Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Joe Mixon found not guilty 8/17
Joe Mixon goes back to court on his aggravating menacing charge on Aug 14 which is the Monday after the Packers pre-season game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Make sure you wear white underwear and a white Tshirt Joe... I'm kidding. He's not going to jail.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He'll likely get nothing of note from it, but still a bad look for the NFL. Just in case the NFL gives Joe a few games of suspension, I sincerely home that Chase Brown is ready to hit the ground running..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 08:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He'll likely get nothing of note from it, but still a bad look for the NFL. Just in case the NFL gives Joe a few games of suspension, I sincerely home that Chase Brown is ready to hit the ground running..

There’s no video I’ve been told. His word against hers
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Thought those were dropped

I don’t keep up with off the field stuff that close anymore…didn’t they come out and say he was never actually the one involved?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 08:54 PM)Housh Wrote: Thought those were dropped

I don’t keep up with off the field stuff that close anymore…didn’t they come out and say he was never actually the one involved?

Same
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

(06-30-2023, 08:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Same

I believe they were dropped with the agreement they could be re-opened after further investigation found anything of merit. The whole thing is shady
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The charges were initially dropped because protocol wasn't followed in the first investigation before charges were brought. They specified that charges could be brought again after the investigation was given to different investigators. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

I thought they had found out that he was nowhere near it even happened.

Like you though....... I haven't been keeping up with it. It doesn't really matter to me. 

If he comes back and runs his ass off without the tiptoeing he had been doing, then I'll happily take him back. Otherwise, I think Brown could be special, so I hope he's ready to step in.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 10:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This seems like quite a slanderous thing to say unless you have direct proof. I've read that the charges were refiled because additional evidence was discovered, not because the alleged victim is "pissed because she didn't get money". 

You are probably right I’ll delete it. It’s hearsay
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 10:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This seems like quite a slanderous thing to say unless you have direct proof. I've read that the charges were refiled because additional evidence was discovered, not because the alleged victim is "pissed because she didn't get money". 

My curious mind wants to ask what could’ve possibly come out?

Either he was the one with the gun or making threats or he wasn’t.
I’d find it hard to believe they are circling the block to secure a weak charge like menacing. You don’t re file charges for menacing. That’d be weak
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Yeah pretty grubby thing to say. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 08:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Same

(07-01-2023, 11:39 AM)wanga Wrote: Yeah pretty grubby thing to say. 

And I deleted it as it’s hearsay

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 11:19 AM)Housh Wrote: My curious mind wants to ask what could’ve possibly come out?

Either he was the one with the gun or making threats or he wasn’t.
I’d find it hard to believe they are circling the block to secure a weak charge like menacing. You don’t re file charges for menacing. That’d be weak

There's a thread around here somewhere that goes into detail about it. 

As I recall: The detective who first filed the charges was experienced and felt he had enough evidence to do so. Then they were dismissed because he didn't follow the protocol of charging a "big deal". Later they either got additional evidence or felt the original was enough.

Guilty or not; I hope it's resolved on the scheduled court date. 

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 12:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a thread around here somewhere that goes into detail about it. 

As I recall: The detective who first filed the charges was experienced and felt he had enough evidence to do so. Then they were dismissed because he didn't follow the protocol of charging a "big deal". Later they either got additional evidence or felt the original was enough.

Guilty or not; I hope it's resolved on the scheduled court date. 

Yeah, you guys went into it a lot. Stupid kids is what it kind of boiled down to.

BTW, just saw an article today about us re-structuring Mixon's contract which is great news for everyone that is a Bengals fan
and not Joe Mixon lol

Take the pay cut and at least give some effort in protecting the other Joe dude. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 11:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought they had found out that he was nowhere near it even happened.

(07-01-2023, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, you guys went into it a lot. Stupid kids is what it kind of boiled down to.
You guys might be confusing Mixon's 2 off-field incidents this year. This one is about the accused Road Rage incident. 

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 02:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You guys might be confusing Mixon's 2 off-field incidents this year. This one is about the accused Road Rage incident. 

Oh, lol

Forgot about that one ha ha

Just cut him already and bring in Dalvin Cook or Zeke for cheap is still my vote, at least they can pass protect.

Zeke also doesn't have off field issues.

But it seems we are going to do a re-structure of Mixon's contract from what I heard today which is the other best way to handle it IMO.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh, lol

Forgot about that one ha ha

Just cut him already and bring in Dalvin Cook or Zeke for cheap is still my vote, at least they can pass protect.

Zeke also doesn't have off field issues.

But it seems we are going to do a re-structure of Mixon's contract from what I heard today which is the other best way to handle it IMO.

While Iv been looking at Burrows highlights I’m indirectly seeing a lot Mixon’s pass protection and i am appalled. I was listening when everyone said all year he was bad but some of these plays where Burrow is sacked immediately are just pure shit on Mixon’s part. So much so that i don’t really want him in on obvious pass downs. One play against Baltimore dude was to Burrows right and Ravens had literally 5 dudes all to the right of Hopkins. 3/5 dudes were lined up fairly even with Hopkins, Adeniji and Prince. The last 2/5 guys were lined up outside of Prince. So the right side is basically 4 vs 5. At snap Mixon for some reason takes the outter most guy and inexplicably let the guy who was the shortest distance from Burrow be the free rusher. That isn’t something a coach should have to tell you imo. That’s obvious. It’s 4 vs 5 so you know there will be a free rusher. Why you’d allow the inside guy to be the free rusher and not the guy furthest from Burrow I’ll never know. But i saw shit like that ALOT. Wasn’t just Mixon either
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 01:15 AM)Housh Wrote: While Iv been looking at Burrows highlights I’m indirectly seeing a lot Mixon’s pass protection and i am appalled. I was listening when everyone said all year he was bad but some of these plays where Burrow is sacked immediately are just pure shit on Mixon’s part. So much so that i don’t really want him in on obvious pass downs. One play against Baltimore dude was to Burrows right and Ravens had literally 5 dudes all to the right of Hopkins. 3/5 dudes were lined up fairly even with Hopkins, Adeniji and Prince. The last 2/5 guys were lined up outside of Prince. So the right side is basically 4 vs 5. At snap Mixon for some reason takes the outter most guy and inexplicably let the guy who was the shortest distance from Burrow be the free rusher. That isn’t something a coach should have to tell you imo. That’s obvious. It’s 4 vs 5 so you know there will be a free rusher. Why you’d allow the inside guy to be the free rusher and not the guy furthest from Burrow I’ll never know. But i saw shit like that ALOT. Wasn’t just Mixon either

Yeah, I wanted us to draft Mixon in the first place and thought he would have a breakout year last year, but he truly let me down 
and the perfect word for what I saw from his pass protection of our main commodity in Joe Burrow was APPALLING lol

Our team revolves around Joe Burrow and if you don't even try to protect the guy it is just that, appalling.

Not going to defend Joe Mixon for anything after this. I have been a pro Mixon guy for years, no more.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 01:15 AM)Housh Wrote: While Iv been looking at Burrows highlights I’m indirectly seeing a lot Mixon’s pass protection and i am appalled. I was listening when everyone said all year he was bad but some of these plays where Burrow is sacked immediately are just pure shit on Mixon’s part. So much so that i don’t really want him in on obvious pass downs. One play against Baltimore dude was to Burrows right and Ravens had literally 5 dudes all to the right of Hopkins. 3/5 dudes were lined up fairly even with Hopkins, Adeniji and Prince. The last 2/5 guys were lined up outside of Prince. So the right side is basically 4 vs 5. At snap Mixon for some reason takes the outter most guy and inexplicably let the guy who was the shortest distance from Burrow be the free rusher. That isn’t something a coach should have to tell you imo. That’s obvious. It’s 4 vs 5 so you know there will be a free rusher. Why you’d allow the inside guy to be the free rusher and not the guy furthest from Burrow I’ll never know. But i saw shit like that ALOT. Wasn’t just Mixon either

I'd like to ask someone in the organization (or at least that's near the organization and has info) about why we would keep Mixon, even at a reduced rate, when we could have Zeke.

I don't really care if he is as explosive of a threat running the ball as they once were because, yes, even as Joe said to Joe in game the one time, teams can't beat us when we run the ball well, but you know when teams also can't beat us? When we protect Joe because he picks defenses apart.

Dalvin's not a good pass protector either, so I'd have to pass on him but might be better than Mixon.

Zeke is a hell of a pass protector and that might be his best asset right now. People are already talking about how they're going to miss that aspect of his game in Dallas.

Have Chase Brown be our early down back and have Zeke come in on passing downs to block and catch the ball out of the backfield. Also bring in Zeke for short yardage to pound a few home. Seems too perfect to ignore.

They both make about the same and I think Zeke would even take a pay cut to extend his career here and chase a ring. Sign him for three years, with the third year being a team option, at 7 or 8 per and that still leaves him in the top ten of running back contracts while being guaranteed a good shot at a ring.
Reply/Quote