Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Louisville Will Erupt!
Don't normally post here, but I have been following the Taylor case as I live in the Louisville area. They came back with 3 counts of wanton endangerment against 1 of the 3 involved. The other 2 weren't indicted. I wouldn't want to be caught in the Ville tonight.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 03:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Don't normally post here, but I have been following the Taylor case as I live in the Louisville area.  They came back with 3 counts of wanton endangerment against 1 of the 3 involved.  The other 2 weren't indicted.  I wouldn't want to be caught in the Ville tonight.

The AG is trying to get out in front of it, but I doubt it will work. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I hope not, but it seems inevitable. It will be interesting to see if the countermeasures put in place have any significant impact on the potential unrest.
Reply/Quote
I am sure the FoxNews crowd will be very upset since they think people should go to jail for using bad information to get a search warrant.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 03:30 PM)samhain Wrote: I hope not, but it seems inevitable.  It will be interesting to see if the countermeasures put in place have any significant impact on the potential unrest.

I don't think folks are going to listen to the rationality of the Grand Jury's findings. 

They found officers were within their rights to return fire inside the Taylor residence as they, despite the type of warrant issued, knocked and announced their presence. This was testified by a neighbor.  Taylor's boyfriend was the first to fire and the officers immediately returned fire.

The part that's going to be hard for many to grasp is the officer that actually shot Taylor was doing the "correct" thing. The officer charged was not as his bullets went into other properties. 

Reply/Quote
I'm sure riots will breakout and McConnell will runs ads in a few days with the footage blaming McGrath for it all. I wonder if Mitch understands it's all happening under his watch?
Reply/Quote
It was dangerous/indictable to fire wildly and have the bullets enter another apartment but not to have them enter a sleeping woman after going into the wrong apartment. Just an "ooppsie do" and "the right thing" to return fire...in the wrong apartment.

Seems legit.

But it is what it is now.  Maybe at some point there will be reforms to avoid such situations in the future.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 04:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  despite the type of warrant issued, knocked and announced their presence. This was testified by a neighbor. 

This is a major point.  I had never heard any neighbor say that they heard the police announce who they were.  No one who called 911 said anything about the police being involved, and the neighbor immediately next door to Taylor said she never heard the police announce who they were.

Seems kind of strange that they would go to the trouble to obtain a "no knock" warrant then knock and announce who they were.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 04:59 PM)GMDino Wrote:  after going into the wrong apartment. 

They did not go to the wrong apartment.  They were targeting Breonna Taylor.  They just used bad outdated  information to obtain the warrant.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a major point.  I had never heard any neighbor say that they heard the police announce who they were.  No one who called 911 said anything about the police being involved, and the neighbor immediately next door to Taylor said she never heard the police announce who they were.

Seems kind of strange that they would go to the trouble to obtain a "no knock" warrant then knock and announce who they were.

The officers had a lot of strange things in their report but in the end all that matters is what they did was legally kill someone by mistake.

Maybe future reforms will be the justice she deserved.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 05:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They did not go to the wrong apartment.  They were targeting Breonna Taylor.  They just used bad outdated  information to obtain the warrant.

You are correct.  I said "wrong" in that they should never have been there.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 04:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was dangerous/indictable to fire wildly and have the bullets enter another apartment but not to have them enter a sleeping woman after going into the wrong apartment.  Just an "ooppsie do" and "the right thing" to return fire...in the wrong apartment.

Seems legit.

But it is what it is now.  Maybe at some point there will be reforms to avoid such situations in the future.

The 2 not charged fired directly into the apartment from which they were receiving fire.

Reply/Quote
This should not be seen as me personally agreeing with everything in their statement.  I am simply sharing what they are saying.

[Image: Ein-r7XX0AAJRsZ?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: Ein-r7TXcAEpGoa?format=jpg&name=large]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 05:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: This should not be seen as me personally agreeing with everything in their statement.  I am simply sharing what they are saying.

[Image: Ein-r7XX0AAJRsZ?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: Ein-r7TXcAEpGoa?format=jpg&name=large]

I agree that the police made some mistakes, but this statement is nothing but  inflammatory bullshit.

"genocide"?

"No threat" when the police were being fired at?

"Justice system only acts in the interest of the most privileged and whitest."

This over-the-top rhetoric does more damage than good. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 05:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: The officers had a lot of strange things in their report but in the end all that matters is what they did was legally kill someone by mistake.

Maybe future reforms will be the justice she deserved.

But we've established that you don't care when people are killed by mistake as long as it's done by a profession other than law enforcement.

(09-23-2020, 05:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: This should not be seen as me personally agreeing with everything in their statement.  I am simply sharing what they are saying.

Suuuuurrrrrreeeeee.  Nice post from you supporting the two ambushed LA Sheriffs deputies btw.

(09-23-2020, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree that the police made some mistakes, but this statement is nothing but  inflammatory bullshit.

"genocide"?

"No threat" when the police were being fired at?

"Justice system only acts in the interest of the most privileged and whitest."

This over-the-top rhetoric does more damage than good. 

That's because Crump is a race baiting demagogue ambulance chaser.  He's far more of what he accuses others of than the vast majority of those he accuses.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: But we've established that you don't care when people are killed by mistake as long as it's done by a profession other than law enforcement.

Actually, no, we never established that.

What was established was that it was that it was a silly false equivalency argument.
Reply/Quote
It seems the LMPD are taking a heavy handed approach with protesters that refuse to follow guidance.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It seems the LMPD are taking a heavy handed approach with protesters that refuse to follow guidance.

According to some people that is all it takes to end the protesting and rioting.

So lets see what happens.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: According to some people that is all it takes to end the protesting and rioting.

So lets see what happens.

It is a bold strategy; I'm sure we can all agree that it limits any violence and rioting.  

Reply/Quote