Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maualuga Released
(03-29-2017, 12:13 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote:      [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM7VvYvywx9KXZcdMtfw4...xLdmccEOaA]   

Multimillionaires and they still buy their clothes at KMart? What is wrong with these people? 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Multimillionaires and they still buy their clothes at KMart? What is wrong with these people? 

Sam Walton drove a old pick-up truck. Not everyone cares about flashy shit. Seems like a stupid thing to insult someone over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
A few years too late.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 06:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I call bullshit on this.  IF that was the case, they wouldn't have picked up his $8 million option for last year.

Did they offer him a second contract?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sam Walton drove a old pick-up truck. Not everyone cares about flashy shit. Seems like a stupid thing to insult someone over.

Sam Walton was kind of a nutjob too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Multimillionaires and they still buy their clothes at KMart? What is wrong with these people? 

There's a reason multi millionaires stay multi millionaires..... not all of them blow through their money on stupid stuff....
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sam Walton drove a old pick-up truck. Not everyone cares about flashy shit. Seems like a stupid thing to insult someone over.

I'm not saying they should go around wearing Armani Exchange and drive a Rolls Royce. But wouldn't you think owners of a billion dollar NFL team would try and look at least a little presentable and not like they raided the thrift shop? 

It just adds to the embarrassment. The Browns are notoriously frugal, what with having business meetings at Wendy's, flying free agents in on coach and having them find their own way back to the airport. It doesn't help improve that image.  
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There's a reason multi millionaires stay multi millionaires..... not all of them blow through their money on stupid stuff....

Not saying they should go on a spending spree. Never said anything close to implying that. As far as stupid stuff... What do you call what they're wearing? 
Reply/Quote
Or he could be like another billionaire and just go around in a t shirt all the time. He's rich and probably wears what's comfortable to him....
[Image: Mark-Zuckerberg-facebook-spam-filter.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 09:30 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'm not saying they should go around wearing Armani Exchange and drive a Rolls Royce. But wouldn't you think owners of a billion dollar NFL team would try and look at least a little presentable and not like they raided the thrift shop? 

It just adds to the embarrassment. The Browns are notoriously frugal, what with having business meetings at Wendy's, flying free agents in on coach and having them find their own way back to the airport. It doesn't help improve that image.  

I get what you are saying Pat.

It wouldn't cost them much to not look like hermits.

I am pretty poor and try to look decent.

Looks like Katie is wearing her cousin's brother's hand me downs.

Reminds me of Ron Weasley or somethin'.
Reply/Quote

People insult him over it because the perception of Mike Brown is that he's a cheap ______ , and that extends to almost everything he does. Free agency, using UC's practice field instead of building his own (only owner to not have his own), renting TV units and AC to players, flying players in on coach and talking contract at Wendy's, driving an old Chevy Lumina, tiny towels, pop machines in players area, cheap clothes, sending free popcorn (cheap) as a way to woo season ticket buyers, hoarding compensatory picks, not offering free gatorade or deodorant (other teams do), not offering much guaranteed money on contracts - as a means to protect from injured players, etc etc etc.

All of this stuff is well documented. So it's not about one thing, it's about his overall perception due to many things.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People insult him over it because the perception of Mike Brown is that he's a cheap ______ , and that extends to almost everything he does. Free agency, using UC's practice field instead of building his own (only owner to not have his own), renting TV units and AC to players, flying players in on coach and talking contract at Wendy's, driving an old Chevy Lumina, tiny towels, pop machines in players area, cheap clothes, sending free popcorn (cheap) as a way to woo season ticket buyers, hoarding compensatory picks, not offering free gatorade or deodorant (other teams do), not offering much guaranteed money on contracts - as a means to protect from injured players, etc etc etc.

All of this stuff is well documented. So it's not about one thing, it's about his overall perception due to many things.

And yet the players who play for him always talk about how great it was to be part of his family when they leave. I think it bothers the fans way more than it bothers the players....
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People insult him over it because the perception of Mike Brown is that he's a cheap ______ , and that extends to almost everything he does. Free agency, using UC's practice field instead of building his own (only owner to not have his own), renting TV units and AC to players, flying players in on coach and talking contract at Wendy's, driving an old Chevy Lumina, tiny towels, pop machines in players area, cheap clothes, sending free popcorn (cheap) as a way to woo season ticket buyers, hoarding compensatory picks, not offering free gatorade or deodorant (other teams do), not offering much guaranteed money on contracts - as a means to protect from injured players, etc etc etc.

Exactly  ThumbsUp  I find it kinda funny it even needed explaining 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And yet the players who play for him always talk about how great it was to be part of his family when they leave. I think it bothers the fans way more than it bothers the players....

First off, what players, where...  Have said it was a joy to be a part of Mike Brown's family? Sure, plenty take the high road and thank the team  for their time in Cincy. You wouldn't expect them to come out and say anything negative, would you? Just being polite, IMO. Being civil after leaving doesn't necessarily mean they fully enjoyed playing for an owner like Mike Brown.

Second, of course it bothers the fans more than the players. If were getting paid millions regardless of wins or losses I'd keep the public bitching to a minimum as well... Being enabled to repeatedly break the law without repercussions wouldn't make me talk bad about Mike either (if I lived that pathetic kind of lifestyle). 

Third, are you related to Mike Brown or something? Or.... Maybe... Denny!?  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And yet the players who play for him always talk about how great it was to be part of his family when they leave. I think it bothers the fans way more than it bothers the players....

As always, the players that got millions out of Mike will talk him up, while we rarely hear from players that were possibly mad enough to leave. It's sort of an NFL code not to dog your former employer. Or anyone really. That's why it's always huge news when a players spills beans on someone.

We've seen plenty of evidence through the years that some players haven't been happy with Mike Brown. Winning cures all though, and we won a lot (in regular season of course) from 2011-2015. If we continue the 6 win seasons from last year, we'll probably see more of guys like Dunlap "questioning the plan" or maybe someone will ask out. Ala Palmer, Dillon, Chad, Takeo, Pickens, Boomer, etc etc. This franchise probably holds the NFL record for players asking out, yet we have some fans that are apparently oblivious to all this.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: First off, what players, where...  Have said it was a joy to be a part of Mike Brown's family? Sure, plenty take the high road and thank the team  for their time in Cincy. You wouldn't expect them to come out and say anything negative, would you? Just being polite, IMO. Being civil after leaving doesn't necessarily mean they fully enjoyed playing for an owner like Mike Brown.

Second, of course it bothers the fans more than the players. If were getting paid millions regardless of wins or losses I'd keep the public bitching to a minimum as well... Being enabled to repeatedly break the law without repercussions wouldn't make me talk bad about Mike either (if I lived that pathetic kind of lifestyle). 

Third, are you related to Mike Brown or something? Or.... Maybe... Denny!?  Shocked

No. I'mm not related, though I wish I was and could inherit the team. I just don't see the point in dogging him for his clothes, etc. Would I run the team differently, sure, but it's not my team, it's his.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: First off, what players, where...  Have said it was a joy to be a part of Mike Brown's family?

I've been a fan since day one and the only player I can remember who ever had bad things to say about playing here was Carson Palmer....
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've been a fan since day one and the only player I can remember who ever had bad things to say about playing here was Carson Palmer....

Corey Dillon said he'd rather flip burgers than play here.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've been a fan since day one and the only player I can remember who ever had bad things to say about playing here was Carson Palmer....

Off the top of my head:

Carson, Boomer both asked for trades. Corey Dillon threw his equipment into the stands after the final game of the 2003 season. Chad asked for a trade prior to 2008. TJ didn't re-sign with us after 2008 and made a few snide remarks after he left. Takeo Spikes ripped us a new one as well. Dan Wilkinson ripped the city and Mike Brown apart before he was sent to the Redskins... I'm sure there's more I can't think of and I'm sure there will be even now in the not-so-distant future 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:32 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Off the top of my head:

Carson, Boomer both asked for trades. Corey Dillon threw his equipment into the stands after the final game of the 2003 season. Chad asked for a trade prior to 2008. TJ didn't re-sign with us after 2008 and made a few snide remarks after he left. Takeo Spikes ripped us a new one as well. Dan Wilkinson ripped the city and Mike Brown apart before he was sent to the Redskins... I'm sure there's more I can't think of and I'm sure there will be even now in the not-so-distant future 

Lee Johnson (got him dismissed from the team), Carl Pickens, Terrell Owens...."it all starts at the top", Boomer Esiason wanted a trade....in fact, Palmer never said a bad word about the Bengals, he just remained silent.  I'm probably forgetting a few myself.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote