Ben was pretty bad against us this year anyway.

Last year I let it slide some. Green, Eifert, MLJ, Andre, Burfict and several others all out, Michael Johnson in Tampa, plus Atkins wasn't himself. We were on the road.

This year's circumstances are wayyy better than last year's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The only time we really choked was vs the Chargers. Last year, we were depleted. And the other times, we were underdogs on the road.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote