Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
Kamala and the Democrats continue to ignore what made this country great and shits on dead veterans with her "enjoy the long weekend Tweet, with no mention of Memorial Day:

Quote:Vice President Kamala Harris drew heat online Saturday for telling Americans to “enjoy the long weekend” — which ends with a national day of mourning.

Harris tweeted the celebratory words Saturday afternoon, alongside a picture of herself smiling. She did not mention Memorial Day, the upcoming federal holiday reserved for honoring military members who have died protecting the US.
Reactions to the tweet were largely negative and sarcastic, with one user replying, “I’ve never been able to ‘enjoy’ Memorial Day. It became that much harder when I lost my son fighting for this country. Thanks anyway Madam Vice President.”
Long Island Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) finished Harris’ short sentence: “…and pay tribute to the courageous men and women of our nation’s military who sacrificed their lives in defense of our freedoms and liberties,” he wrote.
Even some admirers of the first female veep did not hesitate to share their displeasure.

“What a disappointing tweet from a person I like and support. Please do better,” one wrote.

Staunch supporters of the Democrat fired back at her detractors, two days ahead of the national holiday.

“[Harris] has done more to respect and honor soldiers and vets in 6 months than the previous administration did in 4 years. Back off,” a comment read.
On Friday, the White House issued a proclamation marking Memorial Day, signed by President Biden.
“Our Nation will never forget the courage and patriotism demonstrated by the countless women and men who laid down their lives so that we may continue to pursue a more perfect Union and to protect the unalienable rights Americans hold dear,” it read in part.

[Image: freepressjournal%2F2021-05%2Fa880da07-5e...50&dpr=1.0]

Can anyone explain why this is ok?  Our VP is making a complete joke of our country.  I guess she didn't want to offend all the millennial snowflakes, so she thinks it's ok to make a disgrace of the people that gave their lives to make this country great.
Reply/Quote
I'd suggest you take her advice rather getting worked up over a tweet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is ridiculous. She tweeted out about what Memorial Day us about before that. Buddy of mine got shit on Facebook for saying he is enjoying his day with his family drinking a cold one. He lost half his leg in Iraq. Lifelong military guy. Grandpa died in WW2. Dad fought in Vietnam.

I mean, I get that people shouldn't be saying "Happy Memorial Day" etc. But geesh. You are absolutely parroting propaganda. You can be better than this man.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
Remember when the eventual President of the United States said he preferred his war hero’s not get captured? Good thing he didn’t say anything offensive to the armed forces like “enjoy the long weekend”. In reality, she said it two days ago...not on Memorial Day. On Memorial Day she has spoken very eloquently about the military and their sacrifices.

Weird fake outrage is what is “making a joke out of this country”.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2021, 06:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Remember when the eventual President of the United States said he preferred his war hero’s not get captured?

One of, if not the most offensive thing I've ever heard a person in (US) politics say.  It makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

That had a BIG part in me not voting for him in either election, depsite prefering some of his policies to those of his opponents.  
Reply/Quote
Never forget 1/6
Reply/Quote
I had a great weekend. Helping some friends move next weekend. Is that ok?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
After the last four years of mocking the dead, captured and wounded, thank God.

Thank God we aren't doing that any more and passing it off as patriotism.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2021, 04:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Kamala and the Democrats continue to ignore what made this country great and shits on dead veterans with her "enjoy the long weekend Tweet, with no mention of Memorial Day:

Can anyone explain why this is ok?  Our VP is making a complete joke of our country.  I guess she didn't want to offend all the millennial snowflakes, so she thinks it's ok to make a disgrace of the people that gave their lives to make this country great.

So she had a choice between 

1) offending "millennial snowflakes," who will get get all worked up and traumatized if she mentions the memory of fallen servicemen, and 

2) making a "joke" our country by disgracing those who gave their lives in service? 

And then given that choice she decided to protect the Millennials? 

I am glad you are reminding us to honor the fallen though, not just think of them as soldiers who failed. Like POWs. 
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2021, 06:13 PM)jmccracky Wrote: This is ridiculous. She tweeted out about what Memorial Day us about before that. Buddy of mine got shit on Facebook for saying he is enjoying his day with his family drinking a cold one. He lost half his leg in Iraq. Lifelong military guy. Grandpa died in WW2. Dad fought in Vietnam.

I mean, I get that people shouldn't be saying "Happy Memorial Day" etc. But geesh. You are absolutely parroting propaganda. You can be better than this man.

When and what did she say?

I'm searching her Twitter and can't find anything from up to 5 days ago.
Reply/Quote
Biden and Harris both went to Arlington cemetery yesterday. I'd say that checks off that box.
Reply/Quote
mmmmmmmmmmm morning coffee. Gets the motor going.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2021, 09:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Never forget 1/6

Never forget Chicago EVERY weekend.  Never forget the idiots who took over a part of Portland for weeks.

Sorry, the never forget 1/6 is really stupid.  It was a mostly peaceful protest - MSM
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 09:21 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Never forget Chicago EVERY weekend.  Never forget the idiots who took over a part of Portland for weeks.

Sorry, the never forget 1/6 is really stupid.  It was a mostly peaceful protest - MSM

Never forget to detail a thread.

Actually, I take it back...this thread is crap. Kamala Harris went to Arlington with Biden and attended an in person memorial service. I guess that doesn't top Trump mentioning veterans in the second half of a post that was about a pro-Trump boat parade.

Memorial Day, the perfect day to raise a flag with the name of on guy on it.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 09:21 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Never forget Chicago EVERY weekend.  Never forget the idiots who took over a part of Portland for weeks.

If you except the dead people, the gallow, the ducktape, the handcuffs it was mostly peaceful.

Mostly tourists and good guys just being a little pissed.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 10:18 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: If you except the dead people, the gallow, the ducktape, the handcuffs it was mostly peaceful.

Mostly tourists and good guys just being a little pissed.

Why entertain this?  We all saw the video. I know peaceful when I see it and that wasn't peaceful.  I don't care who tells me my eyes are wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 10:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Why entertain this?  We all saw the video. I know peaceful when I see it and that wasn't peaceful.  I don't care who tells me my eyes are wrong. 

I thought I was better at being sarcastic Big Grin

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 10:44 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I thought I was better at being sarcastic Big Grin

Even sarcasm is too much of a response.  At least the lack of GOP interest in the investigation sinks the notion that there are zounds of deep state and antifa sneaks in Trump gear causing the death and damage.  

Anyways, now I'm a chief offender. 
Reply/Quote

I don't understand equating gang violence and general gun toting f****very in Chicago to political violence. Why only focus on the weekends? I may see where you're (not you personally. I know you're just repeating a common talking point) coming from if some Democrat or Biden himself tweeted out... "Head on down to the southside this Friday night. Bring your illegally obtained bangers, drugs, and alcohol... Will be wild."
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 09:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Never forget to detail a thread.

Actually, I take it back...this thread is crap.  Kamala Harris went to Arlington with Biden and attended an in person memorial service.  I guess that doesn't top Trump mentioning veterans in the second half of a post that was about a pro-Trump boat parade.

Memorial Day, the perfect day to raise a flag with the name of on guy on it.

I agree that Harris did nothing wrong.  

The remember 1/6 is stupid.  Sorry.
Reply/Quote