Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miami Desperate For Burrow
(02-06-2020, 12:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The most TD’s Russell ever threw for in college was 28, and his highest rating was 167

Burrow just threw 60, and had a 202 rating lol

You know who had Burrow-like numbers in college? David Klingler (716 yds and 11 TDS in a single game. 54 TDS in a season)....in case you forgot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:25 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: You know who had Burrow-like numbers in college? David Klingler (716 yds and 11 TDS in a single game. 54 TDS in a season)....in case you forgot.

What competition did Klinger put those numbers up against?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:25 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: You know who had Burrow-like numbers in college? David Klingler (716 yds and 11 TDS in a single game. 54 TDS in a season)....in case you forgot.

Betcha he did that against the best defenses in college too.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:25 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: You know who had Burrow-like numbers in college? David Klingler (716 yds and 11 TDS in a single game. 54 TDS in a season)....in case you forgot.

Not against the best of the best in the SEC he didn’t. In case you forgot.

Reply/Quote
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/02/06/hue-jackson-bengals-should-draft-burrow-not-trade-top-pick/4676549002/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not against the best of the best in the SEC he didn’t. In case you forgot.

You know who the most prolific SEC QBs in the NFL over the last decade are. Tim Tebow, AJ McCarron, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott.

Newton is about to get booted out of Carolina and Prescott has potential, but not really done anything yet. You have to go back to the Manning brothers (1997 and 2004) to get a SEC QB that actually won a Super Bowl. Just saying that as good as the SEC is, their QBs aren’t really tearing it up in the NFL recently. THE MORE YOU KNOW.
Reply/Quote

The Southwest Conference VS SEC. Pop Warner VS High school. His eleven TDs came against a power house team, Eastern Washington. What coach is still throwing and leaving your starter in when you are winning 84-21. He was still beat out of the Heisman trophy by Ty Detmer.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 12:03 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: You know who the most prolific SEC QBs in the NFL over the last decade are. Tim Tebow, AJ McCarron, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott.

Newton is about to get booted out of Carolina and Prescott has potential, but not really done anything yet. You have to go back to the Manning brothers (1997 and 2004) to get a SEC QB that actually won a Super Bowl. Just saying that as good as the SEC is, their QBs aren’t really tearing it up in the NFL recently. THE MORE YOU KNOW.

They have won a playoff games. Sorry AJM lost his because of Hills fumble.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 12:49 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Southwest Conference VS SEC. Pop Warner VS High school. His eleven TDs came against a power house team, Eastern Washington. What coach is still throwing and leaving your starter in when you are winning 84-21. He was still beat out of the Heisman trophy by Ty Detmer.

I can do this all day. You know the teams in the SWC besides Houston in 1988-91? Arkansas, Texas, Texas AM, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Rice.

....not exactly cupcakes. And Houston was ranked in the top 25 for over 2 years straight.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 12:03 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: You know who the most prolific SEC QBs in the NFL over the last decade are. Tim Tebow, AJ McCarron, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott.

What other Texas Tech QB’s have torn it up in the NFL other than Mahomes?

I’m sure KC is glad they didn’t worry about what Big 12 QB’s have done in the NFL lately...

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 01:50 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I can do this all day. You know the teams in the SWC besides Houston in 1988-91?  Arkansas, Texas, Texas AM, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Rice.

....not exactly cupcakes. And Houston was ranked in the top 25 for over 2 years straight.

Be careful, facts and spreading doubt about the Messiah known as Burrow is dangerous around these parts....even if your statements are 100% true.

Mike Brown is already written up the card and counting his money from all the season ticket sales because "Burrow iz all we's need to make us a winner"

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 02:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What other Texas Tech QB’s have torn it up in the NFL other than Mahomes?

I’m sure KC is glad they didn’t worry about what Big 12 QB’s have done in the NFL lately...

My point exactly. Just because Burrow played in the SEC doesn’t mean he’s gonna be any better than a QB from another conference. Thank You.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 02:17 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: My point exactly. Just because Burrow played in the SEC doesn’t mean he’s gonna be any better than a QB from another conference. Thank You.

Umm...my original point that seems to have gone right over you head is Burrow had the best season ever by a college QB against the BEST competition. He played in the best conference, and shredded the defending national champs who also happened to be the #1 defense in the country.

And then I very quickly countered your attempt at a point about the SEC QB’s not having much success in the NFL lately. Who cares? Mahomes just won SB MVP and before him no Big 12 QB’s have done jack shit. It’s a silly way to look at things.

You can stop now

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 02:11 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Be careful, facts and spreading doubt about the Messiah known as Burrow is dangerous around these parts....even if your statements are 100% true.

Mike Brown is already written up the card and counting his money from all the season ticket sales because "Burrow iz all we's need to make us a winner"

Yeah, how dare people be excited about drafting a QB that just had the best college season ever.

We should really be focusing on discussing how Mike Brown sucks for the 37th millionth time. Much more interesting.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 02:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm...my original point that seems to have gone right over you head is Burrow had the best season ever by a college QB against the BEST competition. He played in the best conference, and shredded the defending national champs who also happened to be the #1 defense in the country.

And then I very quickly countered your attempt at a point about the SEC QB’s not having much success in the NFL lately. Who cares? Mahomes just won SB MVP and before him no Big 12 QB’s have done jack shit. It’s a silly way to look at things.

You can stop now.

You insinuated Klingler’s numbers were diminished because didn’t produce numbers against better SEC conference opponents. I made the point that just because you played QB in the SEC Conference doesn’t automatically mean your going to be an amazing NFL QB. Then you came back with the Mahomes comment that substantiated my point about the Conference disparity. Sounds like we agree.

For the record only 2 SEC QBs were starters last season Prescott and Stafford. Newton was injured, but lost his job anyway. There were 2 Texas Tech QBs that were starters last season. Mahomes and Baker Mayfield (he was at TT before OK) I’m counting it. LOL.

I hope Burrow is what we hope he is and that this organization takes full advantage of it.
Reply/Quote
All this banter about.... Klinger didn't play top competition but Burrow did...

Some of the best QB's in the league at the moment are from what Pac 12 (Rodgers), Ohio Valley Conference (Garoppolo), Big 12 (Mahomes), ACC and AAC (Jackson - played in the American for a year), let's not forget the powerhouse MAC conference that gave us Pig Ben, and the Missouri Valley Conference (Wentz)

Add in the up and comers like Goff (Pac 12) and Josh Allen (Mountain West) and Kyler Murray (Big 12) and this competition narrative and "He beat the best defenses narrative" means exactly...nothing.

If beating SEC defenses was the measuring stick to being a good NFL QB, Alabama QB's would have been taken 1st overall for years.

SEC guys play on teams that aren't like real life, they have high level draft picks at every position. LSU is going to have 2 WR's the O-line and how many others go in the first 3 rounds.

I'll take the guys who played with lesser talent and found a way to win, cause that is what you need in the NFL. Have to be the guy that elevates the UDFA that is playing at WR or on the O-line.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 03:17 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: All this banter about.... Klinger didn't play top competition but Burrow did...

Some of the best QB's in the league at the moment are from what Pac 12 (Rodgers), Ohio Valley Conference (Garoppolo), Big 12 (Mahomes), ACC and AAC (Jackson - played in the American for a year), let's not forget the powerhouse MAC conference that gave us Pig Ben, and the Missouri Valley Conference (Wentz)

Add in the up and comers like Goff (Pac 12) and Josh Allen (Mountain West) and Kyler Murray (Big 12) and this competition narrative and "He beat the best defenses narrative" means exactly...nothing.

If beating SEC defenses was the measuring stick to being a good NFL QB, Alabama QB's would have been taken 1st overall for years.

SEC guys play on teams that aren't like real life, they have high level draft picks at every position. LSU is going to have 2 WR's the O-line and how many others go in the first 3 rounds.

I'll take the guys who played with lesser talent and found a way to win, cause that is what you need in the NFL. Have to be the guy that elevates the UDFA that is playing at WR or on the O-line.

Ok take away that he beat up on top SEC teams like Georgia, Florida, and Alabama (which is silly), but how about what he did to Clemson? Are we allowed to be impressed by that?

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 02:59 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: You insinuated Klingler’s numbers were diminished because didn’t produce numbers against better SEC conference opponents. I made the point that just because you played QB in the SEC Conference doesn’t automatically mean your going to be an amazing NFL QB. Then you came back with the Mahomes comment that substantiated my point about the Conference disparity. Sounds like we agree.

For the record only 2 SEC QBs were starters last season Prescott and Stafford. Newton was injured, but lost his job anyway. There were 2 Texas Tech QBs that were starters last season. Mahomes and Baker Mayfield (he was at TT before OK) I’m counting it. LOL.

I hope Burrow is what we hope he is and that this organization takes full advantage of it.

Kase Keenum started too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 12:52 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: They have won a playoff games. Sorry AJM lost his because of Hills fumble.

Hell, Tebow even beat the Steelers in a playoff game lol

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 03:17 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: All this banter about.... Klinger didn't play top competition but Burrow did...

So if I go out this fall and play against pee wee teams and throw 11 TDs/game you would say I am as good as Burrow? HA!
Reply/Quote