Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 08:31 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Here you go! :andy: 

[Image: andre-smith_crop_exact.jpg?w=320&h=213&q=75]

Reminds me of this:

[Image: 7wGq.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 03:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Some things never change.

This is why until Tobin is gone, not much will improve with this team and their "Model, Model".

More reason why we need more than 1 scout.

No harm bringing him in for start of training camp.  With the #1 draft pick tackle out for season, it does call for adding somebody for Left and Right Tackle.  The guy from Bills should man Left if he stays healthy. Right however is in question.  This team MUST Run Block.  The passing, the defense, the entire games depend on Bengals getting better at Run Blocking, which will help Pass Blocking.  If you can't run, the defenses tee off on your pass plays.  Smith once was good at Right Tackle Run Blocking.  It does no harm to have him in at start of camp.  If he can still line up and Run Block the right side, THAT is what we need.   It does no harm to start camp with him. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 06:46 AM)kevin Wrote: No harm bringing him in for start of training camp.  With the #1 draft pick tackle out for season, it does call for adding somebody for Left and Right Tackle.  The guy from Bills should man Left if he stays healthy. Right however is in question.  This team MUST Run Block.  The passing, the defense, the entire games depend on Bengals getting better at Run Blocking, which will help Pass Blocking.  If you can't run, the defenses tee off on your pass plays.  Smith once was good at Right Tackle Run Blocking.  It does no harm to have him in at start of camp.  If he can still line up and Run Block the right side, THAT is what we need.   It does no harm to start camp with him. 

Lol. You said no harm 3 times trying to defend this hilarious move
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 07:03 AM)TopSix Wrote: Lol. You said no harm 3 times  trying to defend this hilarious move

That's right.   If he makes the team, fine. If he doesn't make the team, no harm done.  Getting him into camp for the start is a good move.   I've noticed one thing about Bengals tackles on roster and there are no big huge blockers to put on the right side.  I have no idea if Smith still has any game or not, but if he does, would you like to try to go up against him on a power run block.  The childish jokes about this aside, if he can still play, he could help spring Mixon outside right or inside between guard and tackle.   

You seem to forget the #1 draft pick is out for the year, which is not hilarious at all.  Especially to Dalton and Mixon who could get killed with no blocking.  Bringing in Smith to try to help is worth a try.  He may get cut. However, if he ends up blocking Bengals to wins, people will stop laughing. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 07:28 AM)kevin Wrote: That's right.   If he makes the team, fine. If he doesn't make the team, no harm done.  Getting him into camp for the start is a good move.   I've noticed one thing about Bengals tackles on roster and there are no big huge blockers to put on the right side.  I have no idea if Smith still has any game or not, but if he does, would you like to try to go up against him on a power run block.  The childish jokes about this aside, if he can still play, he could help spring Mixon outside right or inside between guard and tackle.   

You seem to forget the #1 draft pick is out for the year, which is not hilarious at all.  Especially to Dalton and Mixon who could get killed with no blocking.  Bringing in Smith to try to help is worth a try.  He may get cut. However, if he ends up blocking Bengals to wins, people will stop laughing. 

If he could still play at an adequate level, another nfl franchise that is competent and not a laughingstock bottom feeder, like the bengals, would have signed him.

It’s like you think they have some magic free agent portal that only gives them repeat access to Andre smith.

There’s a reason why the biggest joke franchise in sports is the only team who wants him
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 07:39 AM)TopSix Wrote: If he could still play at an adequate level, another nfl franchise that is competent and not a laughingstock bottom feeder, like the bengals, would have signed him.

It’s like you think they have some magic free agent portal that only gives them repeat access to Andre smith.

There’s a reason why the biggest joke franchise in sports is the only team who wants him

Oh, good.  A  new troll in town.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 08:34 AM)McC Wrote: Oh, good.  A  new troll in town.

When you can’t reply with any substance always just call the poster a troll

Sad you can’t refute the reality
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 08:40 AM)TopSix Wrote: When you can’t reply with any substance always just call the poster a troll

Okay I will refute your "reality".....

You are wrong.

Until you post some kind of facts to back up your troll squealings that is all I have to do.

Have a nice day.
Reply/Quote
Not going to complain about a depth signing.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 07:39 AM)TopSix Wrote: If he could still play at an adequate level, another nfl franchise that is competent and not a laughingstock bottom feeder (Your opinion), like the bengals, would have signed him.

It’s like you think they have some magic free agent portal that only gives them repeat access to Andre smith. (Opinion)

There’s a reason why the biggest joke franchise in sports is the only team who wants him (Opinion)

Maybe if you backed up your opinions with facts others would not see you as a troll.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Not going to complain outright. There is a whiff of familiar decay in the air, some memory of free agencies botched, the past laziness. We still need more tackle depth, still need to keep searching when the cut downs occur. Yet another piece of this particular off season puzzle I'll be watching with interest...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 07:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've got no problems with bringing Andre Smith in for depth.  He's always been a pretty good run blocker, and at least average on Pass. Pro.  Is he who we want to roll out there at either starting Tackle position on opening day?  Likely not, but he's got a ton of experience, and can handle himself if we need him.  However, the gross overreaction by some members is comical to read.

Beat me to it, the annual TC Eve sky is falling rants...... I would say there is a good chance Smith isn't even on the team come wk #1. But hey, lets lose our minds....
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 09:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol half of you need to sit down and shut up.

And I thought people had their panties in a bunch when a local Amber Alert went off this morning (Twitter blew up to death).

So many more important things in life and for this team, then signing someone as a bench player for depth and to fill the void for TC.

Well said! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 08:40 AM)TopSix Wrote: When you can’t reply with any substance always just call the poster a troll

What is reality in sports anyway? Every year can be different, but to some fans, like yourself, you just like to wallow in misery and cry when the team doesn't follow your prescription..... Get over yourself.
Reply/Quote

Right, because you're the first who ever said it.  You'll just be one more on a fixed loop.   Just make sure you say the same ol' shit in every single post in every single thread and you'll fit right in.  Oh and, that's the basic definition of troll.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 03:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Smith would have been out of the league 3 years ago if it wasn't for the Bengals.

Smith was starting for the Cardinals last year.

If you want your little rants to have any credibility you have to stop just making up shit and acting like it is true.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 07:28 AM)kevin Wrote: That's right.   If he makes the team, fine. If he doesn't make the team, no harm done.  Getting him into camp for the start is a good move.   I've noticed one thing about Bengals tackles on roster and there are no big huge blockers to put on the right side.  I have no idea if Smith still has any game or not, but if he does, would you like to try to go up against him on a power run block.  The childish jokes about this aside, if he can still play, he could help spring Mixon outside right or inside between guard and tackle.   

I would probably prefer someone like Penn or Parnell over Andre Smith, but I'd rather have an aged Andre Smith over Kent Perkins, Keaton Sutherland, or O'Shea Dugas. Even with Andre Smith, the Bengals still need another OT, so keep a lookout for camp cuts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 03:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Some things never change.

This is why until Tobin is gone, not much will improve with this team and their "Model, Model".

More reason why we need more than 1 scout.

Tobin? This has Brown family written all over it. "Who could we get now without spending much?" is probably they question they sat around and asked each other. Then one of them remembered they'd been here before and Andre's name popped out of their memory.

This isn't going to change until everyone infected by Mike Brown is gone.

Reply/Quote
I'm a little more okay about this. Depth is desperately needed at the position and Andre Smith has at times played adequate football. He has a coach that will get in his face for sure. A little motivation could go a long way for a guy with the physical talents he has. If not we can cut him and move on.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote