Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mike Mitchell Continues To Play Steelers' Football!
(10-21-2017, 06:15 PM)McC Wrote: No.  It never was.  It just used to be a slightly less stupid version of itself.  Really, the whole concept is quite pathetic, yelling the same shit back and forth at each other over and over.  A pissing contest with typing.  Woo Hoo!  Big fun.  Must not be much to do where you are.   You could give your cousin a call.  She's probably up for anything.  I know she was that night the fleet was in town.

Actually, once upon a time it really was fun. 

See, once upon a time there was good natured smacking of teams between fans that actually still respected the other fan-base and there was actually some intelligent debates and some...not so intelligent debates (Madieu Williams vs Troy P rings a bell).  Whatever

But the real thing that is different between then and now, is the people. See, when the smack forum was at its' best, a troll was a troll. It didn't matter if it was a steeler fan trolling, Brown fan, Raven fan or Bengal fan. When people showed up and said and did stupid stuff, the entire board went after them. 

The garbage that gets posted here now by some members, not naming names but it is pretty obvious who, would have been called out and shut down by their own fans as much as by opposing fans. 

Now, it is literally a situation where it is 75% trolling and just "ya momma" type of comments. Our guy is dirty but your guy is dirtier....oh boy...such smack. And..."what have you guys ever won" Oh boy...such smack...how did we not realize this team never won a Super Bowl....just weak and pathetic type of garbage now. 

It was fun..... doubtful it ever will be again. It's why most of the people who used to be highly active in smack (Beaker, The Bat, StealyJ, 34, etc, etc, etc) have all either kinda stopped or just didn't move over here. 

Hell, my own posting style in here anymore reflects how much this place has gone down hill. I really view most of the opposing fans who post here as bored trolls, most mind you. There is still some that come here and can be rational and some from the old board, but they are the minority.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:47 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Actually, once upon a time it really was fun. 

See, once upon a time there was good natured smacking of teams between fans that actually still respected the other fan-base and there was actually some intelligent debates and some...not so intelligent debates (Madieu Williams vs Troy P rings a bell).  Whatever

But the real thing that is different between then and now, is the people. See, when the smack forum was at its' best, a troll was a troll. It didn't matter if it was a steeler fan trolling, Brown fan, Raven fan or Bengal fan. When people showed up and said and did stupid stuff, the entire board went after them. 

The garbage that gets posted here now by some members, not naming names but it is pretty obvious who, would have been called out and shut down by their own fans as much as by opposing fans. 

Now, it is literally a situation where it is 75% trolling and just "ya momma" type of comments. Our guy is dirty but your guy is dirtier....oh boy...such smack. And..."what have you guys ever won" Oh boy...such smack...how did we not realize this team never won a Super Bowl....just weak and pathetic type of garbage now. 

It was fun..... doubtful it ever will be again. It's why most of the people who used to be highly active in smack (Beaker, The Bat, StealyJ, 34, etc, etc, etc) have all either kinda stopped or just didn't move over here. 

Hell, my own posting style in here anymore reflects how much this place has gone down hill. I really view most of the opposing fans who post here as bored trolls, most mind you. There is still some that come here and can be rational and some from the old board, but they are the minority.

Okay.  I respect you, and your opinion, so I stand corrected.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:14 AM)McC Wrote: Okay.  I respect you, and your opinion, so I stand corrected.

It's all good my friend. If all you've really had a chance to experience is this version, then I totally see your point of this never being fun but it really was a cool thing once. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 03:16 PM)MrRager Wrote: He just does the exact same thing back, maybe without the awful name calling. They are two sides of the same coin. Brad is the the Bengal version of Vlad.

We need to watch out for people's who's names end in ad  Ninja

Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:47 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Actually, once upon a time it really was fun. 

Tell it like it is Murdock! Its mostly Brad and Lovenuts fault. The great smack posters of this message board are disappearing. There are only a few of us left! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:47 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Now, it is literally a situation where it is 75% trolling and just "ya momma" type of comments.

Yo momma is so slutty, she could suck start a Harley. Cool

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 06:15 PM)McC Wrote: No.  It never was.  It just used to be a slightly less stupid version of itself.  Really, the whole concept is quite pathetic, yelling the same shit back and forth at each other over and over.  A pissing contest with typing.  Woo Hoo!  Big fun.  Must not be much to do where you are.   You could give your cousin a call.  She's probably up for anything.  I know she was that night the fleet was in town.

Jungle Noise is really where the really pathetic posters go. This board let's you have more freedom. Please go back to Jungle Noise, you fit in perfectly over there. I go over there every so often just for a laugh. I hate when you life long Jungle noobs come over here and say this board is pathetic or tell us to leave and go back to our teams board. You just don't get the concept of what this board is for and why it's here.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:49 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Jungle Noise is really where the really pathetic posters go. This board let's you have more freedom. Please go back to Jungle Noise, you fit in perfectly over there. I go over there every so often just for a laugh. I hate when you life long Jungle noobs come over here and say this board is pathetic or tell us to leave and go back to our teams board. You just don't get the concept of what this board is for and why it's here.

Smack Talk is for us Jungle Noise pathetic posters to come over after a lose to realize yea the Bengals lost but at least we don't have a mullet and drive around in a Trans am we bought in high school.  I know it makes me feel better.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:54 AM)Synric Wrote: Smack Talk is for us Jungle Noise pathetic posters to come over after a lose to realize yea the Bengals lost but at least we don't have a mullet and drive around in a Trans am we bought in high school.  I know it makes me feel better.

Yeah, but we also have Starter jackets.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:58 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Yeah, but we also have Starter jackets.

Lol and Jeans with holes in the knees you cut yourself.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:05 AM)Synric Wrote: Lol and Jeans with holes in the knees you cut yourself.

Nah the holes are from being on their knees at their uncles house all the time

Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:49 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Jungle Noise is really where the really pathetic posters go. This board let's you have more freedom. Please go back to Jungle Noise, you fit in perfectly over there. I go over there every so often just for a laugh. I hate when you life long Jungle noobs come over here and say this board is pathetic or tell us to leave and go back to our teams board. You just don't get the concept of what this board is for and why it's here.

Here’s a relic of the way smack used to be. GBTJN. It should’ve had its own smiley.
Reply/Quote

You're doing it wrong. 
Reply/Quote

This, this, and some more of this. 

I'm not even sure that some of the trolls are bored.  I think some of them are so sincere in what they say that they aren't even aware of their own trollish-ness.  I'll take the high road like you and not name names, but of course we know who they are. 

It's almost as if for some there is an actual psychological need to sincerely attack the other team and their fans and make them look bad and belittle them, and not in a good-natured-jest kind of way.  There are examples of that type of smack from just about every fanbase represented here, but those will only ever recognize it in the smack of opposing fans because their homer blinders are on.  And not only that, but they'll project their own use of that style onto their perception of fans that aren't even doing it - "Typical Steeler/Bengal/Ravens fan!", etc..  Oops, did I give some identities away there?   Nervous

At any rate, we need more guys like the ones you mentioned.  Bat, SteelyJ, 34 ... okay ... maybe not Beaker so much.  Wink Of course, I'm only saying that because I know he still visits the boards occasionally... but don't tell him that!  ;-)
It sure would be nice if we could get some of that back. 
Reply/Quote
The more I think about it the more I remember that one of the things that made it great back then was that some trolls were actually fun in that atmosphere.  Remember Steelman, the man of 1000 aliases? 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 06:48 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Tell it like it is Murdock! Its mostly Brad and Lovenuts fault. The great smack posters of this message board are disappearing. There are only a few of us left! ThumbsUp

Ironic you are trolling someone called Lovenuts in your sig.  Smirk Yet, you call others trolls.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 06:04 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Does anyone else remember when the smack forum used to be fun?

(10-21-2017, 11:39 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You mean like about 5 or 6 years ago.

Yes, but those days are sadly long gone.

(10-22-2017, 11:49 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: This, this, and some more of this. 

I'm not even sure that some of the trolls are bored.  I think some of them are so sincere in what they say that they aren't even aware of their own trollish-ness.  I'll take the high road like you and not name names, but of course we know who they are. 

It's almost as if for some there is an actual psychological need to sincerely attack the other team and their fans and make them look bad and belittle them, and not in a good-natured-jest kind of way.  There are examples of that type of smack from just about every fanbase represented here, but those will only ever recognize it in the smack of opposing fans because their homer blinders are on.  And not only that, but they'll project their own use of that style onto their perception of fans that aren't even doing it - "Typical Steeler/Bengal/Ravens fan!", etc..  Oops, did I give some identities away there?   Nervous

At any rate, we need more guys like the ones you mentioned.  Bat, SteelyJ, 34 ... okay ... maybe not Beaker so much.  Wink Of course, I'm only saying that because I know he still visits the boards occasionally... but don't tell him that!  ;-)
It sure would be nice if we could get some of that back. 

Oh, the nostalgia. It's interesting, I used to be much more active in Smack back in those days. It was such a good time. The atmosphere certainly changed after certain events, and unfortunately, it didn't reset with the transition to this new board. When that change in atmosphere happened is when I kind of moved towards more of the non-football conversations and why I hardly ever venture over here.

(10-22-2017, 11:53 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The more I think about it the more I remember that one of the things that made it great back then was that some trolls were actually fun in that atmosphere. Remember Steelman, the man of 1000 aliases?

Oh, that was a great one. What was the name of the guy with Arnold as his avatar? He was a good one to have around, too.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 03:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Ironic you are trolling someone called Lovenuts in your sig.  Smirk Yet, you call others trolls.

Hi Lovenuts Tongue I never called anyone a troll. I believe that is a term you use when someone puts a smack hurting on you here.
Enjoy the game.
Bless you. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Right on cue, there's good 'ol Birthdefect stomping with both feet on a PIT player....but he's not the dirtiest player in the league, by far, or anything.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:51 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Right on cue, there's good 'ol Birthdefect stomping with both feet on a PIT player....but he's not the dirtiest player in the league, by far, or anything.

Dirtiest, no? Stupidest...easily in the top 2. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote