Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe mixon
He received a first round grade but with the deposition starting at end of January and all the drama with it some people are saying he may go undrafted. He legitimately seems sorry and this was 3 years ago no incidents since then. If he falls to a comp pick do we roll the dice? I think we do he is electric
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 06:54 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He received a first round grade but with the deposition starting at end of January and all the drama with it some people are saying he may go undrafted. He legitimately seems sorry and this was 3 years ago no incidents since then. If he falls to a comp pick do we roll the dice? I think we do he is electric

I don't want to mess with him. I hope he has truly turned his life around and makes the most of his opportunities, I just hope we aren't the team that gives him the opportunity. No need to go back to the team full of rejects and character issues we had 10 years ago. There are what? 300-400 other players available to select from? Let's find 11 (or however many picks we end up with) that are as high character as they are skilled. Let other teams have the headaches. 

It truly is more enjoyable to root for the team when it's full of standup guys like Dalton, Green, Whit, Peko, etc. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 09:08 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don't want to mess with him. I hope he has truly turned his life around and makes the most of his opportunities, I just hope we aren't the team that gives him the opportunity. No need to go back to the team full of rejects and character issues we had 10 years ago. There are what? 300-400 other players available to select from? Let's find 11 (or however many picks we end up with) that are as high character as they are skilled. Let other teams have the headaches. 

It truly is more enjoyable to root for the team when it's full of standup guys like Dalton, Green, Whit, Peko, etc. 

while I agree with that my whole point is if you can get a first round talent for a  4th or 5th round comp pick and you believe he really has turned his life around you should do it. Bc on the field he is electric. And we can cut hill or trade him at that point. And if he messes up again cut him all u lost was a comp pick. But I think reward FAR outweighs the risk.
Reply/Quote
I watched the video and I don't have that big of a problem with what happened. The woman was attacking him first and he defended himself. Not the way I would deal with the situation, but what I saw does not make him some kind of serial woman beater like he's being made out. This is just based off the one video, if it comes out that this has happened more than once or it happens again, then I'll change my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 11:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I watched the video and I don't have that big of a problem with what happened. The woman was attacking him first and he defended himself. Not the way I would deal with the situation, but what I saw does not make him some kind of serial woman beater like he's being made out. This is just based off the one video, if it comes out that this has happened more than once or it happens again, then I'll change my opinion.

video always worse this happened 3 and a half years ago no outrage then like it is now 
Reply/Quote
Pass....we already have too many headcases to risk another one.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He's not a headache. He's been a very good player and teammate since the incident.

IF he's there in the 4th round, I'd take him. I don't even see him as a risk - he's just damaged goods due to an incident that happened a few years ago.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/ejLsE8vz7g4

https://youtu.be/xPRI_P4QJ6g

please watch both videos in full before making ur opinions. take away the hitting the girl thing that happened back when Obama was getting elected for his second term. where would you draft him? to me late first early second. but bc of this fight you can get him WAY later?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 03:23 AM)Jpoore Wrote: https://youtu.be/ejLsE8vz7g4    

https://youtu.be/xPRI_P4QJ6g

please watch both videos in full before making ur opinions. take away the hitting the girl thing that happened back when Obama was getting elected for his second term. where would you draft him? to me late first early second. but bc of this fight you can get him WAY later?

I think that was around the time Pacman smacked that chick too. Musta been a full moon. Ninja  It's never ok to hit a woman.  In college....I took a rolling pin to the neck....and a Jack Daniels bottle to the head.  Neither time did I strike back.  I simply removed myself from the situation.  I was living with the rolling pin psycho.  I moved that night.  Pass.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 01:47 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He's not a headache.  He's been a very good player and teammate since the incident.

IF he's there in the 4th round, I'd take him.  I don't even see him as a risk - he's just damaged goods due to an incident that happened a few years ago.

Cam Newton hasn't done anything since stealing a laptop and taking bribes....including diving on fumbles in fourth quarters of Super Bowls and pouting at pressers. Your true character usually comes through eventually.  It might not be off the field....but when push comes to shove......

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one fellas.  No harm...no foul.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think that was around the time Pacman smacked that chick too. Musta been a full moon. Ninja  It's never ok to hit a woman.  In college....I took a rolling pin to the neck....and a Jack Daniels bottle to the head.  Neither time did I strike back.  I simply removed myself from the situation.  I was living with the rolling pin psycho.  I moved that night.  Pass.
while it's never okay people Really focusing on this now why not three years ago? And I'm looking at just his on fuel production he's a big back making a lot of one handed catches.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: while it's never okay people Really focusing on this now why not three years ago? And I'm looking at just his on fuel production he's a big back making a lot of one handed catches.

Wasn't it kinda swept under the rug by OU?  In any event...I totally get where you're coming from...but if it were up to me....I'd pass.  If for nothing else....than the reasons I alluded to about Cam.  Burfict is another good example.  I love the guy....and he's a beast.  Not once has he ever had a problem off the field.  That said....he does us no good suspended.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: Wasn't it kinda swept under the rug by OU?  In any event...I totally get where you're coming from...but if it were up to me....I'd pass.  If for nothing else....than the reasons I alluded to about Cam.  Burfict is another good example.  I love the guy....and he's a beast.  Not once has he ever had a problem off the field.  That said....he does us no good suspended.

Totally get where ur coming from as well but in the 3 years since no issues. Also he's a first round talent and would replace hill easily and can catch. Dude had a monster games against elite defenses. If you can get him for a late comp pick what's the risk? He messes up u cut him and all u lost was a late round comp pick. But the upside is he turns into a legit top 10 NFL back that can bulldoze people but has better hands than any of our runnjng backs. I'm. I'm not saying to take him high but some people are saying he may go undrafted its worth taking a late flier on if you think he's actually changed which I do. If he messes up again I would cut him. I don't think he will.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:37 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I think that was around the time Pacman smacked that chick too. Musta been a full moon. Ninja  It's never ok to hit a woman.  In college....I took a rolling pin to the neck....and a Jack Daniels bottle to the head.  Neither time did I strike back.  I simply removed myself from the situation.  I was living with the rolling pin psycho.  I moved that night.  Pass.

You always did strike me as the type of guy that likes his women ornery. A lady in the streets but a freak in the sheets. Lol!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: while it's never okay people Really focusing on this now why not three years ago? And I'm looking at just his on fuel production he's a big back making a lot of one handed catches.

The video was sealed until December 16th after a court order was over turned. There is a reaction now because people are seeing the video for the first time. Same as the reaction after people saw the Ray Rice video for the first time. 

I wouldn't draft him in any round. 

Reply/Quote
http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/documents-detail-altercation-between-ous-joe-mixon-and-parking-attendant/

Apparently, the dumbass didn't learn his lesson the first time. Only a matter of time before his does something else stupid. Again.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 11:06 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The video was sealed until December 16th after a court order was over turned. There is a reaction now because people are seeing the video for the first time. Same as the reaction after people saw the Ray Rice video for the first time. 

I wouldn't draft him in any round. 

I agree, he's undraftable.  Kind of a shame that he got the privilege of having that video sealed for so long.  I'm sure that plenty of other athletes could have benefitted from the scholarship that he occupied.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 06:54 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He received a first round grade but with the deposition starting at end of January and all the drama with it some people are saying he may go undrafted. He legitimately seems sorry and this was 3 years ago no incidents since then. If he falls to a comp pick do we roll the dice? I think we do he is electric

No never.  
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 11:19 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, he's undraftable.  Kind of a shame that he got the privilege of having that video sealed for so long.  I'm sure that plenty of other athletes could have benefitted from the scholarship that he occupied.

He made a mistake.hasnt made one since.these guys get paid to play football .i dont care what he did in college alot of people do stupid stuff in college because they are still kids.If he had prior run in like this besides the video it would be diffrent..anyone remember jeremy hill video???? I wouldnt wanna use a premium pick on mixon but a comp pick would be fine.There are players on this roster who have done way worse.....
Reply/Quote
Hell no! This clown has shown a total lack of discipline, character, and judgement on several occasions. Does he seem like a guy who can be counted on? Let someone else draft this knucklehead.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote