Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow - Wow
(10-25-2020, 08:47 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: He's off to a great start no doubt, and yes we need to upgrade the o-line, but I also think that the D-line needs some help too!! I think the offensive future looks good for us, defense is cloudy for 2021:

TE- Sample- starting to emerge
LT- Williams- basically a rookie
WR- Boyd- Pro Bowl
WR- Higgins- Solid #2 already
QB- Burrow- Solid QB, future pro bowler
RB- Mixon- Pro Bowler
C- Hopkins- Servicable

-I See us definitely having to upgrade:

LG, RG,RT

WR- need to draft Greens replacement 3/4 rd guy

Defense:

RE- Hubbard- steady lunch pail guy
NT- Reader- solid
CB- Waynes- solid if healthy
SS- Bell- serviceable
FS- Bates- cusp of pro bowl
LB- Wilson- starting to emerge
LB- Pratt- servicable

-I see us again having to upgrade some areas of concern

DE- someone has to be able to rush the QB (draft)
DT- Atkins is old, need to draft replacement (draft)
CB- 3 free agents need to replaced ( FA, draft)
Slot Cb- I'd bring back Alexander. (FA)

So for me, reading into the future I would obviously try to trade Dunlop, Price, Ross, w/o a doubt. My draft would maybe look like this in priority needs:

1) DE
2) OG/OT
3) DT
4) OG/OT
5) CB
6) WR
7) TE/ CB

The Hopkins injury made this out of the question.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Do you seriously think the coaches and Front Office will do any of these things?

They’ve done it before. From 2011-2015 we had decent-good OL’s and really good OC’s/DC’s.

Whether that was mostly Marvin’s doing is up for debate.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There are so many positions on this team that blow. But you have to protect Joe first and foremost.

OL, OL, OL then LB/DL/CB

Agreed. We can keep getting scored on but maybe get a few lucky breaks, but if Joe takes many more free rushers, especially in this division, we will have at least another 5 years in the dumps. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There are so many positions on this team that blow. But you have to protect Joe first and foremost.

OL, OL, OL then LB/DL/CB

That’s the simple truth. Burrow is a top talent compared to any of the past 10 years. He is why I don’t care at all about this season so long as he comes out mentally and physically intact.
Be aggressive in FA for all but LT and get depth in draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Bill Walsh coached Young, Montana, Anderson, Cook, and others.

All the way to his death, he stated that Cook was the best of them all.

I think so, great arm, athletic and mobile. Sick when he tore that rotator.
Reply/Quote
They still catch him a play or two a game, but he is seeing the blitz much better.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Pats post Brady suck all of a sudden. All of a sudden BB looks like a bad coach (J/K) Zac sucks with a very good QB, that worries me for Joe's future.

Joe was awesome today, had a couple of bad throws, but overall on the money and proved again he is a winner. Nut, he can't win alone, needs a defense, better OL and entire coaching staff..
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:12 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I think so, great arm, athletic and mobile. Sick when he tore that rotator.

How different the history of this franchise could be if he never got hurt.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I feel bad for Burrow. To be so good, and there is not 1 ***** thing he can do to stop the losing.. I don't see him here past his rookie deal, unfortunately....
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Pats post Brady suck all of a sudden. All of a sudden BB looks like a bad coach (J/K) Zac sucks with a very good QB, that worries me for Joe's future.

Joe was awesome today, had a couple of bad throws, but overall on the money and proved again he is a winner. Nut, he can't win alone, needs a defense, better OL and entire coaching staff..

To be honest, he looked that way before Brady, too.
Reply/Quote
He adds another to his list of rookie achievements / records:

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He adds another to his list of rookie achievements / records:

Herbert keeps coming up just short on all these lol

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Herbert keeps coming up just short on all these lol

I believe Joe is also now tied with Mahomes for most 300 yard games for a QB in their first 7 starts with 5.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I believe Joe is also now tied with Mahomes for most 300 yard games for a QB in their first 7 starts with 5.

I think I’ve heard of that guy...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think I’ve heard of that guy...

He's now also 3rd behind Mahomes and Newton for the most total passing yards through first 7 games. The kid is going to be all over the rookie record books and top rookie lists by the time the season ends.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's now also 3rd behind Mahomes and Newton for the most total passing yards through first 7 games. The kid is going to be all over the rookie record books and top rookie lists by the time the season ends.

All while being hampered with a subpar OL, no running game, and terrible coaching.

Sky is the limit with this kid if we do right by him (I know big IF).

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I believe Joe is also now tied with Mahomes for most 300 yard games for a QB in their first 7 starts with 5.

I believe his current on paces stats are:

4,624 yards
20 TDs
276 rush yards
4 Rushing TDs
11 INTs
66.6% completions
87.4 QB Rating
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's now also 3rd behind Mahomes and Newton for the most total passing yards through first 7 games. The kid is going to be all over the rookie record books and top rookie lists by the time the season ends.
If he survives. We still have to play the Ravens again and the Steelers twice. 
Reply/Quote
Thank God, for Joe Burrow! Without him this year would be completely miserable!

Think about this Joe Burrow has passed for 2,023 yards so far after 7 games. He's currently averaging 289 yards a game against the toughest half of the schedule.

He's on pace for 4,624 yards. But we see Joe Burrow continually getting better and better.

We might actually have a rookie QB that passes legitimately 5,000 yards this year.

If I told you Joe Burrow was gonna pass for 5,000 yards at the beginning of the year, would you believe we would be looking at a top 10 pick next off-season at the near mid-way point of the year?

But to shine some hope, we could legitimately beat the Washington Team, Giants, Cowboys, Texans and Dolphins.

That would put us at 6-9-1. A lot of people would be very happy with that. I'm not saying any win is a sure thing with us right now, but we could seriously win those games.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How different the history of this franchise could be if he never got hurt.

Or if the Old Man hadn't run Bill Walsh out of town for not being "tough".  

Paul Brown deserves all the respect and reverence he gets for his contributions to the game, but that move was a black mark on this franchise.  It stung this team in an almost karmic fashion.  It should never have been called the "West Coast Offense".
Reply/Quote