Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon is a Bengal
(04-28-2017, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...he learned from it by getting into a heated altercation with a parking lot attendant in 2016 for which he was suspended for a game at Oklahoma.

http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/documents-detail-altercation-between-ous-joe-mixon-and-parking-attendant/

Not really concerned about some one tearing up a ticket.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:59 PM)matmaven Wrote: Isn't it great when domestic violence provides us with entertainment.  Give me a break.

Right because that's an accurate portrayl of what just occurred.  Mellow

Save the drama for your mama.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:55 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: My church has always taught me to forgive others like I'd like forgiveness. Mixon made a mistake like everyone does at some point in their life. He now has a second chance and hope we will see the Ezekiel Effect for the Bengals. The video keeps being shown which is the press stirring up trouble.

Yeah you get second chances...but if he has another similar incident the NFL won't be so kind.

Ray Rice hit his wife and was basically blacklisted from the NFL.

Mixon was suspended in 2016 too for getting into a heated altercation with a parking attendant...so it's more than a 2nd chance. This is chance 3+.
http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/documents-detail-altercation-between-ous-joe-mixon-and-parking-attendant/
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really concerned about some one tearing up a ticket.

Bob Stoops must have been as he got suspended for a game.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:55 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: My church has always taught me to forgive others like I'd like forgiveness. Mixon made a mistake like everyone does at some point in their life. He now has a second chance and hope we will see the Ezekiel Effect for the Bengals. The video keeps being shown which is the press stirring up trouble.

If she had, say, cracked her skull on the ground and died he'd probably be in jail right now. And you could forgive him or not, but we still should hold people accountable for their actions. 

As for the video, are you saying you think we should try and make society less aware of violence? Because people are already pretty oblivious to the fact that this sort of stuff happens. Blaming the press for something Mixon did is messed up. 

You say you go to church? We got a great football player and all it cost us was our soul. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, piss. As in so many other things in life right now, I'll just resolve to make the best of this (and its minor compared to most of the other crap going on). Still...piss.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:59 PM)matmaven Wrote: Isn't it great when domestic violence provides us with entertainment.  Give me a break.

Clearly someone doesn't understand what domestic means.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Should let Katie speak at the presser.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals trade down in the 2nd Round passing on Dalvin Cook to pick up an extra 4th Round pick and select Joe Mixon.

On-field Mixon has been compared to LeVeon Bell and David Johnson. Quite lofty comparisons.

It's a big gamble on the character issues though.

Cook would have been just as big of a gamble.

Mixon is probably a better pass catcher than both Fournette and Cook and had a lot of explosive plays in Oklahoma.

I like the pick.  He's got another chance.  If he screws up that chance, then it's all over for him. But I prefer to believe he's learned from his mistake 3 years ago, appreciates that he's got a life changing opportunity, and will work hard for this team.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:01 PM)Beaker Wrote: Watch his highlights and just try to keep from touching yourself with joy:

On most of those runs...the hole is so large that he doesn't get touched for 10 yards. That won't be the case here.
Reply/Quote
There's no denying his ability. I'm willing to wait and see on the man.

Interesting that a lot of people against him feel they are taking the high road when the real high road is forgiveness.

But hey, he's just gonna be Jeremy's backup, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really concerned about some one tearing up a ticket.

Very few people actually pay the parking tickets on campus.   One of my bosses was on a campus for work related reasons, and got a parking ticket.  He asked them what would happen if he didn't pay it, and they said he wouldn't get his transcripts.  He's not a student.  He laughed and tore it up in front of them.   Plus I don't know of any college campuses that actually have adequate parking.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:05 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: If she had, say, cracked her skull on the ground and died he'd probably be in jail right now. And you could forgive him or not, but we still should hold people accountable for their actions. 

As for the video, are you saying you think we should try and make society less aware of violence? Because people are already pretty oblivious to the fact that this sort of stuff happens. Blaming the press for something Mixon did is messed up. 

You say you go to church? We got a great football player and all it cost us was our soul. 

I agree there are consequences for our actions and he was suspended. So why not drop it unless you (like the press) enjoy dragging people through the mud constantly. I bet you've done something you regret and how would you like for me to post it constantly so the public keeps getting reminded? 
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Smells of desperation. Old time Bengals move.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:12 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I agree there are consequences for our actions and he was suspended. So why not drop it unless you (like the press) enjoy dragging people through the mud constantly. I bet you've done something you regret and how would you like for me to post it constantly so the public keeps getting reminded? 

Well...a lot of teams did drop him totally off of their boards...so NFL teams don't just drop things either.

The bottom line is these guys could do anything and if they are a Bengal...a certain percentage of fans would be ok with it.

If the Steelers drafted him...people would be all over it.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:11 PM)McC Wrote: There's no denying his ability.  I'm willing to wait and see on the man.

Interesting that a lot of people against him feel they are taking the high road when the real high road is forgiveness.

But hey, he's just gonna be Jeremy's backup, right?

Exellente! But a word of caution. Just because you can beat a girl in college does not mean you can beat the Steelers in the NFL. Am I right?
Reply/Quote
Lots of td's gonna be scored in Cincinnati this year ladies and gents! Lots!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...a lot of teams did drop him totally off of their boards...so NFL teams don't just drop things either.

The bottom line is these guys could do anything and if they are a Bengal...a certain percentage of fans would be ok with it.

If the Steelers drafted him...people would be all over it.

That's pretty typical with any pro sports franchise.
Reply/Quote
There's just not enough players on this team that hit women.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:42 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Love it!

Me too, in the end the guy is a great RB and is exactly what we needed.

People can cry about it all they want but i am not going to say this guy is a terrible human being cause of one thing he did as a
teenager that was incredibly pathetic. Everyone deserves a second chance and he has been a good man since unlike Cook who
has had multiple shit going on. Did i like Cook better before i heard all this stuff about him? Yes. But after i have heard even more
i don't think Mixon is going to slug a woman again.

Cook has done what he has done time after time and bottomline, Mixon has better vision and hands. Love the pick.

Go ahead and lambast me. Mellow
Reply/Quote