Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Just come on, catch me. Try to catch me"
This is what Cody Core said to WJ3 as he blew by him and scored during the Rookie Camp.

This is the kind of player that is slowly transforming the Bengals from a team known for their talented roster to a playoff contender.   In addition to getting behind our # 1 pick - with swag, James Urban noted that he blocks "Like it's supposed to be done".  The coaches were VERY impressed by his blocking.

So now our team is sporting some very competitive profiles:  Adam Jones, Vontez Burfict, Shawn Williams, Andrew Billings, Tyler Boyd and Cody Core - in addition to the quietly competitive play of Whit, Dunlap, Atkins, Kirkpatrick and Iloka.  I like the changing of our team persona.

This guy may rivaling Billings as the steal of our 2016 draft.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/22689/laquon-treadwell-bengals-cody-core-nfl-draft-yes-scouting-helped 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 11:14 AM)3wt Wrote: This is what Cody Core said to WJ3 as he blew by him and scored during the Rookie Camp.

This is the kind of player that is slowly transforming the Bengals from a team known for their talented roster to a playoff contender.   In addition to getting behind our # 1 pick - with swag, James Urban noted that he blocks "Like it's supposed to be done".  The coaches were VERY impressed by his blocking.

So now our team is sporting some very competitive profiles:  Adam Jones, Vontez Burfict, Shawn Williams, Andrew Billings, Tyler Boyd and Cody Core - in addition to the quietly competitive play of Whit, Dunlap, Atkins, Kirkpatrick and Iloka.  I like the changing of our team persona.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/22689/laquon-treadwell-bengals-cody-core-nfl-draft-yes-scouting-helped 

Don't forget the new found swagger our QB displayed last season, which was a welcome change. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Maybe the Steelers conned us and WJ3 just stinks Ninja
Reply/Quote
Bengals have been pretty good at finding good talent, with late round WR picks. Housh, Marvin Jones, now Cody Core has a chance to continue that late round legacy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 11:14 AM)3wt Wrote: This is what Cody Core said to WJ3 as he blew by him and scored during the Rookie Camp.

I said when we first picked him that we're lucky because the only reason that he was so overlooked was because of Treadwell.  People obviously aren't going to notice him much when he's lined up on the same field as a guy like Treadwell, but this is another instance of our coaches being our scouts paying off for us (I know they're not technically our scouts, but they do a lot of the work and give the scouts names of guys they like.

I'm loving the pick  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 11:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I said when we first picked him that we're lucky because the only reason that he was so overlooked was because of Treadwell.  People obviously aren't going to notice him much when he's lined up on the same field as a guy like Treadwell, but this is another instance of our coaches being our scouts paying off for us (I know they're not technically our scouts, but they do a lot of the work and give the scouts names of guys they like.

which one?
Reply/Quote

Loving everything i am hearing about Core. Didn't know much about him before the draft. I remember watching
Treadwell on that team once and i kind of remembered the other guy. Now i remember and the coaches saw it
when they watched Treadwell.

Who is that other receiver?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 11:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: Don't forget the new found swagger our QB displayed last season, which was a welcome change. ThumbsUp

Amen.  And the swagger wasn't just in his mouth but in his play.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 11:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I said when we first picked him that we're lucky because the only reason that he was so overlooked was because of Treadwell.  People obviously aren't going to notice him much when he's lined up on the same field as a guy like Treadwell, but this is another instance of our coaches being our scouts paying off for us (I know they're not technically our scouts, but they do a lot of the work and give the scouts names of guys they like.

Yeah, I was totally disappointed we did not go with Mike Thomas out of So Miss.   But with all I'm hearing I'm coming around on this guy.  Sounds like he got the "good guy" attitude the Bengals seek and the edge that we need to have to play against AFC North and playoff teams.   I'm pretty psyched.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 12:56 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah, I was totally disappointed we did not go with Mike Thomas out of So Miss.   But with all I'm hearing I'm coming around on this guy.  Sounds like he got the "good guy" attitude the Bengals seek and the edge that we need to have to play against AFC North and playoff teams.   I'm pretty psyched.

I wanted Mike Thomas or Listenbee at the time but Core seems to have been a great pick the more i hear.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 11:24 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bengals have been pretty good at finding good talent, with late round WR picks.  Housh, Marvin Jones, now Cody Core has a chance to continue that late round legacy.

Combine that with  a competitive and talented 2nd round receiver who "humbly" rates his own blocking at an "8" and we may end up edging the players we just lost.   I mean Jones has the edge on these guys just in terms of his proven performance, but I love what these two bring to the table.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 12:52 PM)3wt Wrote: Amen.  And the swagger wasn't just in his mouth but in his play.

Yes.....the confidence displayed was nice to see, the play even more so.  I hope he continue on that trajectory.  I think it has helped tremendously that a lot of these guys you mentioned in your OP have come up together, and have been able to largely stay together.  Now for that elusive playoff win......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wanted Mike Thomas or Listenbee at the time but Core seems to have been a great pick the more i hear.

I love physical and confident receivers.  We'll need these types of guys going against the AFC North - particularly against Mitchell, Shazier and their minions...
Reply/Quote
I have more hope for Cody Core than I've ever had with James Wright. Hope the kid sticks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 11:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: which one?
ALL OF THEM, but I meant Core  ThumbsUp

It's amazing that we've actually become a model for good drafting.  Even if I'm initially like "what the ****" on a pick, now I can look into it and be like "wow.......  that'a a great pick!"
(05-13-2016, 02:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I have more hope for Cody Core than I've ever had with James Wright. Hope the kid sticks.

I think he'll do more than just stick and be a contributor.
Reply/Quote
If he can produce what sanu did we won't miss a beat. I think tyler boyd is going to be a steal in the fact that he was the 6th receiver taken
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 03:39 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: If he can produce what sanu did we won't miss a beat. I think tyler boyd is going to be a steal in the fact that he was the 6th receiver taken

just trying to think of how many opportunities he will get with Green Eifert Lafell and Boyd Kroft Gio all probly ahead of him on targets.

But at elast get him in a few snaps a game to change the pace a bit and give a guy a breather...

and we cant forget about burkhead who im hoping gets more involved this year.
Reply/Quote
Hmm, not sure how excited I can be about a 6th round WR blowing by and berating our 1st round pick, but meh...we shall see! Lord knows we can't have a Bengals off-season without anointing some late-round WR as THE difference maker for the upcoming year! Ninja
Reply/Quote
I have a strange feeling, that the Bengal passing attack could be even better than last year. A couple of the "pickers" have rated the Bengals as unlikely to repeat as Division Champs, due to losses of starting WRs (Jones and Sanu). However, they may have been forgetting the weapons that we still retained; Guys like AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Giovanni Bernard, Burkhead (yes, he's valuable in the passing game), now add in LaFell, Boyd, and Core, our weaponry looks quite formidable.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 11:23 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Maybe the Steelers conned us and WJ3 just stinks Ninja

You don't knock down 23 passes and have 5 INTs by being lucky.  Also, at 4.39 speed, I doubt many will be running away from him, but Core does have great "long speed" and I was very excited he was still there in the 6th round.  
Reply/Quote