Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(10-28-2020, 08:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: But why didn't they shoot the knife out of his hand instead of aiming center mass?

Because it's not Die Hard 5?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:41 PM)Benton Wrote: Because it's not Die Hard 5?

They made a 5?!?!   Ninja
Reply/Quote
I’m in the heart of this philly shitstorm and I can personally report that A) the protests going on are in fact peaceful B) the looters you see are not the protestors. C). The ATM bombings are using the same tactics as a few months ago and are clearly an organized crime ring.

Stop equating A, B & C. For ***** sake.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:17 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: They made a 5?!?!   Ninja

Yes, it's this story about a Liberal lawyer armed with nothing but a taser who is faced against a band of conservatives armed with knives. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, it's this story about a Liberal lawyer armed with nothing but a taser who is faced against a band of conservatives armed with knives. 

You often advocate respect for the deceased and not making jokes about certain people’s hypothetical death...
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:32 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You often advocate respect for the deceased and not making jokes about certain people’s hypothetical death...

For real? Did you read the posts I was responding to? One of which was made by a mod. Yet you want to take issue with my post. GTFO. 

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:24 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I’m in the heart of this philly shitstorm and I can personally report that A) the protests going on are in fact peaceful B) the looters you see are not the protestors. C). The ATM bombings are using the same tactics as a few months ago and are clearly an organized crime ring.  

Stop equating A, B & C.  For ***** sake.

I can see separating A from C.  I cannot grant you the same for A and B. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I can see separating A from C.  I cannot grant you the same for A and B. 

Definitely not the same people. At least where I literally saw it out my window earlier. 2 completely different sets of people. Way less “bad apples” in the protest bunch because the police focused on that situation and the real “looters” took advantage.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? Did you read the posts I was responding to? One of which was made by a mod. Yet you want to take issue with my post. GTFO. 

I’m just saying you’ve been extremely sensitive to the he idea of death in other situations. Maybe that’s not the case here. That’s fine. I’m not going to “GTFO” though. Go take a “whores bath” in an airport bathroom and call me in the morning sweetheart.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:55 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Definitely not the same people. At least where I literally saw it out my window earlier.  2 completely different sets of people.  Way less “bad apples” in the protest bunch because the police focused on that situation and the real “looters” took advantage.

I'm sorry we can only accept personal experiences if it implies "the left" is violent and to blame.  You will receive a nice conciliation prize.

All seriousness aside it really is a two pronged problem of the police picking the low hanging fruit by arresting the peaceful protestors while the looters use the distraction as coverage.  Some criminals get taken in but the numbers get bumped up to look better. Plus people who lump the peaceful marches with the vandalism and looting because it fits a political point of view.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 08:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sorry we can only accept personal experiences if it implies "the left" is violent and to blame.  You will receive a nice conciliation prize.

All seriousness aside it really is a two pronged problem of the police picking the low hanging fruit by arresting the peaceful protestors while the looters use the distraction as coverage.  Some criminals get taken in but the numbers get bumped up to look better. Plus people who lump the peaceful marches with the vandalism and looting because it fits a political point of view.

I'm still trying to figure out what in the hell they are even protesting!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 09:02 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out what in the hell they are even protesting!

In this case a man shot and killed.  Lot's of stuff going on with the scene but most people feel it was justified.

Sadly because so many are called "justified" that *might* not be it triggers a reaction of marches.  Sometimes those marches are also used to remind people of the OTHER cases.  And sometimes they are used as cover by criminals to loot and vandalize.

We have a problem in this country and two firmly entrenched sides that don't want to get together to work on real solutions.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 09:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: In this case a man shot and killed.  Lot's of stuff going on with the scene but most people feel it was justified.

Sadly because so many are called "justified" that *might* not be it triggers a reaction of marches.  Sometimes those marches are also used to remind people of the OTHER cases.  And sometimes they are used as cover by criminals to loot and vandalize.

We have a problem in this country and two firmly entrenched sides that don't want to get together to work on real solutions.

We do have a problem.  Immense inner city crime and violence and one race that wants to kill each other on a daily basis.  I don't say that in a mean way.  It is a very bad and sad state of affairs.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:06 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: We do have a problem.  Immense inner city crime and violence and one race that wants to kill each other on a daily basis. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v49ml74m9p88rp29z8...=giphy.gif]

(10-29-2020, 10:06 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I don't say that in a mean way.  It is a very bad and sad state of affairs.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v49ml74m9p88rp29z8...=giphy.gif]

Mellow

Whatever.  You can insinuate whatever you want about me.  Doesn't make it true.  

Look at the stats.  It's sad.  Look at the rioters and looters.  What do you see?  Who is killing who in the inner cities?  Facts and stats don't make someone racist.

No wonder nothing gets fixed.  You talk about this problem and you're labeled as a racist.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:43 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Whatever.  You can insinuate whatever you want about me.  Doesn't make it true.  

Look at the stats.  It's sad.  Look at the rioters and looters.  What do you see?  Who is killing who in the inner cities?  Facts and stats don't make someone racist.

No wonder nothing gets fixed.  You talk about this problem and you're labeled as a racist.

That's sadly a standard go to for him, calling people racist.  Most people have really tried to make the new forum more civil, unfortunately not all of us have made the commitment.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:55 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Definitely not the same people. At least where I literally saw it out my window earlier.  2 completely different sets of people.  Way less “bad apples” in the protest bunch because the police focused on that situation and the real “looters” took advantage.

Good to know.  I suppose I'd have more sympathy if they weren't protesting a completely justified shooting.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:56 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's sadly a standard go to for him, calling people racist.  Most people have really tried to make the new forum more civil, unfortunately not all of us have made the commitment.

I would love to clean up the inner cities.  I would love to immensely lower the fatherless black homes.  I would love to lift the inner cities out of poverty and make them flourish again.  I would love to fix the broken school systems in the cities that mainly effect minorities.  That and more would do so much positive for the rest of the country and bring much unity (in my opinion) to a very divided country.

Ask my kids what would happen to them if I ever found out they treated someone different or made fun of someone for the color of their skin.  And I lead my kids by example. Not do as I say, not as I do.

But whatever, I'm called a racist.
Reply/Quote

I think when both groups act under the same BLM umbrella their messages become merged.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:43 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Whatever.  You can insinuate whatever you want about me.  Doesn't make it true.  

Ain't nothing insinuated sir.  You blamed it on "one race".  You can stand by it or not.  Not up to me.  I'm sure others will happily agree with you and defend it (and accuse me of something, I'm sure of that more) but I'll end our interaction here.  
Reply/Quote