Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maualuga Released
He just called the ppl that run this organization brilliant minds

I'm done
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 10:09 PM)Housh Wrote: He just called the ppl that run this organization brilliant minds

I'm done

Regular season success is all that matters Housh. Oh, and 2011-2015 are the only years that matter.

If you judge the team based on lack of playoff success or any other years, you're a hater.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 10:09 PM)Housh Wrote: He just called the ppl that run this organization brilliant minds

I'm done

Yeah, I just saw that myself.  That post must be archived for future ridicule.  
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 08:50 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's far better for the team to move away from "well past their prime" players and one draft bust, Margus Hunt, than it is for them to move away from young rising talent who's contracts are up.

It's also far better to keep a solid vet when the youth isn't ready and is blowing chunks all over the field.

Letting Peko, Maualuga and Hunt go were wise decisions. Low balling Zeitler, Whit and Burkhead were not.

We didn't even offer Zeitler a contract. That's the worst part.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Just heard on WLW he's meeting with the Chiefs today. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:18 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We didn't even offer Zeitler a contract. That's the worst part.
Hobspin even said the Bengals told Z's agent when they drafted him that would not offer him a second contract.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I'm done

What I said was that on the defensive side of the ball our coaches deserve credit for producing a top ten unit 6 of the last 8 years.  But I understand why you refuse to acknowledge what I really said and instead try to make a straw man you can knock down.

I know how much it kills you to have someone suggest that the coaches that did that are somehow competent, but I don't care if the truth hurts.  It is still the truth no matter how many strawman games you try to play.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 01:21 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Yeah, I just saw that myself.  That post must be archived for future ridicule.  

Please provide a link to the post where you "saw yourself" where I called the people who run this organization "brilliant minds".

I'll be glad to archive it for you if you will just show me the quote.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 01:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Regular season success is all that matters Housh. Oh, and 2011-2015 are the only years that matter.

If you judge the team based on lack of playoff success or any other years, you're a hater.

Geno Atkins and AJ Green are among the worst players in the league because they have never won a playoff game.

All other information except postseason games must be rejected when looking at football players, teams, and coaches.

See how much sense that makes?
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 06:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just heard on WLW he's meeting with the Chiefs today. 

That is impossible as board expert GM's said no way anyone even talks to Rey M. about a job in the NFL again. No way a coach of Andy Reid's pedigree would consider a run thumping LB who should be tossed in the trash he is so horrible.  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 07:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The majority of fans rate defensive lineman on their ability to get sacks...so guys like Peko never pass the eye test to them. However, Peko was supposed to occupy defenders and plug holes on the run. He did a decent job of that during his time here.

I'll agree with this....save for the last couple years when he was asked to play more snaps.  Watching the games, you could see him getting shoved around quite a bit.  Peko always hustled though, and is a great community guy.  I never really had so much beef with him, (or even Rey, for that matter, even though he had a couple terrible years), it had more to do with overpaying aging guys like these instead of pursuing younger talent in FA.  Some people call that hating I guess.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'll agree with this....save for the last couple years when he was asked to play more snaps.  Watching the games, you could see him getting shoved around quite a bit.  Peko always hustled though, and is a great community guy.  I never really had so much beef with him, (or even Rey, for that matter, even though he had a couple terrible years), it had more to do with overpaying aging guys like these instead of pursuing younger talent in FA.  Some people call that hating I guess.

I agree as we lost of DT rotation Peko was being asked to play too many snaps. I liked Peko, he was not pretty, he just worked hard and did his best often working against double teams to plug the run. Some don't realize Geno is not doubled team on running plays if Peko was in the game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree as we lost of DT rotation Peko was being asked to play too many snaps. I liked Peko, he was not pretty, he just worked hard and did his best often working against double teams to plug the run. Some don't realize Geno is not doubled team on running plays if Peko was in the game.

Yep, it was his downfall, you can see the numbers tail off during those seasons.   He had a good 2015, but that was it.  He never was a flashy numbers guy, more of a bring your lunchpail sort of player, but his last few years were not that good.  Had he been in rotation, or paid less to accommodate some younger talent, I don't think you would have seen "the hate" that he got on these boards.  Some people felt it was time for him to move on, or get a paycut before his last extension....along with Rey.....instead they got paid well.  Just seemed counterproductive to me.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don't just see sack numbers when I look at a LDT. I look at why is Peko being shoved 10 yards down the play again. Or I'll look at why Maualuga can't get off a guard to save his life or why he misses so many tackles or why he can't cover anyone . Pejo was a better player then maualuga by far. Maualuga was that bad.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 08:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Geno Atkins and AJ Green are among the worst players in the league because they have never won a playoff game.

All other information except postseason games must be rejected when looking at football players, teams, and coaches.

See how much sense that makes?

What I said is exactly the type of message you seem to be sending, regardless of whether you realize it or not.

What you said in this post isn't even remotely close to anything I've ever said.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You call it like you think it is.

You don't get to define reality with your opinion.

Are you one of those guys who has never liked Peko.  There were a bunch of people like that around here.  they hated on Peko even when he was playing well.

Well, the stats back up my opinion. You don't get to define reality with your bullshit.

Like i said and you conveniently ignored, i did not hate on Peko in 2015 when he played well.

(03-28-2017, 07:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The majority of fans rate defensive lineman on their ability to get sacks...so guys like Peko never pass the eye test to them. However, Peko was supposed to occupy defenders and plug holes on the run. He did a decent job of that during his time here.

Sacks are not as important as disruption IMHO. Peko was at his best at this in 2015 from what i saw and he produced
some sacks. This was his best year and i was not against keeping him after that, too bad he fell off a cliff in 2016.

He was a good run stopper in his time, but he has also gotten pushed out of running lanes lots in his time and was
never a good pass rusher. He was always a one trick pony and even in 2016 his one trick wasn't good anymore.

(03-28-2017, 08:10 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It was though.

He had 37 total tackles. 2nd lowest of his career. His lowest was in 2015 where he had 35. However, in 2015 he recorded 5 sacks. A career high.

Peko amassed 0 sacks last year. Created no turnovers.

Peko stuffed the run 3 times last year. For a total of 4 yards.

Margus Hunt also had 3 run stuffs, but for 6 yards.

135 players had more run stuffs than Peko.

Since people seem to love PFF, he ranked near the bottom for defensive tackles since 2013 except for 2015. In 2013 he had the 4th lowest grade, in 2014 he had the 2nd lowest grade, and last year he was ranked near the bottom again. Not sure what number, but he had below a 46 rating.

Fact is, Peko's time was up. You have to move on from players, and Peko had a terrible year that didn't warrant getting him back. We have a young guy in the waits and it's time to see what he can do. No more living in the past, move forward

Thank you Wolf. Cool
Reply/Quote
BRILLIANT MINDS?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1ask1kv8P27hV1lMvvHl...phsR5jGUrw] + [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM7VvYvywx9KXZcdMtfw4...xLdmccEOaA]    = 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0ZcW_ZJKj-AxbwIZDbPU...6ENheoRi9Q] ? 
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 11:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What I said is exactly the type of message you seem to be sending, regardless of whether you realize it or not.

I write exactly what I mean.

You can not change the meaning of what I say by claiming it "seems" to mean something other than what I said.

You can't just make something up and claim i said it just because you can not respond to what I actually say.

What you all need to get through your heads is that it is possible to defend some moves made by the Bengals without claiming they never do anything wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 08:37 AM)McC Wrote: Hobspin even said the Bengals told Z's agent when they drafted him that would not offer him a second contract.

I call bullshit on this.  IF that was the case, they wouldn't have picked up his $8 million option for last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:18 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We didn't even offer Zeitler a contract. That's the worst part.

I know. The lowest offer of them all is none.  Smirk

Reply/Quote