Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football
Sports Illustrated also blamed Marvin and the rest of the Bengals for Burfict's play. A permanent ban seems harsh, but I agree that somebody on the team should have a talk with him. If Marvin won't do it, somebody else should.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/17/vontaze-burfict-bengals-violent-play

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/bengals-vontaze-burfict-should-not-be-nfl-mike-florio-says?cid=eref:nbcnews:video
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 03:55 PM)RobertG Wrote: Sports Illustrated also blamed Marvin and the rest of the Bengals for Burfict's play.  A permanent ban seems harsh, but I agree that somebody on the team should have a talk with him.  If Marvin won't do it, somebody else should.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/bengals-vontaze-burfict-should-not-be-nfl-mike-florio-says?cid=eref:nbcnews:video

Florio says?  Enuff said.  Wasn't  penalty and he's not suspended, and we all know if there was any way he could be, he would have.

This is your first mistake--reading Florio and/or SI.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 04:01 PM)McC Wrote: Florio says?  Enuff said.  Wasn't  penalty and he's not suspended, and we all know if there was any way he could be, he would have.

Agreed.

The article asks "how did we get here.....?#"

Well, we are here because our franchise QB was the victims of a deliberate cheap shot that tore up his knee.

We are here because our first round LB's jaw was broken with a cheap blind side shot.

We are here because our star LB was concussed with the same type of cheap blind side shot.

Any other uninformed, ignorant questions?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So apparently it is ok to blinside and hit the guy with the crown of your helmet. Then stand over them while they are concussed and point at them, taunting them. Only to have the whole thing made into a TD celebration later....
Reply/Quote
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

My go to for Stooler week from now on:

[Image: tenor.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If Burfict were the only player doing this, I'd understand the outrage.

But he isn't.

He's simply the easy target.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 04:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If Burfict were the only player doing this, I'd understand the outrage.

But he isn't.

He's simply the easy target.

Low hanging fruit against their "classy, usptanding, hard nosed organization". :mellow:

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 03:55 PM)RobertG Wrote: Sports Illustrated also blamed Marvin and the rest of the Bengals for Burfict's play.  A permanent ban seems harsh, but I agree that somebody on the team should have a talk with him.  If Marvin won't do it, somebody else should.

The President & I think NBC should be banned from the mainstream media...
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 04:46 PM)pally Wrote: come on...you know that is just good hard football

The "Stooler Way"......anyone else does it, and they should be banned.... LMAO

What a buncha SHIT. :andy:

Reply/Quote
Burfict is a dirty player. He is the exact example of what the league is trying to get rid of. If you don't think that, then you are truly lying to yourself and blindly defending him.

With that being said, it doesn't begin and end with Burfict. There are plenty of other players in the league (yes, including the Steelers) that cheap shot, play dirty, or take unnecessary hits.

I get it, Burfict is the poster child and is under the microscope because of his history (which is deserved, IMO).
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 04:01 PM)McC Wrote: Florio says?  Enuff said.  Wasn't  penalty and he's not suspended, and we all know if there was any way he could be, he would have.

Steelers players and all their fans are whiny little bitches and will do anything to get Burfict out of the game so there's no one to hit them hard. 

Candy asses. loooooooool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 05:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Burfict is a dirty player. He is the exact example of what the league is trying to get rid of. If you don't think that, then you are truly lying to yourself and blindly defending him.

With that being said, it doesn't begin and end with Burfict. There are plenty of other players in the league (yes, including the Steelers) that cheap shot, play dirty, or take unnecessary hits.

I get it, Burfict is the poster child and is under the microscope because of his history (which is deserved, IMO).

Roethlesberger went on his Radio show and said that Burfict (after his hit on AB & right before a snap), Burfict pointed at Ju Ju and said "your next". They showed that play on the NFL Network and it shows Burfict pointing at Ju Ju and then Ben makes a frustrated gesture to the Refs with his hands & body language seeming to ask the Refs to do something about the threat.

It looked to me like Burfict did make that threat to Ju Ju.

As much as I like old school football and the old school ways, this is a sign that Burfict may never get it.

Deon Sanders said on the same NFL Network program that Ben should shut up and leave the bad things people say and do on the field. Deon said that many of our heroes would not be thought of as heroes if fans knew some of the things they said during games.

Ben's cry baby tactics will likely put Burfict more under the Target of the NFL and I doubt Burfict is smart enough to reign himself in.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 04:09 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Agreed.

The article asks "how did we get here.....?#"

Well, we are here because our franchise QB was the victims of a deliberate cheap shot that tore up his knee.

We are here because our first round LB's jaw was broken with a cheap blind side shot.

We are here because our star LB was concussed with the same type of cheap blind side shot.

Any other uninformed, ignorant questions?
Not to mention our star punter's broken jaw.. Seems to be a pattern of jaw breaking behavior on behalf of the cry baby team. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 05:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: Roethlesberger went on his Radio show and said that Burfict (after his hit on AB & right before a snap), Burfict pointed at Ju Ju and said "your next". They showed that play on the NFL Network and it shows Burfict pointing at Ju Ju and then Ben makes a frustrated gesture to the Refs with his hands & body language seeming to ask the Refs to do something about the threat.

It looked to me like Burfict did make that threat to Ju Ju.

As much as I like old school football and the old school ways, this is a sign that Burfict may never get it.

Deon Sanders said on the same NFL Network program that Ben should shut up and leave the bad things people say and do on the field. Deon said that many of our heroes would not be thought of as heroes if fans knew some of the things they said during games.

Ben's cry baby tactics will likely put Burfict more under the Target of the NFL and I doubt Burfict is smart enough to reign himself in.

I 100% believe Ben. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 05:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I 100% believe Ben. 

Yeah me too. But who cares? You know how often trash talk like that happens on a football field? Players will use anything to get a competitive advantage. This is not a burfict thing, it’s a sport-wide thing.

Whether Burfict deserves the criticism or not, the Steelers look like a bunch of soft pantywaists being the main catalysts for his suspension.

Reply/Quote
The SI guy has apparently spent a lot of time in the Bengals locker room? And who are the people Burfict has intentionally maimed?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Honestly, I think both sides of this thread have good points, but I am just sick of Burfict being an unreliable distraction. I get that he keeps it clean on the field, and he has the potential to be a game changer, but all too often is he suspended, hurt, or out of shape. He's a great player when he is right, but he just doesn't get that there is a spotlight and microscope on him. He knows he needs to keep it clean, but he continues to make questionable decisions on the field. I am not sure we should part ways, but I wouldn't mind trading him, if there is any team that sees value in having him on their roster. Jon Gruden seems extra dumb this go around, so maybe that hapless dumpster fire would be interested.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 05:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I 100% believe Ben. 

Who gives a ****?  Trash talking in a football game?  Oh no.  I guess Burfict must have invented it, that no one before him ever engaged in talking shit during a game.  Did he act on it?  Nuff said. 

Shame on you for believing one single word that ever comes out of Rapistburger's mouth.  Ever notice how skeezy it is when rotten scumbags try to grab the high road?

What was that thing joojoo did?  Oh, yeah.  An illegal cheap shot on Burfict and then standing over him talking shit.   But Burfict saying things was way worse, right?  SMH.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 05:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Burfict is a dirty player. He is the exact example of what the league is trying to get rid of. If you don't think that, then you are truly lying to yourself and blindly defending him.

I couldn't agree more. Everything you stated is completely spot on. No. Burfict is not the only player who is dirty or taking cheap shots. However, the fact that others do it doesn't absolve Burfict from doing it. Seriously, it makes me think of how parents use the line "if everyone else jumped off a bridge...". Other people do bad things in regular life, but that's not a successful defense for breaking the law. Same goes for the rules of football. Just because other players break the rules does not mean someone else shouldn't be punished.

Yes, Burfict is talented. I like the energy, hard nose style of play, and his football IQ. He's dumb for not cleaning up his play though. When interviewed, he always plays the victim. He has brought this on himself. He has no one to blame but himself. He could still lay big hits, be a good player, and be intimidating without doing dumb shit.

His play seems to be falling off a bit this year. Of course it's only been a couple of games and he will probably improve by the end of the season, but how much longer will people feel his value outweighs the fact you can almost count on missing him 4 games or more a year. Eventually I feel someone in management is going to realize they'd rather find someone who'll be available 16 games than someone who may give them 12 at best.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 06:25 PM)JumboTron Wrote: There's not a dirty enough hit a Bengals player could ever lay on a Pittsburgh Steeler that would result in me saying: "Wow, that was a cheap shot."

**** them, that organization and that steaming landfill they call a city.  

By the way, JuJu should be thanking every single one of his lucky stars that he got out of PBS in one piece.

Maybe it was just me but i remember thinking, early in the game, that he seemed real skittish. Even dropped a pass or two.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote