Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kid Arrested For Making A.......Clock?
(09-30-2015, 03:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What I find amusing, is that many of you are jumping up and down in support the kid.
I mean obviously he can't be lying now can he? The School can't defend themselves in the media because of his age and because his parents refuse to sign a waiver so that the school can defend itself.

There's always more than one side to every story, but some of you just jump in head first (like Obama), and most of the time, once the full story gets out, you have to back track or you stop commenting and act like it's a non-issue. Don't some of you ever learn to wait for the full facts first?

You mean like throwing out random things about the kid being a bad seed (with no citation)?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-30-2015, 03:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What I find amusing, is that many of you are jumping up and down in support the kid.
I mean obviously he can't be lying now can he? The School can't defend themselves in the media because of his age and because his parents refuse to sign a waiver so that the school can defend itself.

There's always more than one side to every story, but some of you just jump in head first (like Obama), and most of the time, once the full story gets out, you have to back track or you stop commenting and act like it's a non-issue. Don't some of you ever learn to wait for the full facts first?

Everything put out states he never claimed it was a bomb, which would be required for it to be a hoax bomb. And they didn't think it was a real bomb or else there would have been an evacuation. And the cops questioned him without an adult advocate present, whether it be the parents, a lawyer, what have you.

Whatever the call on his suspension, or if he disobeyed the teachers, what have you, that doesn't really matter to the fact that there was an overreaction and what are generally considered the rights of a minor were violated.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-30-2015, 03:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: You mean like throwing out random things about the kid being a bad seed (with no citation)?

Hi Kettle. Maybe this post will be more to your liking.

(09-30-2015, 04:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Everything put out states he never claimed it was a bomb, which would be required for it to be a hoax bomb. And they didn't think it was a real bomb or else there would have been an evacuation. And the cops questioned him without an adult advocate present, whether it be the parents, a lawyer, what have you.

Whatever the call on his suspension, or if he disobeyed the teachers, what have you, that doesn't really matter to the fact that there was an overreaction and what are generally considered the rights of a minor were violated.

Sooooooooo we can take something that Looks like a bomb, shaped like a bomb, counts up or down like a bomb, and as long as we insist that it's called a Bahnana, then you have nothing to fear right?

Isn't this the same town where the Said Sisters who were honor murdered by their father grew up in?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=4102781

And Garland is just a stone throw away..
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/04/us/garland-mohammed-drawing-contest-shooting/

Sorry, but this area seems to be a hot bed waiting for something like what happened to happen.

Have you guys seen the pictures of the "clock in the pencil case"?
One look at it and he definitely has the look of a real bomb.

The police came, thought it looked like a hoax bomb and he wouldn't talk. They questioned him about it, then because he wouldn't cooperate, they cuffed him (but didn't torture him as his father suggests).

I don't care what his color is, he brought something to school that looks like a bomb and it caused a scare, and he wouldn't cooperate with the police when they were asking him about it (but had no problems talking to reporters).

To me it is nothing more than a PR stunt to get some fame and draw attention to Islamphobia.  School is supposed to be a safe place for kids, the cops overreacted a bit, but as I pointed out, they've had problems with this religion in the area for a while now and it's most likely standard procedure with how the reacted. I'd rather the cops over react and put the rights of many (the other students) over the rights of one student that is not cooperating.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-30-2015, 09:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hi Kettle. Maybe this post will be more to your liking.

Sooooooooo we can take something that Looks like a bomb, shaped like a bomb, counts up or down like a bomb, and as long as we insist that it's called a Bahnana, then you have nothing to fear right?

Isn't this the same town where the Said Sisters who were honor murdered by their father grew up in?

Sorry, but this area seems to be a hot bed waiting for something like what happened to happen.

The police came, thought it looked like a hoax bomb and he wouldn't talk. They questioned him about it, then because he wouldn't cooperate, they cuffed him (but didn't torture him as his father suggests).

I don't care what his color is, he brought something to school that looks like a bomb and it caused a scare, and he wouldn't cooperate with the police when they were asking him about it (but had no problems talking to reporters).

To me it is nothing more than a PR stunt to get some fame and draw attention to Islamphobia.  School is supposed to be a safe place for kids, the cops overreacted a bit, but as I pointed out, they've had problems with this religion in the area for a while now and it's most likely standard procedure with how the reacted. I'd rather the cops over react and put the rights of many (the other students) over the rights of one student that is not cooperating.

Have you ever seen a real bomb? I mean, I am not seeing anything really indicative of a bomb, especially noting a lack of explosives or anything made to look like it. I just don't see how it can be considered a hoax bomb if it was never claimed to be a bomb and they obviously didn't think it was a real one or that there was any threat because nothing was done that would indicate that was the thought.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Why would a Muslim bring a fake bomb to school? Wouldn't they bring real bombs to school? Are we sure this kid is really Muslim? Ninja
(09-30-2015, 09:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hi Kettle. Maybe this post will be more to your liking.

I cited where the police said he never claimed it was "hoax bomb" and they had to drop the charges because...it wasn't a hoax bomb.

I don't know if two incidents withing a stone's throw constitutes a "hot bed".  I just know that based on the stories in the local papers (cited) and the police comments (cited) all he did was bring a clock to school that scared an English teacher so much they never evacuated the school or called in a bomb squad.  Instead they questioned him and he gave the same (truthful) response over and over until the arrested him.  All without notifying his parents.

So...you were saying?

And you ignore the fact that there was a police investigation that determined that he did not posses any type of hoax bomb.

There was no justification for handcuffing this kid over any of this.  I may not have all the facts, but I can pretty much guarantee that.
(09-30-2015, 09:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The police came, thought it looked like a hoax bomb and he wouldn't talk. They questioned him about it, then because he wouldn't cooperate, they cuffed him (but didn't torture him as his father suggests).act and put the rights of many (the other students) over the rights of one student that is not cooperating.

This is a complete lie.  He talked to the police.  Refusing to admit to a crime you did not commit is not the same as "not talking".
(09-30-2015, 09:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sooooooooo we can take something that Looks like a bomb, shaped like a bomb, counts up or down like a bomb, and as long as we insist that it's called a Bahnana, then you have nothing to fear right?

Sooooooooo you are calling the police who said it was not a fake bomb liars?

If it looked so much like a bomb then why didn't they evacuate the school?

There was not "fake bomb".
(09-30-2015, 09:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Isn't this the same town where the Said Sisters who were honor murdered by their father grew up in?

It is also the same town where the Mayor has already gone "Glenn Beck" in her tirade against Sharia Law Courts that do not exist and pushed through an Anti-Sharia Law local ordinance.  This issue made national news months before Ahmed was arrested.

Then there was the incident of police having to provide extra security to a Irving Mosque back in April due to threats.

And of course this is the same state where a Christian woman hijacked the microphone at the Texas Muslim Capitol Day in Austin to praise Christianity.

The only thing that Irving is a hot bed for is Islamophobia.  And this gives a lot of credibility to Ahmeds claims that he was bullied by other students and discriminated against by a teacher based on his religious background.

I know some of you have not seen this Islamophobia for yourselves, but I live in a State where elected State Representatives actually argued that our Governor should be impeached for appointing a Muslim to a state position.  And then there was the whole mess over the Mosque in Murfreesboro.  I really feel sorry for the way these people are treated.
(10-01-2015, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is also the same town where the Mayor has already gone "Glenn Beck" in her tirade against Sharia Law Courts that do not exist and pushed through an Anti-Sharia Law local ordinance.  This issue made national news months before Ahmed was arrested.

Then there was the incident of police having to provide extra security to a Irving Mosque back in April due to threats.

And of course this is the same state where a Christian woman hijacked the microphone at the Texas Muslim Capitol Day in Austin to praise Christianity.

The only thing that Irving is a hot bed for is Islamophobia.  And this gives a lot of credibility to Ahmeds claims that he was bullied by other students and discriminated against by a teacher based on his religious background.

I know some of you have not seen this Islamophobia for yourselves, but I live in a State where elected State Representatives actually argued that our Governor should be impeached for appointing a Muslim to a state position.  And then there was the whole mess over the Mosque in Murfreesboro.  I really feel sorry for the way these people are treated.

Given how fast the white house jumped on this, don't you think the DOJ would be all over this if it were as racially charged as you say ?

Has the ACLU even made any statements ?

I wonder if the liberal teachers union had it quieted down ?
(10-01-2015, 11:53 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Given how fast the white house jumped on this, don't you think the DOJ would be all over this if it were as racially charged as you say ?

Has the ACLU even made any statements ?

I wonder if the liberal teachers union had it quieted down ?

I think (only my opinion) that Obama jumped on it because it involved a child and he has a soft spot for trying to keep kids from being victims of adults.

Maybe I'm crazy.

But besides the racial part of it I think its over and there's no need for an investigation.  How could the DOJ prove anything anyway?  

Edit: I guess the local ACLU did release a statement:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/texas-teen-arrested-after-bringing-homemade-clock-school-n428356

Quote:In a statement Wednesday from the ACLU of Texas, executive director Terri Burke said, "Ahmed Mohamed's avoidable ordeal raises serious concerns about racial profiling and the disciplinary system in Texas schools. Instead of encouraging his curiosity, intellect, and ability, the Irving ISD saw fit to throw handcuffs on a frightened 14 year-old Muslim boy wearing a NASA t-shirt and then remove him from school."

But again, no charges, the kids not still being held. So no sense "investigating".
(10-01-2015, 12:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think (only my opinion) that Obama jumped on it because it involved a child and he has a soft spot for trying to keep kids from being victims of adults.

Maybe I'm crazy.

But besides the racial part of it I think its over and there's no need for an investigation.  How could the DOJ prove anything anyway?  

Edit:  I guess the local ACLU did release a statement:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/texas-teen-arrested-after-bringing-homemade-clock-school-n428356

But again, no charges, the kids not still being held.  So no sense "investigating".

Thank you for posting that.
My Google-Fu was weak, this morning.
(10-01-2015, 12:12 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Thank you for posting that.
My Google-Fu was weak, this morning.

That's why I usually don't check this board while not at my computer.  It get frustrating when I want to share a link from my phone.
(10-01-2015, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's why I usually don't check this board while not at my computer.  It get frustrating when I want to share a link from my phone.

Yeah, responding with my phone causes me to lose my thoughts mid-post, sometimes.
I'd use talk to text, but I get caught talking to myself enough as it is.
Confused
[Image: 12033174_10154100636651729_1384974281547...e=56875F83]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]