Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup'
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_App ) http://www.thescore.com/news/1279180
Quote:Jeremy Hill is awfully confident about his job security for someone who has generally been on the decline after a strong rookie season.

The Cincinnati Bengals' presumed No. 1 option out of the backfield isn't afraid of his team drafting another running back - like Leonard Fournette, who worked out for the team Wednesday - but he doesn't expect to lose his starting job.

"If they wanna draft the back high, go ahead and do it," Hill told NFL Network on Wednesday. "They're probably going to be my backup."

Hill wouldn't be offended if the Bengals added another backfield option to play alongside himself and Giovani Bernard, as he knows more talent will only improve the team.

"Not at all. That's what the NFL is," Hill said. "I don't think when they drafted me, they said in my contract, they won't draft any more running backs, so I think that's understood, that's part of the business."

Hill, who went to LSU like Fournette, has not been able to recapture the success he had as a rookie, when he averaged 5.2 yards per carry. He hasn't reached his 1,124-yard first-year total in either of the past two seasons, averaging 3.6 and 3.8 yards per carry in 2015 and 2016, respectively.
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
I hope Hill has a great year this upcoming year. I think he can turn it around, especially if the offensive line gets working together.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I mean, it's not surprising if that's the case. Last 1st round pick we had that was a "starter" was Eifert in 2013, but he was Gresham's backup.

Before that was Zeitler in 2012.

Dennard didn't start. Ogbuehi didn't start. WJIII didn't start.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Hill sucks. Hope we draft a RB and he steals the starting job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Hope it lights a fire under his butt.

Something needs to get him going.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Absolutely need better run blocking. And Jeremy needs to stop trying to be LeVeon Bell and go back to being a downhill runner, a 230 lb. downhill runner.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
That's not awfully confident, that's delusional.

Maybe he's trying to say the same thing Whitworth did when they drafted Ogbuehi and Fisher... except Whitworth was coming off a 2nd Team All-Pro season when he said that. Hill is coming off 3.6 and 3.8 YPC seasons. Makes him sound more like Trent Richardson when he was convinced he was going to find a starting job in FA.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 12:06 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope it lights a fire under his butt.

Something needs to get him going.

You would think costing us a playoff win would have done that...

Reply/Quote
Even if the RB comes in and averages 0 YPC, it would be better than this

[Image: hillstrip.gif?w=650]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 12:15 AM)McC Wrote: Absolutely need better run blocking.  And Jeremy needs to stop trying to be LeVeon Bell and go back to being a downhill runner, a 230 lb. downhill runner.

Yup,

I don't think there's any doubt the blocking, (Bodine) has contributed to Hill's problems. And play calling/formations haven't helped either. Hill on a pitch play outside is just not a good idea.

However I also believe A LOT of Hill's lack of production is of his own making ! Somewhere along the line he decided he was a scat back and that's just not his game. And his RB vision has went south bad.

Perhaps with the proper coaching/play calling he can turn it around but I have serious doubts.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 12:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's not awfully confident, that's delusional.

This statement is EXACTLY what I was going to post...exactly.  It actually made me feel a little weird.  

Nonetheless, you are dead on.  If Hill suddenly starts picking up blitzers better than our RB that he outweighs by 25 lbs, suddenly gets the tough yardage to move the chains, and averages over 4.5 YPC over anyone except the Browns, I will buy his jersey.  

My money is safe.  I wish it weren't.  
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 02:29 AM)BigSeph Wrote: Even if the RB comes in and averages 0 YPC, it would be better than this

No ity would not.  That is just ridiculous.  Every RB fumbles from time to time.

Aaron Rodgers lost a playoff game for the Packers by fumbling in overtime.  But for some reason the packers did not immediately cut him.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 12:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's not awfully confident, that's delusional.

(04-13-2017, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This statement is EXACTLY what I was going to post...exactly.  It actually made me feel a little weird.  

I mean the only evidence that he could bust out an 1200 yd, 5.2 avg season is that he has done it before.

Someone would have to be delusional to believe that he could do the same thing he did two years ago, right?  It has to be impossible for him to ever do that again because....er.....uhm.....Well, it is just impossible.  anyone who think differently is delusional.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 09:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I mean the only evidence that he could bust out an 1200 yd, 5.2 avg season is that he has done it before.

Someone would have to be delusional to believe that he could do the same thing he did two years ago, right?  It has to be impossible for him to ever do that again because....er.....uhm.....Well, it is just impossible.  anyone who think differently is delusional.

What line did he have his rookie season?  Yes, delusional.  He is going to suddenly gain 2 ypc with the line and system he sucked in last year.  And way to dodge the comment about picking up blitzes!  Rather important for a so-called starter.  
Reply/Quote
Here's a good question...if Hill has a good year this year (a contract year), should the Bengals try to re-sign him after drafting another RB high? Or just let him walk regardless?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
LOL

Classic Jeremy all bark and no bite. Notice how there wasn't a comment about how hard he's working or anything. Just talk.

Keep on dancing Jeremy maybe someday Dancing With The Nobodies will recognize your true passion is dance and invite you on the show.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 02:29 AM)BigSeph Wrote: Even if the RB comes in and averages 0 YPC, it would be better than this

...And McCarron fumbled away our first round bye against Denver. Couldn't even handle the snap.
Reply/Quote
What do people expect him to say? "Man if we draft a RB in round one, I plan to back him up quietly and cry in my pillow at night"...?

People may not like Hill, but he's a competitor like anyone else. Non-news.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's a good question...if Hill has a good year this year (a contract year), should the Bengals try to re-sign him after drafting another RB high? Or just let him walk regardless?

Tough decision for myself if he has a real good season. 

But believe the Bengals will let him go as opposed to paying him royally. 

Think that will be evident after this years draft. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote