Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross
Not giving up on the kid, but I'm starting to wonder if he is ever going to get it. Quitting on plays is not what a good NFL receiver does. Might be time to move Malone ahead of him for awhile.....
Reply/Quote
Time for him to look at a career in track and field. Cashed his first round selection check and called it a day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Malone and Ross have been a disappointment after what i saw in the preseason. Malone a less expensive one.
Reply/Quote
Ross' crapfulness this season is only surprising if you still believe it is someone else's fault he did nothing positive in 2017.
Reply/Quote
Dalton had 4 picks today. The last hail mary doesn't count but I put 2 on John Ross and the other on Malone.

Ross has no business being on the field. Must be a Mike Brown call because Marvin saw this last year. With AJ Green possibly injured for sometime, any thoughts on Dez Bryant? I think he'd be a huge upgrade from John Ross.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
The rule used to be WRs didnt get it til year 3. Im not giving up on ross yet.

But shit. Come on man. Get your head out of your ass
Reply/Quote
Last week I was saying we all need to take a deep breath and give him a chance.

This may have been it. If he wants to give up then let him and put someone hungry in.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:28 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Dalton had 4 picks today.  The last hail mary doesn't count but I put 2 on John Ross and the other on Malone.  

Ross has no business being on the field.  Must be a Mike Brown call because Marvin saw this last year.  With AJ Green possibly injured for sometime, any thoughts on Dez Bryant?  I think he'd be a huge upgrade from John Ross.

We have a little slot wr who knows how to get open quick which would align well with daltons quick release and a giant wr with a huge catch radius who can be useful. With 7 wrs on the roster im not ready for all that dez bryant bullshit
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately we may need his speed to open up the field if for nothing else. We need a deep threat
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:28 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Dalton had 4 picks today.  The last hail mary doesn't count but I put 2 on John Ross and the other on Malone.  

Ross has no business being on the field.  Must be a Mike Brown call because Marvin saw this last year.  With AJ Green possibly injured for sometime, any thoughts on Dez Bryant?  I think he'd be a huge upgrade from John Ross.

Sandy has thrown 98 career INTS and according to most fans, zero have been his fault.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:35 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Unfortunately we may need his speed to open up the field if for nothing else.  We need a deep threat

What kind of threat is a guy who either drops it or helps the other team get the INT?
Reply/Quote
Ross needs to be on a practice field somewhere with a trainer feeding footballs into a machine that throws.
10 balls at 5 yards
10 balls at 10 yards
10 balls at 15 yards
10 balls at 20 yards
10 balls at 25 yards
30 yards
35 yards
40 yards
If he drops one, he starts all over from 5 yards until he catches every one.

Once he completes this little task, Andy Dalton and John Ross get together and a coach calls 10 different routes and Dalton throws him the ball. If he drops one, call in the backup to throw the balls because Dalton isn't the one who needs the work.

Once he completes those, you get Dalton, Ross and WJIII to run routes until he wins 10 throws against WJIII.

Now it's time to move on to the offensive and defensive lines and get these guys playing to their potential.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The rule used to be WRs didnt get it til year 3. Im not giving up on ross yet.

But shit. Come on man. Get your head out of your ass

But we both know that is nonsense.  

Calvin Ridley went off again today for atlanta.  Ross was a top 10 pick partly because he was meant to be an immediate contributor. Good players can contribute quickly irrespective of position.

The Ross debate is getting dangerously close to Ogbuehi territory now - i.e we will be in year 3 still arguing about why its not happening and it will turn around the next game/season....
Reply/Quote
I've seen all I needed to from Ross especially today. He caused two INTs and just played like garbage. Even the pro Carolina announcers were screaming about his bad play and why was he on the field.

Speed matters ONLY if you can actually play the NFL wide receiver position correctly. Ross is possibly the worst technical receiver I have seen in a LONG time.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: I've seen all I needed to from Ross especially today. He caused two INTs and just played like garbage. Even the pro Carolina announcers were screaming about his bad play and why was he on the field.

Speed matters ONLY if you can actually play the NFL wide receiver position correctly. Ross is possibly the worst technical receiver I have seen in a LONG time.

The chance of him turning the ball over is just....it's just beyond amazing.
Reply/Quote
Either Ross will never "develop" or HOUZ sabotaged him. Muahaha
Reply/Quote
Looking like a wasted pick, but it's not like the guy drafted right after him could have helped. Or the guy drafted right after the guy drafted right after Ross, either.
Reply/Quote
On a positive note, at least Tyler Boyd is developing into a true No. 2 receiver while Ross' career is going up in flames right before our eyes.
Reply/Quote
I wish I could go back to 2017 when so many people were furious Ross was on the bench and tell them that 3 games into 2018 we were done with Ross. Wacky.
Reply/Quote
He wasn't worth a top 10 pick but I think people need to relax a bit on him. This is what his 3rd start in his career give the kid a bit of a break.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote