Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe mixon
(02-13-2017, 02:41 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: Can't decide if this is sarcasm or not.. stupid internet. 

I'm cool with using a compensatory pick on him like someone earlier was talking about. I'm all for second chances for anyone, but I completely understand why a lot of teams don't want to take chances of guys who have done some really stupid stuff. 

This is the NFL, though. You're trying to build a championship winning team. With players like Vontaze and Pacman we will never have a clean image. I don't think our organization cares about how they are perceived. If you have talent you will be given a chance by us. 

It was and it wasn't haha

Say what you want about Burfict on the field, the guy has never been an issue off the field. I am okay with those kind of guys over the ones who may end up in jail.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 04:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: It was and it wasn't haha

Say what you want about Burfict on the field, the guy has never been an issue off the field. I am okay with those kind of guys over the ones who may end up in jail.

ha i hear ya. I like Burfict lol I was just pointing out that we will never have a clean image with him on our team. 
Reply/Quote
Why does Mixon look like Zeke Elliot when he runs?
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 06:59 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm not saying spend a 1st or second on him but what are we risking. A comp pick? For that it's worth it. And he was a young kid at the time. There are mistakes everyone makes as a young kid/adult. Some are worse than others sure. 

OK this is wrong.  No everyone doesn't beat their girlfriend when they are young.  To equate domestic abuse with anything but domestic abuse is dishonest.  What criminal act is too much for you?  Where do you draw the line.  Apparently punching is OK how about date rape?  Murder?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 06:28 PM)bengalbiff Wrote: OK this is wrong.  No everyone doesn't beat their girlfriend when they are young.  To equate domestic abuse with anything but domestic abuse is dishonest.  What criminal act is too much for you?  Where do you draw the line.  Apparently punching is OK how about date rape?  Murder?

That's why I said some are worse than others. And I'm sorry if a woman U don't know is hitting u in the heat of a moment, it's a reflex thing. I never said I approve I don't. But from a pure FOOTBALL standpoint I would take him in the second, he'll if we trade down the first. He's right up there with cook and fournette as top rb in this class. But we can get him in the 4th or 5th. Idc what a player does off the field if it doesn't affect them on the field. U think the chiefs fans are thinking about what tyreek hill did to his girlfriend? No all they care about are his on field production.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 06:28 PM)bengalbiff Wrote: OK this is wrong.  No everyone doesn't beat their girlfriend when they are young.  To equate domestic abuse with anything but domestic abuse is dishonest.  What criminal act is too much for you?  Where do you draw the line.  Apparently punching is OK how about date rape?  Murder?

Some mistakes ARE worse than others.  There are also guys that never seem to learn their lesson.

I really feel that Mixon has learned his lesson.  I've never been a one strike and you're out guy - especially when you are dealing with kids.  IF he checks out, I have no problem adding him to the team in the 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks compare him to David Johnson. Boy that is some lofty praise.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 03:42 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks compare him to David Johnson. Boy that is some lofty praise.

He is a Le'veon clone to me.

If he is there when we pick in round 3 I'd take him. He is that good. I watched the video. The girl got in his face twice and touched him before he did anything. At one point it even appears he was about to walk away. 
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 03:54 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: He is a Le'veon clone to me.

If he is there when we pick in round 3 I'd take him. He is that good. I watched the video. The girl got in his face twice and touched him before he did anything. At one point it even appears he was about to walk away. 

there are at least 10-12 teams that don't even have him on their boards. I would take him in the third if 4th easy. To have him and gio in the field would be imo a more dynamic running back tandem of Coleman and Freeman. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:20 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That's why I said some are worse than others. And I'm sorry if a woman U don't know is hitting u in the heat of a moment, it's a reflex thing. I never said I approve I don't. But  from a pure FOOTBALL standpoint I would take him in the second, he'll if we trade down the first.  He's right up there with cook and fournette as top rb in this class. But we can get him in the 4th or 5th. Idc what a player does off the field if it doesn't affect them on the field. U think the chiefs fans are thinking about what tyreek hill did to his girlfriend? No all they care about are his on field production.

And that's part of the problem.  People make excuses and these kids never learn.  What does it say to future players if Nixon is drafted?  Don't worry about blasting a girl in the face nothing will happen.  Football is entertainment so sorry if I put the well being of actual people ahead of a stupid game.   
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 06:50 AM)bengalbiff Wrote: And that's part of the problem.  People make excuses and these kids never learn.  What does it say to future players if Nixon is drafted?  Don't worry about blasting a girl in the face nothing will happen.  Football is entertainment so sorry if I put the well being of actual people ahead of a stupid game.   

Well, Nixon has already tumbled from a 1st round pick who's rookie contract could set him up for life to a late round flier making a fraction of that.  That's deterrent enough for most.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 06:50 AM)bengalbiff Wrote: And that's part of the problem.  People make excuses and these kids never learn.  What does it say to future players if Nixon is drafted?  Don't worry about blasting a girl in the face nothing will happen.  Football is entertainment so sorry if I put the well being of actual people ahead of a stupid game.   

Nothing will happen? He lost millions! He went from being a first round pick to being a 5th rounder or udfa.
Reply/Quote