Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McAlister: 'And people think Andy is the problem? '
Lance McAlister provides some examples of just how bad this O-line truly is. Of course, AJ also referenced the hits Andy has been taking, and Lapham said that Andy's performance against the Colts may have been him most 'courageous' game.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/lance-mcalister/content/2017-10-30-watch-plays-that-caught-my-eye-bengals-colts/
Reply/Quote
It’s almost as if literally everybody knows the line is pig shit except for the only people on the planet who can do anything about it.
Reply/Quote
I honestly think we’re better off putting 5 folding chairs In front of Dalton they could probably give more resistance than this wrenched o-line.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s almost as if literally everybody knows the line is pig shit except for the only people on the planet who can do anything about it.

......and some fans.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s almost as if literally everybody knows the line is pig shit except for the only people on the planet who can do anything about it.

For the most part, and Andy's body is going to pay the price for their ineptitude.

It's not only these clips, but if you re-watch the game...there are just so many occasions where this line simply looks dumbfounded and/or outmatched. Far too many occasions of a free defender in the backfield.

Things aren't going to get any easier with that Jags defense up next.
Reply/Quote
that throw to Malone was pretty damn elite.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:32 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I honestly think we’re better of putting 5 folding chairs In front of Dalton they could probably give more resistance than this wrenched o-line.

See, this is another way Shitsburgh is screwing us. By not having cheerleaders, that you just know would be huge and fat, we could trade for some of them and at least it would take Dlineman longer to run around them....
Reply/Quote
7 games in and this is literally the worst o-line performance I've seen, and it's against the Colts... PA should have been fired in the locker room post game.
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
Re-watching the Colts game just makes me more infuriated with Marvin's insistence during the offseason that the o-line 'is not a concern' and during the season that 'they just need to play better'. 

Well, they're not playing better and that should be a huge concern. Watching this line play for 7 games now, one thing is painfully obvious...they're just not very talented. Each of them has glaring limitations, and as a unit, it's magnified even more so.
Reply/Quote
Lap on OL play damaging Andy

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/lance-mcalister/content/2017-10-31-listen-lap-on-ol-play-damaging-andy/
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Re-watching the Colts game just makes me more infuriated with Marvin's insistence during the offseason that the o-line 'is not a concern' and during the season that 'they just need to play better'. 

Well, they're not playing better and that should be a huge concern. Watching this line play for 7 games now, one thing is painfully obvious...they're just not very talented. Each of them has glaring limitations, and as a unit, it's magnified even more so.

Don't you know Marvin always knows best.. *smirk* 

I see better than I hear
Reply/Quote
Not only do they suck at blocking, but they can't even figure out who to block.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
People WANT Andy to be the problem. Him posting a 108 rating while getting hit 35% of plays is unreal. Thing is, numbers do not matter to the dalton witch hunters. There is literally nothing he can do to change their minds. He could win 3 Super Bowls the rest of his career and people would still point to the playoff games he lost. It’s ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 01:17 PM)McC Wrote: Not only do they suck at blocking, but they can't even figure out who to block.

The stuff they’re messing up is middle/high school stuff. There was a play Sunday when Mixon appeared to no pick up a guy that hit Andy. He looked at the sidelines and threw his hands up in disgust. Watching the replay, the left tackle (not sure which horrible one it was) literally did not touch the d end lined up right on top of him.

Either we’ve found five of the dumbest people around to play oline for us, or the coaching is the worst in the NFL, or both.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 01:24 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: People WANT Andy to be the problem. Him posting a 108 rating while getting hit 35% of plays is unreal. Thing is, numbers do not matter to the dalton witch hunters. There is literally nothing he can do to change their minds. He could win 3 Super Bowls the rest of his career and people would still point to the playoff games he lost. It’s ridiculous.

How any fan could watch the Colts game - in particular, and not come away with a level of respect for Andy's toughness is beyond me. 

Andy's not without his own faults, but the guy is playing pretty damn well - all things considered - behind one of the most incompetent lines I've seen in my 30+ years as a fan.
Reply/Quote

There's no more apt description of our front office than this. Well done. :andy:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:35 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: that throw to Malone was pretty damn elite.

Yet someone on here tried to tell me that was Dalton "flinging up a prayer". Guess he didn't see the part where Andy's arm got hit...which clearly changed the trajectory. Luckily it still had enough mustard to get close to Malone.

(10-31-2017, 01:24 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: People WANT Andy to be the problem. Him posting a 108 rating while getting hit 35% of plays is unreal. Thing is, numbers do not matter to the dalton witch hunters. There is literally nothing he can do to change their minds. He could win 3 Super Bowls the rest of his career and people would still point to the playoff games he lost. It’s ridiculous.

I took a lot of heat in the game ball thread for voting Dalton and talking about his gutsy performance (the OP of that thread said that he thought no one could be more biased than me). I think more people are coming around now that all the vids of plays are being posted and AJ Green spoke out. 

People were seriously ripping Dalton for incompletions in this one. Not turnovers or inefficiency. Incompletions. In a game where the blocking was non-existent. Ridiculous. Just goes to show the impossible standards people set for the guy. People comparing Russell Wilson's situation to Dalton's as if it were even remotely close. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
giggle, giggle, just have to do a better job next week.

Andy got my vote for the game ball. Cringe just thinking about the pressure and hits he took.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
In 2014 and 2015, Bodine was probably the only true liability, but I think especially in 2014 fans gave him (somewhat of) a pass because he was a rookie.
But overall, the line was pretty solid. OL can typically be fine with one bad performer.
Then in 2016 Andre Smith left and we saw how impactful it was to have a bad center along with a bad RT.
And finally, the culmination, losing LT and RG, which showed just how terrible these players really are.
It's pathetic, and we all knew it, but some fans (for some stupid reason) had faith/belief that these players would magically improve with more coaching.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In 2014 and 2015, Bodine was probably the only true liability, but I think especially in 2014 fans gave him (somewhat of) a pass because he was a rookie.
But overall, the line was pretty solid. OL can typically be fine with one bad performer.
Then in 2016 Andre Smith left and we saw how impactful it was to have a bad center along with a bad RT.
And finally, the culmination, losing LT and RG, which showed just how terrible these players really are.
It's pathetic, and we all knew it, but some fans (for some stupid reason) had faith/belief that these players would magically improve with more coaching.

It was probably more a matter of hoping against hope, because really, what other choice was there?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote