Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross Haters
(09-09-2019, 03:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What's the criteria for extended period of time? He was available for 13 games last year.

If anyone should have started such a thread it should have been you or Nate. No offense to Luvinit, but I just don’t remember him being a big Ross supporter the last few years like you two have been.

I’ve defended him a lot after all the TDs last season, myself. Yesterday makes me feel a lot better about doing so. There is absolutely still hope for the kid. Not only to merely avoid being a bust, but to actually be something special, and live up to where we drafted him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If anyone should have started such a thread it should have been you or Nate. No offense to Luvinit, but I just don’t remember him being a big Ross supporter the last few years like you two have been.

I’ve defended him a lot after all the TDs last season, myself. Yesterday makes me feel a lot better about doing so. There is absolutely still hope for the kid. Not only to merely avoid being a bust, but to actually be something special, and live up to where we drafted him.

I figured someone else would after yesterday haha.

Here's something worth posting too to give visibility.
Joe Goodberry posted a visual of all of the routes Ross ran yesterday.
The non-greyed out ones are the ones Ross caught passes.
You can see that Ross actually ran a wide variety of routes and was successful in more than just one or two.
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1171005100443258880
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: For real? Some people's kids..... Rolleyes 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-09-2019, 03:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I guess if playing like ass gets you leading the NFL in passing yards in week 1 including breaking records with a 106.5 QB rating. I want some more ass please !  Shocked

oops, can I say that on here ?

And yet none of the talking heads are even mentioning him.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Time to step up and say you were wrong. If you ignored his 7 TD's in 2018 and ignored he was hurt a rookie and jumped to the conclusion John Ross was a bust, then time to take your medicine and eat crow.

Bust in the NFL don;t go for 158 yards and 2 TD's in one game.

Seriously, I have said all along, don't be too quick to judge, root for his success and not his demise. He made our offense look potentially dangerous and it was fun to watch.

My hope is we can get a healthy Green, Boyd and Ross on the field sooner than later. We on't be Patriot good (man they look Bush and Steelers defense look bad (no AB yet) last night. Bush was getting beat all over the field, his tackles were 8 to 10 yards down field, tough night for the rookie LB on their defense.

But, I digressed.

Eat crow baby.

Been holding the torch for Ross for awhile and it hasn't been easy. He shown why yesterday. Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:30 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I've never bashed Jon, loved the pick, but when he dropped the first passes, I was like damn! He stepped up big time yesterday. Even when they had 3 and 20 or something like that at the end, he caught the ball and managed to evade a few defenders when it looked like he wasn't going to get nothing.

Ross has the ability to make Defenders look ridiculously stupid. Rare talent, dude is slippery as motor oil.
Reply/Quote
This is a good sign.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Ross is lucky he delivered yesterday, I was ready to throw trash on his lawn.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What's the criteria for extended period of time? He was available for 13 games last year.

I have set no criteria, but if I can see more than a half season’s worth of a healthy Ross looking like a real professional football player I might be inclined to believe that he is something more than what I thought he was.

Game one - Good start, hope he keeps it going.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've always rooted for his success, just as I do any Bengals player. But you can't act like his performance over his time here has not been sketchy, including his drops last night.

This...

Let's pump the brakes. The guys had one good game in his career. None of us hated him. We may have wanted someone else, but shit... He's a Bengal; may as well pull for the guy. I'm glad he went off yesterday. Now do it again.

Nobody needs to eat any crow, and let's not act like he's even been half decent til now. Always injured, poor catch percentage, and less than 400 yrds receiving in 2 plus seasons. He got a big chunk of them yesterday.

I do think the people that were his most vocal defenders can maybe start stretching and warming up for their victory lap though.

Do it again John Ross.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
we may have best 3 receiver tandem in the league when AJ returns. ill take the Pepsi challenge against anybody including AB Gordon and Edelman. AJ Boyd Ross is quite a tandem if Ross keeps playing like this
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 07:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we may have best 3 receiver tandem in the league when AJ returns. ill take the Pepsi challenge against anybody including AB Gordon and Edelman. AJ Boyd Ross is quite a tandem if Ross keeps playing like this

You might be right but as you say, JRIII must keep it up and better yet, progress from yesterday. I swear I seen him give up on a route early in the game, but I was drinking and it hasn't been mentioned on here today. Of course, they don't show that on highlight film, but if he did, it will be on locker room film and they will address it. He really had no way to go but up this year, but man, yesterdays performance was skyrocket up.

Reply/Quote
One good game in 3 years means the jury is still out on this guy.I hope he tears it up this year.We’ll see how consistent he is and if he can stay healthy.Time will tell.Then we’ll hand him the praise that he will deserve.Wish him the best.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Time to step up and say you were wrong. If you ignored his 7 TD's in 2018 and ignored he was hurt a rookie and jumped to the conclusion John Ross was a bust, then time to take your medicine and eat crow.

Bust in the NFL don;t go for 158 yards and 2 TD's in one game.

Seriously, I have said all along, don't be too quick to judge, root for his success and not his demise. He made our offense look potentially dangerous and it was fun to watch.

My hope is we can get a healthy Green, Boyd and Ross on the field sooner than later. We on't be Patriot good (man they look Bush and Steelers defense look bad (no AB yet) last night. Bush was getting beat all over the field, his tackles were 8 to 10 yards down field, tough night for the rookie LB on their defense.

But, I digressed.

Eat crow baby.

I ate crow already for giving up on Ross, but since this is the official crow thread, let the record stand that I was wrong, and happy to be wrong.
Reply/Quote
I wasn’t a fan of the Ross pick at the time and I’m not yet a fan of it yet. I’m not ready to eat crow and I don’t believe that there’s people on here who hate Ross. Ross is capable of huge plays where he scores long touchdowns and he’s probably gonna have several balls go through his hands or bounce off of him for interceptions. He’s inconsistent and injury prone. I very well could be wrong about him and I hope that I am because that’s good for the Bengals. If he can prove to be somewhat consistent and stay somewhat healthy then yes we were wrong. He’s not at that stage yet!
Reply/Quote
love to admit that i was if i was wrong. he had a good game but also 3 drops. i think he can work through those though if HE STAYS HEALTHY. anyones skepticism and hate towards ross's play up to this point was completely warranted. anyones impatience with him is completely credible. everyone in here is bengal fans but what di u expect everybody to just spew sunshine and rainbows 24/7 depsite failure. ross has been a bust up to this point but hey he had 1 great game. lets crown him lol. i hope this is a sign of things to come but even still we need to remain hopfull not crown him and say everybody was wrong after one game lmao
Reply/Quote
I'm sure I'll be listed as a hater for pointing this out, but the fact that we are eating crow when Ross finally has a great game 33 games into his NFL career makes me wonder just how high of a bar his most ardent supporters are setting for him.

Hey, I'm glad he does stuff. As I've pointed out I used to live in Chicago and have a lot of Bears fan friends and they spent 3 years saying that next week was going to be the week Kevin White finally breaks out and makes the doubters look stupid. Then he was cut by the Bears and it was "Just you wait, he's going to go off in Arizona!" he didn't even make the team. Oy, so it goes.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure I'll be listed as a hater for pointing this out, but the fact that we are eating crow when Ross finally has a great game 33 games into his NFL career makes me wonder just how high of a bar his most ardent supporters are setting for him.

Hey, I'm glad he does stuff. As I've pointed out I used to live in Chicago and have a lot of Bears fan friends and they spent 3 years saying that next week was going to be the week Kevin White finally breaks out and makes the doubters look stupid. Then he was cut by the Bears and it was "Just you wait, he's going to go off in Arizona!" he didn't even make the team. Oy, so it goes.

He hasn’t played in 33 games. Started in 12, played in 17.

Reply/Quote
Isn't one game finally in a 9th overall pick's third season a bit early to be calling for crow to be eaten?

Even with 158 yards, he's now at 368 yards in a possible 33 games since he was drafted. Lets hold off on trying to rub it into people's faces until it continues to be replicated.

Geno Smith has had a perfect passer rating game before (20-25, 358yds, 3 TD). Didn't mean people needed to eat crow when they didn't believe in him as a starting QB. Almost like just doing it once or twice isn't enough to be a good player.

Thread seems a little hasty.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I was wrong, I was so sure that Mixon would have a great game today that I....wait, what's this thread about?  It's hard to keep track of all the things I was wrong about.

It's about that stupid damn idiom of 'eating crow'. Man, i hate that saying almost as much as i hate the word 'hope' and how much it's thrown about around here...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did I say that in the OP?

I said anyone calling for him to be cut, called him trash or labeled him a bust should eat crow. If you did that, the  yep you should eat crow. If you objectively criticized and hoped he would get better, thread was not targeted for you or others with those views.

Just the true haters, those who said cut him, those who personally attacked him and labeled him a bust.

It was obvious he was struggling with injury and tement years one and 2, that did make him a bust so early, but many felt the need to label him as such. They should fess up.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote