Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon is a Bengal
The Bengals trade down in the 2nd Round passing on Dalvin Cook to pick up an extra 4th Round pick and select Joe Mixon.

On-field Mixon has been compared to LeVeon Bell and David Johnson. Quite lofty comparisons.

It's a big gamble on the character issues though.

Cook would have been just as big of a gamble.

Mixon is probably a better pass catcher than both Fournette and Cook and had a lot of explosive plays in Oklahoma.
Reply/Quote
Love it!

Reply/Quote
**** this team
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't **** up this opportunity. That's all I have to say.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Steal of the draft
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's an extremely high-risk/high-reward pick. I would have probably selected Cook myself...but Mixon is definitely a huge talent.

We could have snagged 2 Pro Bowl players in the 1st 2 Rounds...or they could be injured and/or suspended.

Very risky. Hopefully it doesn't backfire like the Pollock/Thurman/Henry draft.
Reply/Quote
Well pretty sharp move by the Bengals they picked it up their fourth round still got one of the two running back that they probably would have picked anyway you got to give him credit
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well pretty sharp move by the Bengals they picked it up their fourth round still got one of the two running back that they probably would have picked anyway you got to give him credit

Yeah...I was like how did the Bengals know he wouldn't get selected by someone else...then I Googled it and saw that a lot of teams took Mixon totally off of their draft boards.

We may have been able to get him in the 3rd Round due to that.

Who knows?

We're going to be considered a thug team indefinitely now.
Reply/Quote
Not real happy with the Joe Mixon pick. I don't like what he did or being associated with it. Bengals fans are already being abused on other message boards because of this. But that is beside the point. The act itself is a horror. He broke bones in her face and is now getting paid millions. It is just wrong.

I honestly feel nausea right now at the thought of it.

Reply/Quote
This is how we roll.

High risk/reward.

So be it.
Reply/Quote
No problem with ths pick at all.  Mixon's trouble happened a couple of years ago and he has proven he can stay straight.  I don't really see him as a big risk at all.

Fantastic value pick by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Yeah...and they showed the video...right on ESPN. She gave him a light shove and he hit her as hard as he could.

There's no explaining that what he did was wrong. No excuses.

Plain and simple he made a major mistake.
Reply/Quote
I'm down with the Joe Mixon pick simply because it has and will make the board more entertaining.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No problem with ths pick at all.  Mixon's trouble happened a couple of years ago and he has proven he can stay straight.  I don't really see him as a big risk at all.

Fantastic value pick by the Bengals.

Yeah...he learned from it by getting into a heated altercation with a parking lot attendant in 2016 for which he was suspended for a game at Oklahoma.

http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/documents-detail-altercation-between-ous-joe-mixon-and-parking-attendant/
Reply/Quote
My church has always taught me to forgive others like I'd like forgiveness. Mixon made a mistake like everyone does at some point in their life. He now has a second chance and hope we will see the Ezekiel Effect for the Bengals. The video keeps being shown which is the press stirring up trouble.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
This was already stated as Mike Brown's decision. Just like Mike Brown openly stood behind Adam Jones. If you want anyone to be mad at, you know who to blame.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If someone, even a practice squad guy breaks this guys jaw in a training camp fight, Karma will be real. Still a Bengals fan, but I despise this pick. It will take Mixon years, if ever, to change the perception of him. The Bengals deserve all the he11 they'r catching for drafting him, and then deserve some more.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
And here's how some of the fans feel...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:51 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm down with the Joe Mixon pick simply because it has and will make the board more entertaining.

Isn't it great when domestic violence provides us with entertainment.  Give me a break.
Reply/Quote
Watch his highlights and just try to keep from touching yourself with joy:

Reply/Quote