Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mike Mitchell's A Trashy Punk
(11-12-2015, 11:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've watched real HOF players retire for decades.   Age brings perspective. 

After Terry Bradshaw fans thought the team may never win again....and yet here we are with two more Super Bowl wins and four total appearances since 1983.

When Ben retires the team will move on.  Hopefully they will continue their winning ways as they have for the large part of the last 45 years.

If you live long enough you might get to see the Bengals play well enough and win an important enough game to worry about what will happen when the players retire.

Rock On

lol!

Ok, so Ben will retire and the Steelers will win another Super Bowl in 26 years?!  (Going from when Bradshaw won his last one in 80.)

Ben will retire and who replaces him that can do all the things I mentioned, plus more?!

This is getting great, so please keep posting!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 02:08 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol!

Ok, so Ben will retire and the Steelers will win another Super Bowl in 26 years?!  (Going from when Bradshaw won his last one in 80.)

Ben will retire and who replaces him that can do all the things I mentioned, plus more?!

Or...OR...I'm old enough to understand that teams change all the time and you take the good with the bad.  As long as the team can give you some good...unlike your Bengals.

Cool

Here ya go.

You run along and play while the adults talk.

[Image: 5258170008-Construction-Paper-Crayons-16...t&sfrm=jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 02:08 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol!

I bet you wish any of what you posted above could be applied to your Bengals.   LMAO
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 08:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: Or...OR...I'm old enough to understand that teams change all the time and you take the good with the bad.  As long as the team can give you some good...unlike your Bengals.

Cool

Here ya go.

You run along and play while the adults talk.

[Image: 5258170008-Construction-Paper-Crayons-16...t&sfrm=jpg]
lol.

This is incredible!  Steelers fans can't even smack talk with anything real anymore, so you ask them to post things concrete, and they just fire back with stupid insult-attempts!  It's amazing!  

Thank YOU SO MUCH for the validation that I didn't even need!

Adults engage in discussions with substance and don't rely on "oh, we've always been good, so we'll still be good."

Steelers haven't been drafting as good or as strong on defense, which were their staples.

What's even better about this is I keep asking you how the Steelers will replace key parts or be able to produce when Ben can't do things like extend plays anymore and your answers are things like "we'll adapt"!  No plan for improvement or anything, but things will happen just because they always have!

Ladies and gentlemen, somebody get this man a GM job!

I keep thinking this can't get any funnier, but then you go and one-up yourself!  PLEASE keep replying!   
(11-13-2015, 10:58 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I bet you wish any of what you posted above could be applied to your Bengals.   LMAO

lol.

Not really.

Anyways, how's that relevant in discussing the Steelers?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 11:58 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol.

This is incredible!  Steelers fans can't even smack talk with anything real anymore, so you ask them to post things concrete, and they just fire back with stupid insult-attempts!  It's amazing!  

Thank YOU SO MUCH for the validation that I didn't even need!

Adults engage in discussions with substance and don't rely on "oh, we've always been good, so we'll still be good."

Steelers haven't been drafting as good or as strong on defense, which were their staples.

What's even better about this is I keep asking you how the Steelers will replace key parts or be able to produce when Ben can't do things like extend plays anymore and your answers are things like "we'll adapt"!  No plan for improvement or anything, but things will happen just because they always have!

Ladies and gentlemen, somebody get this man a GM job!

I keep thinking this can't get any funnier, but then you go and one-up yourself!  PLEASE keep replying!   

If I had a crystal ball I'd tell you exactly how the Steelers will "adapt" to something you made up out of thin air.  Instead I explained that over the last 40+ years I have seen how the organization has reacted to real world changes in their line up.  

I mean if they want to hire me and ask for my input I could maybe tell you what their "plan for improvement" is.  I mean other than replacing players and continuing to get better like most NFL teams do.

Its difficult to explain as you have watched the Bengals for so long you don't recognize what other teams do.

So to answer your questions:  They will use the draft and the occasional free-agent signing to "replace key parts" just like every other team in the league.

And odds are good they will win...again.

This has been enlightening though.  I now understand why I never got involved in the silly and childish threads you were involved with before.   Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 11:58 AM)BFritz21 Wrote:   

lol.

Not really.

Anyways, how's that relevant in discussing the Steelers?

It is relevant because you brought it up...Clearly you wish your team had the success ours has.   LOL  You just asked how th information you brought up is relevant to the discussion.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 12:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: If I had a crystal ball I'd tell you exactly how the Steelers will "adapt" to something you made up out of thin air.  Instead I explained that over the last 40+ years I have seen how the organization has reacted to real world changes in their line up.  

I mean if they want to hire me and ask for my input I could maybe tell you what their "plan for improvement" is.  I mean other than replacing players and continuing to get better like most NFL teams do.

Its difficult to explain as you have watched the Bengals for so long you don't recognize what other teams do.

So to answer your questions:  They will use the draft and the occasional free-agent signing to "replace key parts" just like every other team in the league.

And odds are good they will win...again.

This has been enlightening though.  I now understand why I never got involved in the silly and childish threads you were involved with before.   Rock On

lol!  

Once again, you offer nothing with any substance, other than the "it will work out because it always does"!

You never get involved in any "silly and childish threads" of mine because you can't debate anything that offers up something real against the Steelers!  You're just like most other Steelers' fans who live in a fairytale world!  Funny part is that you're the one calling me a child!

Also, as you mentioned, the Steelers are never supposed to have down years where they miss the playoffs because they "do so well at reloading that they never have to rebuild," but then why aren't they shelling off wins like usual?  Why have they missed the playoffs two of the past three years, with a third one maybe this year?

Keeping living in your own fairytale world where things will magically work out for the Steelers, while the rest of us live in reality and in the present.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 04:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol!  

Once again, you offer nothing with any substance, other than the "it will work out because it always does"!

You never get involved in any "silly and childish threads" of mine because you can't debate anything that offers up something real against the Steelers!  You're just like most other Steelers' fans who live in a fairytale world!  Funny part is that you're the one calling me a child!

Also, as you mentioned, the Steelers are never supposed to have down years where they miss the playoffs because they "do so well at reloading that they never have to rebuild," but then why aren't they shelling off wins like usual?  Why have they missed the playoffs two of the past three years, with a third one maybe this year?

Keeping living in your own fairytale world where things will magically work out for the Steelers, while the rest of us live in reality and in the present.

So the "real" you've offered up is that eventually the current roster will not be playing?  And living in a "fairytale world" is my saying that I don't know what they will do when the time comes except what they (and every other NFL team) does every time they lose a player, but I have confidence they will be winning again in a short time?

They missed the playoffs when they played poorly.  Same reason the Bengals keep losing playoff games.

Reply/Quote
Steelers are toast.

And there's no butter on the horizon.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 04:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: So the "real" you've offered up is that eventually the current roster will not be playing?  And living in a "fairytale world" is my saying that I don't know what they will do when the time comes except what they (and every other NFL team) does every time they lose a player, but I have confidence they will be winning again in a short time?

They missed the playoffs when they played poorly.  Same reason the Bengals keep losing playoff games.

The real I've offered up is that the Steelers haven't been drafting as well, which eliminates their ability to reload instead of rebuild, which has always been their MO.

The real is that their defense, which is a staple of the organization and key to victory, has been regressing and getting worse over the past three years.

The real is that a team only gets so many draft picks, and even fewer early ones, which is where teams generally find their stars, so with the Steelers needing pieces and not finding the late-round gems that they used to, where do the new pieces come from that will allow them to return to dominance?

My real is that Ben will be 34 next season, which is right around the age, if not a bit later, that quarterbacks typically tend to start to decline in play, and most quarterbacks don't take the beating that Ben does.

So there's a few "real"s for you.  I'm sure I could probably find more if need-be.

Again, what's your "real"?  That it will happen just because it always used to happen?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 07:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The real I've offered up is that the Steelers haven't been drafting as well, which eliminates their ability to reload instead of rebuild, which has always been their MO.

The real is that their defense, which is a staple of the organization and key to victory, has been regressing and getting worse over the past three years.

The real is that a team only gets so many draft picks, and even fewer early ones, which is where teams generally find their stars, so with the Steelers needing pieces and not finding the late-round gems that they used to, where do the new pieces come from that will allow them to return to dominance?

My real is that Ben will be 34 next season, which is right around the age, if not a bit later, that quarterbacks typically tend to start to decline in play, and most quarterbacks don't take the beating that Ben does.

So there's a few "real"s for you.  I'm sure I could probably find more if need-be.

Again, what's your "real"?  That it will happen just because it always used to happen?
Drafting defense has definitely been the problem. Offense has been top notch with high picks, and tons of mid to late round hits.

Really though, it's just been that Worilds and Jones have just been okay starters taken with high picks and corner has been passed over until the late rounds. Heyward and Tuitt is shaping up to be are best 34 DE combo we've had, and I thought some of our previous combos were untouchable. Shazier and Timmons dominant up the middle. It's the lack of push rush and bad corner play what hurts the defense. Shamarko Thomas has to officially be a bust at safety, but at least Will Allen can hold down the SS spot and Mitchell (that evil bastard) is good enough to be the answer at FS.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Toast, dude. Toast.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 08:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Toast, dude. Toast.

Waffles, dude. Waffles.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 10:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Waffles, dude. Waffles.

NO!

Waffles are good. Dry toast is BAD.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 10:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: NO!

I thought we were trying to hijack this terrible thread with something good though?

Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 10:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Waffles, dude. Waffles.

(11-13-2015, 10:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: NO!

Blue waffles?

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 10:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I thought we were trying to hijack this terrible thread with something good though?

Ninja

Valid point.  Rock On

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 10:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Blue waffles?

Ninja

You disgust me!  :angry:

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 10:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Blue waffles?

Ninja

[Image: bw4-300x220.jpg]

(11-14-2015, 12:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Valid point.  Rock On

I shall now raise the stakes to bunny with pancake on it's head.

[Image: bunny.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 07:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The real I've offered up is that the Steelers haven't been drafting as well, which eliminates their ability to reload instead of rebuild, which has always been their MO.

Shit just got real....
Reply/Quote