Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross is a Bengal
I'm not happy with the pick personally but what do you guys think?

I really hate the pick to be honest, but I'm hoping I'm wrong in the long run.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Well i wanted Allen but he continues to slide.. and DE is a deep draft compared to WR.. plus we have lacked speed and better in scoring defense then we are in offense scoring so starts to make sense.. im actually happy the Bengals went outside of the box.. we argue that they don;t do these types of picks.... so i give them credit
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well i wanted Allen but he continues to slide.. and DE is a deep draft compared to WR.. plus we have lacked speed and better in scoring defense then we are in offense scoring so starts to make sense.. im actually happy the Bengals went outside of the box.. we argue that they don;t do these types of picks.... so i give them credit

Outside the box is right....

All I have to say is Boooooo!!!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'd be happier with this pick if the Bengals were able to trade down and still grab him. But since the top wide receivers were going off the board I can understand the Bengals not wanting a repeat of last year.

He'll make our offense scary good if he can stay healthy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Allen still sliding
Reply/Quote
He won't start next year. Hell, when he was picked they immediately tarted talking about him being delayed or on PUP.

This is essentially a 2-4 year down the road pick. Which would be fine if we didn't need DL starters now. IE, they should've drafted DL/DE already to replace the waste of time that has been Margus Hunt, Clarke, Billings, etc.

And, hey, who was Tyler Board? Tyres Bard? Ah, who cares?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:06 PM)jason Wrote: Outside the box is right....

All I have to say is Boooooo!!!!!!

Why is a a Booo?  outside of the box to me is not a reach type pick.. just doing something i did not expect with their draft history.. we totally lack in speed and scoring on offense.. and lets admit it.. two players that many has us taking Foster and Allen are still on the board at middle way through.. so i guess they would have been reach picks too
Reply/Quote
Would've liked someone like Jonathan Allen or Derek Barnett...

But...John Ross provides a new dimension to the offense, teams have to worry about his speed, A.J. Green, Tyler Eifert, and whoever our RB is..

This confuses the depth chart in my opinion...

I don't know what to do with Brandon LaFell now.. Does Ross become the #2 immediately or is he the #4?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Don't like the pick but maybe he'll get healthy. Wanted Foster badly or even Hooker or OJ Howard.
Reply/Quote
As I said in another thread, the run on WR started. It was either 9 or never if we wanted one of the top 3. I think that is why Bills traded out so quickly. If the coaches though WR was our biggest need then we took the last of the top tier rather than settling like last year.

Side note: I have been totally against Ross at 9, but even I am okay with it. The way this draft is shaking out we will get a really nice pick at 41.
Reply/Quote
Have fun with your #2 CB trying to cover Ross.

A top 10 pick needs to be special. Fastest ever qualifies.

A Desean Jackson/Antonio Brown hybrid.

Just being on the field gives everyone else on our O more room to operate.
Reply/Quote
He will be a good player but Allen will be a superstar.  He will get between 800-900 yards this year and will be a 900-1000 5 to 10 TD player after that. Not bad at all but you win with pass rush and interior lineman are harder to fine.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Worst Bengals 1st round pick in the last decade. At least.

He will rarely be on the field. Bengals won't pick up 5th year option. All due to injuries.

Dalton won't have time to throw to him with one of the NFL's worst O-lines.

Dalton ALREADY underthrows A.J. Green, he won't be able to utilize Ross.

Bad pick.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like another 1st round pick who won't do a damn thing
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile the Patriots will win another Superbowl with free agent wrs
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:21 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Sounds like another 1st round pick who won't do a damn thing

AJ Green was our last good 1st round pick.

That's amazing.
Reply/Quote
What a Stupid pick.....***** Bengals !!
Reply/Quote
who is faster Ross or the Reds Billy Hamilton? I'd pay to see that race

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Why is a a Booo?  outside of the box to me is not a reach type pick.. just doing something i did not expect with their draft history.. we totally lack in speed and scoring on offense.. and lets admit it.. two players that many has us taking Foster and Allen are still on the board at middle way through.. so i guess they would have been reach picks too

I can't lie. I want offense in this draft. I think they could have safely traded back, and got Ross if they wanted him so bad. I guess it's an ok pick if he can stay healthy, but he's little.... My size little. He may not be ready this year, and that was a top ten pick. I really liked Corey Davis,. He was gone. OJ Howard is the real deal too... Still available. I wanna be wrong, but I think we as fans will curse this pick in a few years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:23 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Meanwhile the Patriots will win another Superbowl with free agent wrs

When you have the best QB in the sport....ever....you can do that.
Reply/Quote