Poll: Who Wins In The Wild Card
Bengals
Steelers
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Official: Steelers Vs Bengals Wild Card
(01-03-2016, 10:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well you keep talking recent history, so i just provided you with some negative ones on Steelers.. talking about flat. how the Steelers played the last two games ?? Ben has sucked.. and i think we steam roll them early and at home will hold on and win 

The steelers had a good run of games, but they are cooling off now and we will handle them.
Reply/Quote
Reggie Nelson is like a Death Star tractor beam for the passes thrown by Ben Roethlisblubber. I'm not worried, not even a little.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Even though I understand all the pessimism when it comes to the playoffs, let me try to spread some optimism:

1. At least we drew an opponent that McCarron has played and will have film on.

2. After jumping out to a 7-0 lead early, the Steelers only beat us 26-20 in the last 3 quarters. That's with McCarron fresh off the bench.

3. The Steelers have looked bad the last 2 weeks.

4. DeAngelo Williams is looking like he won't play.

5. Pig Ben has 1 TD to 4 INT's against our defense this year. Antonio Brown has been limited to 134 yards in both games combined.

6. Dalton is optimistic he'll play against the Steelers this week. (Just heard this on SNF pregame!)

Your forgetting one important point. The Marvin Lewis factor. This guy has yet to prepare any of his teams for the playoffs. Do you honestly believe this year he gets it right? I don't, simply because he would've figured it out by now. We will get out coached yet again, and fans will feel disgusted for yet another offseason.*

*Marvin giggles when signing extension 3 months later*
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: correct me if im wrong, we have already beat these mighty mighty Steelers this year and I believe we have only given up one TD to Ben..

I am feeling better and better.. 

Barely, with Dalton, and Big Jen was playing injured and they put Leveon Bell out the game, and barely won.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:28 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Barely, with Dalton, and Big Jen was playing injured and they put Leveon Bell out the game, and barely won.

What's your point? They won.
Reply/Quote
No one cares if it's a close win or a blowout.
Reply/Quote
They have the confidence coming in, because, well why wouldn't they. Even if Williams doesn't play in sure we make a third string RB a star. Couldn't have been a worse weekend for football. If only we could have held on and beat denver. Or taken care of the texans, when we should have.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:28 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Barely, with Dalton, and Big Jen was playing injured and they put Leveon Bell out the game, and barely won.

and with Dalton and Eifert out for most of the game, Steelers won.. not sure you made a very valid point
Reply/Quote
[Image: 674449836_zpswjiyrnhk.gif]
[Image: AntonioBrownKick_zpsf79jcbiv.gif]
[Image: DIRTY-HIT-HARRISON_zpsxvmgwhis.gif]
 photo FlynnLucky_zps0rznloaj.gif
[Image: kevin-huber-hit-hard-by-steelers_zps8ytchacb.gif]
[Image: Manziel-Facemask_zpsmb52ipaj.gif]
 photo W9DyHRy_zpssukhvbgg.gif
 photo miketomlintrip_zps0x5nnbbz.gif

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No one cares if it's a close win or a blowout.

Doesn't matter if the bengals get blown out or lose by a last second field goal. This year we'll be looking at 0-7 wwith marvin when it's all said and done. 

We also did wrong by letting Zimmer go.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:33 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: They have the confidence coming in, because, well why wouldn't they. Even if Williams doesn't play in sure we make a third string RB a star. Couldn't have been a worse weekend for football. If only we could have held on and beat denver. Or taken care of the texans, when we should have.

We have confidence coming in. gong 2-1 with our backup QB... losing to a tough Denver team, as they lost at home to a not good Ravens team...

They just lost their RB, we just got a TE back .... Who Dey Baby ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:34 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Doesn't matter if the bengals get blown out or lose by a last second field goal. This year we'll be looking at 0-7 wwith marvin when it's all said and done. 

Zimm, who just pulled a fake punt on the first drive.....when was the last time we faked a punt? Just curious. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:34 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Doesn't matter if the bengals get blown out or lose by a last second field goal. This year we'll be looking at 0-7 wwith marvin when it's all said and done. 

Better off without him when you look at our record and we just set a defense scoring team scoring record.. Who Dey Baby
Reply/Quote

We didn't let him go.

He left to take a HC position.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:26 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your forgetting one important point. The Marvin Lewis factor. This guy has yet to prepare any of his teams for the playoffs. Do you honestly believe this year he gets it right? I don't, simply because he would've figured it out by now. We will get out coached yet again, and fans will feel disgusted for yet another offseason.*

I'm not exactly Marvin Lewis' biggest fan either -- but I do believe in Hue Jackson, Paul Guenther, and Darrin Simmons.  They have enough combined talent to overcome Marvin's lack of it.

Here's the thing on Marvin -- and I'm going to use an analogy to which, Godfather, you can relate personally.  Remember in the Mario Puzo novel where, during the war among the Five Families, when Santino dismisses Tom Hagen? Santino assessed that Tom, effective as he was, was not a wartime consiglieri.  It is the same with Marvin:  A drafting genius, a regular season guru, but when the playoffs come around he crumples like a HoHo in a fat chick's back pocket.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:36 PM)drgonzo Wrote: Zimm, who just pulled a fake punt on the first drive.....when was the last time we faked a punt? Just curious. 

last year i believe Tampa Bay game
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I don't hate this matchup for us.

I believe that AJ can move the ball against the Pittsburgh defense. They're really not that special. Possibly even shitty. I think he has a chance to shine with some meaningful action under his belt. Compared to KC or the Jets, the Steelers D was the best matchup we could have gotten for McCarron. They aren't nearly as good as the Denver defense he faced or even the underrated Ravens pass defense. They also suck against the TE, and AJ has done well with both Kroft and Eifert.

I also think things may be different with Pacman back on defense. His absence was felt big time in the last game.

I really hope this team learned a lesson last time. They need to control their emotions and focus. They were so amped up last time that it got way out of control. Just focus on sending them home.
Reply/Quote
Someone needs to start a poll
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:26 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your forgetting one important point. The Marvin Lewis factor. This guy has yet to prepare any of his teams for the playoffs. Do you honestly believe this year he gets it right? I don't, simply because he would've figured it out by now. We will get out coached yet again, and fans will feel disgusted for yet another offseason.*

Na, I didn't forget. I was just trying to show reasons to be positive.

Marv's track record gives you the opposite feeling.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm not exactly Marvin Lewis' biggest fan either -- but I do believe in Hue Jackson, Paul Guenther, and Darrin Simmons.  They have enough combined talent to overcome Marvin's lack of it.

Here's the thing on Marvin -- and I'm going to use an analogy to which, Godfather, you can relate personally.  Remember in the Mario Puzo novel where, during the war among the Five Families, when Santino dismisses Tom Hagen? Santino assessed that Tom, effective as he was, was not a wartime consiglieri.  It is the same with Marvin:  A drafting genius, a regular season guru, but when the playoffs come around he crumples like a HoHo in a fat chick's back pocket.

I was on board until you said "back pocket". I would change that to "mouth". Come on man. It's a fat chick!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote