Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Barkley, Dalton’s New Backup
(03-17-2018, 04:45 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: But if they drafted a guy and he had upside which I doubt they do now. They can really get put of barkley contract? Once your getting over a million in a contract I would think that guys inked in.

It all depends on the guaranteed money, not the base salary. I just found out it's a 2 year deal though, and that leads me to believe he'll have a really strong chance of being the guy. We'll see how the draft goes though. If they take a guy, I think it'll be a competition. They could keep 3 QB's though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 04:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not as terrible as some are saying, but we could certainly do better.

Barkley can move the football (he had 316+ yards three times in 6 starts last year), but he's also very turnover prone (six mutiple INT games in 9 appearances with 10+ throws). That said...I have a feeling we'll be much more conservative with Barkley, much like we were with McCarron. Lots of safe throws.

I would expect us to also draft a guy and maybe Barkley won't make the roster. Familiarity with Lazor could give him an edge though.

When you put it like that, he sounds a little like Carson Palmer Lite..  Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
barkley will be fine..but what I saw last summer..Driscoll was the best quarterback on the team

main concern..why do u sign Cordy Glenn ..a 340lb man with ankle and foot problems..I dont know
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:44 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Meh. If Dalton isn't playing, we can't expect to win any games unless the defense pitches a shutout or scores 21 points themselves.

I am hoping this isn't true, with a better OL the run game might be amazing!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When you put it like that, he sounds a little like Carson Palmer Lite..  Mellow

Well he is another soft USC guy.  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well he is another soft USC guy.  Ninja

Maybe he likes to "go long... er!" with wieners too.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 08:31 PM)cooper Wrote: barkley will be fine..but what I saw last summer..Driscoll was the best quarterback on the team

main concern..why do u sign Cordy Glenn ..a 340lb man with ankle and foot problems..I dont know

Because he is probably better hopping on one leg than what we played last season at LT most of the year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Not a Barkley fan and hope Driskell beats him out for #2.

Yet who knows they may still have plans to try and work Driskell at WR which would be ok as well. He can make things happen with his athleticism.

But sounds as if Barkley is liked by Lazor already and that is not a bad thing.

Just load up on OL in draft and keep Dalton's jersey clean and Mixon terrorizing league and it will all be as fine as QB's girlfriends are.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I still think we end up letting Driskell go and drafting a QB in the 5th rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Maybe he likes to "go long... er!" with wieners too.

I keep expecting that to get old, but I don't think it ever will. LOL
Reply/Quote
I forgot Barkley was still in the league. I also forgot that his rookie year was 2013. It feels like he's been in the league for 10 years. I'm hoping we still consider drafting a QB in day 3 to compete for a roster spot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Can we stop the FUD on Cordy Glenn? He has already spoken on the injury and is over it (the surgery was to remove bone spurs) and is expected to participate in offseason workouts normally.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 04:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Bengals are really opening up draft options.  But if Mason Rudolph is still there in later rounds they should nab him; but now they really don't need to draft a QB.

I hear the Steelers have been looking into Rudolph. They attended his pro day and were watching him closely, also met with him afterwards. Makes sense. He's drawn comparisons to Big Ben. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers take Rudolph in the 1st round. Linebacker wouldn't surprise me either, but the timing seems right to start grooming Ben's replacement. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: Turrible%2Bjust%2Bturrible.jpg]
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 02:03 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I forgot Barkley was still in the league. I also forgot that his rookie year was 2013. It feels like he's been in the league for 10 years. I'm hoping we still consider drafting a QB in day 3 to compete for a roster spot.

This.

For some reason it seems like he was a rookie a long damn time ago.

Five years and has only played in 11 games(started 6)?  Shocked
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Tebow smoked this guy in a preseason competition on the Eagles a few years ago. Maybe we should've signed Tebow instead.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 03:37 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I hear the Steelers have been looking into Rudolph. They attended his pro day and were watching him closely, also met with him afterwards. Makes sense. He's drawn comparisons to Big Ben. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers take Rudolph in the 1st round. Linebacker wouldn't surprise me either, but the timing seems right to start grooming Ben's replacement. 

That would suck.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:49 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Let the “Matt Barkley is better than Andy Dalton” threads begin.

Barkley is undefeated in post season.  This clearly makes him better than Dalton. right?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 12:24 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: They officially did it. A qb I hope never sees the field. Good job bengals.

They offically did it. A QB signning that makes me agree with bengalsturntup4wat.  Good job bengals.
Reply/Quote
According to Hobson Barkly has only been a few snaps away from not getting beaten like a long long stepchild every time. He's probably actually Arnie Barkley..  Don't suppose anyone remembers that cartoon, eh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote