Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin is Back thru 2019
(01-02-2018, 10:17 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Ya that’s how I feel right now but I made it through the 90’s this is but a bump...  still my team and always will. But a shake up would be good.  I will be there 1st game 2018 ready to go but need to vent right now.

i'm glad Marvin's back....
no one knows this team better than Marvin.....only other guy i'd maybe pick over Marvin would be Mr. Bengal himself....
Dave Lapham.....
i just love Lapham....
but i will stand w/ Marvin & this team b/c it's just the way i am.....
no surrender.....just regroup & come back stronger....no matter what....never surrender....
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How fitting. Marvin Lewis gets another extension after a losing season and Carson Palmer retires again.

The news that Marvin Lewis was rehired was so devastating it made Palmer quit again.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:09 PM)Steve Wrote: wow...
you really are in a bad place.... Sad & it's not just you.... but several of you....a group of criers..... Cry

sometimes you're the windshield & sometimes you're the bug....that's just how it is..... Hmm

have a tall cool glass of orange koolaid bro....
next year, after we win the Superbowl..... you can come on here & remind everyone about how you never gave up on this team....
how you're not a "fair-weather" fan....
Hilarious
we will fix our O-line, add a few quality players, S, LB, OT, OG, OC, etc....& we WILL  win the AFC NORTH....& yes the SB too.... pls remember i said this....it will happen..

i am amazed at how so many of you are so pessimistic....a bunch of "sad Sussies".....cry about this, cry about that.....i'd hate to be in a war, in a fox hole w/ you...b/c you would constantly want to surrender & stab your bros in the back......so many are so weak.....no spine.....
if you lived in an indian village long ago they would run you off.....get tired of hearing you all cry.... Cry
no fight....just roll over & surrender....
SMH.... Mooning

And after the Bengals go 6-10 again, you'll be back here talking about the "whining bengals fans" and how the Bengals are going to win the super bowl "next year". 

Again.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:28 PM)Steve Wrote: Boo hoo....
Cry
it's so sad.....

i think there's seat open on the Steelers, Ravens & Browns bandwagon...
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

hope the Ohio river doesn't flood it's banks w/ all these tears....

Denny, is that you?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
"As I said many times, I just take it day-to- day. I'm excited about the opportunity to fulfill my job. Which is to win a Super Bowl. That's what I'm excited about."

LOL

I don't know which is crazier, him thinking that or anyone actually believing it. He just said a couple weeks ago I was brought in to win championships and I haven't done that, yet he can't even win one playoff game in 7 attempts and we expect anything will change. I wish the Ravens would of beat us by 50 and sent marv and Alexander packing
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:33 PM)Steve Wrote: i'm glad Marvin's back....
no one knows this team better than Marvin.....only other guy i'd maybe pick over Marvin would be Mr. Bengal himself....
Dave Lapham.....
i just love Lapham....
no surrender.....just regroup & come back stronger....no matter what....never surrender....

I see you going around attacking people and I wonder, what is this guy's problem?  But then I read something like this and the picture is clear.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Dave Lapham.....
i just love Lapham....

Knowing the team better than anyone doesn't amount to much, really. Results speak.

Also - if he knew the team so well, why would WJ3 be sitting as long as he was? Why would Westerman and Redmond not get a chance until the final 2 games? Why would Jeremy Hill continue to be the starter? Why would Dre continue to be relied on so heavily?

Every other coach in the league knows their teams too. Sunday is when it counts. He gets out coached, plain and simple.
Reply/Quote
There are 3 times when it's ok for a man to cry. Birth of a child, reading old yeller, and a Marvin Lewis extension.
Reply/Quote
Good lord...

This is the worst news of the year.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Good lord...

Yes, but the year is so young...

Reply/Quote
I feel like I've been shot and left to bleed out.

Reply/Quote
There’s a chalk board at Cintas Center (Xavier’s basketball arena) where people can write notes about their favorite X player or other team related things. On that board tonight in orange chalk? “Fire Marvin Lewis!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Dave Lapham.....
i just love Lapham....

If your desire is for someone to take your commentary seriously, perhaps embracing proper grammar and sentence structure would be a worthy endeavor.

As to the news of Lewis' return, it's very symbolic. A franchise riddled by the stigma of disappoint and failed hope, delivers to it's fans yet another another dose of that reality.

We, as fans, are left to continue hoping in spite of the reality. That is the state of mind that ownership banks on year after year.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I feel like I've been shot and left to bleed out.

Oh, no.

Not firing Marvin two months ago was being shot and left to bleed out. Mike just came back and ****ed you in the bullet hole.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Good lord...

Of course it is Jan 2 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This is truly a sad day in Cincinnati sports history.
I know this guy has been awarded no merit extentions in the past but this one feels different. I'm not sure how you spin this from a PR standpoint with the fanbase but I suppose this owner just doesn't give a **** about those things. This organization is hard to root for...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:49 PM)ah5 Wrote: There are 3 times when it's ok for a man to cry. Birth of a child, reading old yeller, and a Marvin Lewis extension.

Good one
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:44 PM)Benton Wrote: Oh, no.

Not firing Marvin two months ago was being shot and left to bleed out. Mike just came back and ****ed you in the bullet hole.

Yup.  We're all going to be walking like penguins tomorrow.

At least the expectations will be so low for the next two years that any kind of success will be easier to enjoy.
Reply/Quote
I am willing to see what happens.

Hopefully, the agreement was that ML would have more power in choosing his assistants, what draft picks we take, and which players will play.

If he got those things as conditions of staying, I am willing to give it a little more time to see how it plays out.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:20 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: FCCincinnati sales just spiked

Whoo hoo.  
Reply/Quote