Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(01-20-2024, 12:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: So fear. Doesn't matter if you want to add more reasons to be afraid to do what they were taught.  It was fear.

Not on its own, no.  It was being ordered to stand down by their superiors.  You're asking a line officer to throw away a large percentage of their training to go directly against orders and act.  You're oversimplifying it because you love to demonize law enforcement.  You mock people for fearing logical consequence, people who have far more courage than you do.

Quote:And stupidity from the people above them.

On this we agree.

Quote:I've made some tough decisions in my life.  At least three that could have drastically affected me and the people I love.  But thank you for again thinking you know more about me than I do.

Any of them a life or death decision?  A decision that had to be made within a very short time frame?  Every single adult on Earth has had to make a tough decision, you're not special or unique in that regard.  You've also come nowhere near having to make a decision of such gravity.

Quote:Rolleyes

I wish we were still allowed to put quotes in our signatures.

Who says we can't?  Did you whine about my doing so with Dill to the point that it was added to the naughty list?  Little tip, calling out your bullshit is not playing the victim.  Labeling the slightest criticism as a personal attack in the hopes of getting moderator action absolutely is.  

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 01:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not on its own, no.  It was being ordered to stand down by their superiors.  You're asking a line officer to throw away a large percentage of their training to go directly against orders and act.  You're oversimplifying it because you love to demonize law enforcement.  You mock people for fearing logical consequence, people who have far more courage than you do.

I "mocked" no one.  I made a statement.  You agreed they were afraid of a bad outcome or losing their jobs.  Fear.

Are you mocking them by saying that?

(01-20-2024, 01:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: On this we agree.

We did three posts ago/

(01-20-2024, 01:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Any of them a life or death decision?  A decision that had to be made within a very short time frame?

Life and death? Yes in that there was a potential for death. But if you keep qualifying eventually you'll get me to say no and then you'll be better than me. Wink

(01-20-2024, 01:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Every single adult on Earth has had to make a tough decision, you're not special or unique in that regard.  You've also come nowhere near having to make a decision of such gravity.

You asked.  I answered.  I can't make you believe me.

(01-20-2024, 01:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Who says we can't?  Did you whine about my doing so with Dill to the point that it was added to the naughty list?

I was asked not to myself.  Not everything is about you.

(01-20-2024, 01:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Little tip, calling out your bullshit is not playing the victim.  Labeling the slightest criticism as a personal attack in the hopes of getting moderator action absolutely is.  

I never said YOU were playing the victim. But keep crying about moderation.  It's a good look.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 01:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Who says we can't?  Did you whine about my doing so with Dill to the point that it was added to the naughty list?  Little tip, calling out your bullshit is not playing the victim.  Labeling the slightest criticism as a personal attack in the hopes of getting moderator action absolutely is.  

If some one says cops at Uvalde were acting in fear, and you call that "spewing cop-hating vitriol," 

That's not really "slight criticism" or criticism at all. It's what most would call just "vitriol," and calling someone a "cop-hater" is personal attack. 

So you are the one doing that, not Dino. That's why he doesn't have to worry about "moderator action" for completely unnecessary behavior.

As you practice it, "calling out bullshit" is a kind of extreme and extremely uncivil hyperbole, an expression of your personal rage, not a contribution to discussion. 

If Dino notes the extreme rhetoric, then your response is that someone is whining and "playing the victim." 

Like Dino's the one who's unfair here, not the law officer who breaks the forum rules according to how he feels.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 03:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: I "mocked" no one.  I made a statement.  You agreed they were afraid of a bad outcome or losing their jobs.  Fear.

Are you mocking them by saying that?

That's not what I'm saying, and anyone with common sense knows this.  Fear is not the word I'd use to describe not wanting to jeopardize your livelihood, freedom and financial security.

Quote:We did three posts ago/

And yet, here we are.

Quote:Life and death? Yes in that there was a potential for death. But if you keep qualifying eventually you'll get me to say no and then you'll be better than me. Wink

So your answer is no.  Noted.

Quote:You asked.  I answered.  I can't make you believe me.

You did answer, just not the way you think.

Quote:I was asked not to myself.  Not everything is about you.

Oh, am I incorrect about you crying and moaning about me quoting Dill in my sig?  If I was making it up I'd be making it about me.  Citing an actual example is not.

Quote:I never said YOU were playing the victim. But keep crying about moderation.  It's a good look.

I'm not the one constantly crying for it, or complaining about it, e.g. you whining about a moderators who agree with me and disagreeing with you in a thread.  Don't worry though, your hivemind buddy will take up the cause in the post after yours.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 02:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nice to see you unexpectedly coming to your buddies defense.  I certainly wasn't expecting it.  Context and phrasing are rather key here.  As is personal history. 
And here you go.  Calling someone what they are is not a personal attack.  But keep whining about it, just like your friend, with the obvious intent behind it.
Yet more of the same.  

Incorrect.  My responses in this thread could only be labeled as personal attacks by someone extremely thin skinned, with an agenda, or both.  No rage on my part, btw.  Dino would tell you not to tell other people how they feel if he was consistent or actually ever disagreed with you.
Extreme rhetoric?  Someone has some odd ideas of what constitutes both words.

And more crying about this subject.  Keep telling me how your both not crying out for mod intervention while simultaneously crying out for mod intervention.

I do apologize for actually trying to shed some light on why the officers on scene would act as they did.  Some of them did try and enter the scene but were prevented from doing so.  Any attempt to bring nuance to this topic is immediately smeared by your Borg Collective thought process.  I will now leave you both to reinforce each others opinions and give yourselves a well deserved clap on the back.  Keep up the good work!

Actually I agree that you said valuable things about how the Uvalde incident could look from the officers' perspective, what could go wrong with the chain of command, etc. But how does calling Dino a "cop-hater" with a "hive mind" bring nuance rather than "rage" to the discussion?

An odd response from someone who calls others "thin-skinned." As you say, "context and phrasing are rather the key here."

As I've explained to you before, if calling someone "what they are" absolved one from personal attack, and "what they are" turns out to be highly subjective rage-labels like "cop-hater" and "Borg collective," there would be no norms of civility nor need for forum rules, because people who personally attack others ALWAYS think they are calling people "what they are" and so would always be right in their own eyes. That's why we don't get to judge our own behavior when it comes to rules.

Your rationale for incivility is like that of a 7th grade bully who tells the principal that calling Jimmy "ugly and stupid" is not a personal attack if Jimmy really is ugly and stupid. It's the principal who has odd ideas of what constitutes "personal attack" and Jimmy must have been "whining" again or there'd be no problem. 

In this case you are probably the only person in the forum who thinks Dino is actually a cop-hater.  And your rationale becomes even more incoherent when your own "what-they-are" labels fit you better than your targets. E.g., you are the one who frequently issues judgements in on behalf of the "collective," in first person plural, not Dino. Over the last five years, I can only think of one rage post from "thin-skinned" Dino, which came after much harassment, whereas I can cite many from you, including one pleading for special permission to violate the rules.

As for mod intervention, why should you worry if your rationale for personal attack is sound? I doubt they'll suspend you for saying cops were fearful of losing their jobs. The worry for you is that they agree with my definition of "extreme rhetoric." But I'm on record for saying they should allow you to show your true colors. The name-calling won't stop until you grasp how it affects your credibility, not your target's. Until then, I say let it continue.
Reply/Quote
Can we stop all this unpleasant bickering and get back to how little people care about children being shot?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 07:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can we stop all this unpleasant bickering and get back to how little people care about children being shot?

Well, they care a fair bit about white kids in schools.  Black gang bangers on the streets, not so much.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 08:45 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, they care a fair bit about white kids in schools.  Black gang bangers on the streets, not so much.

I assumed most of the kids Alex Jones convinced normally decent folks like my wife's family were fake-killed were white.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 07:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can we stop all this unpleasant bickering and get back to how little people care about children being shot?

They cared...they just didn't know what to do, or made bad decisions, or something.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote