Hill (DB) is going to fight for a spot

Nobody looked good at PR/KR

Nugent is safe

Of course these are fluid. Post yours.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dennard is injured Sad

Starters on our offense and defense looked amazing.

Pat Sims did a great job making some tackles.

Denarius Moore should've gotten ball more imo.

Greg Little didn't drop the ball, as far as I know?

Rex looked good before getting injured.

Will Clarke had some good pressure.

I thought Hardison did alright, he got a sack.

DeShawn Williams showed a bit of what was rumored (Do good in Camp).
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I'm a little concerned about Gio he just didn't seem "right".

Eifert looked awesome !

Dunlap with a good play early, I so hope he steps it up to that final level this season.

So sweet to see Geno back !

1st team O and D both looked good.

Hope all the injuries are minor.

Overall pleased
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:43 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm a little concerned about Gio he just didn't seem "right".

Eifert looked awesome !

Dunlap with a good play early, I so hope he steps it up to that final level this season.

So sweet to see Geno back !

1st team O and D both looked good.

Hope all the injuries are minor.

Overall pleased
I was a bit concerned too but not too worried about Gio... 
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I still can't believe Little caught that.

Too early to see though if he's a changes man for real.
Reply/Quote
Nico Johnson and Marquis Flowers looked good out there.

Kumerow made a big third down catch. The ball to him in the end zone was underthrown. He blocked downfield pretty well. I'd like to see him get more chances next game.

Troy Hill had one bad play, but he did great the rest of the game. Even played well on teams.

Josh Shaw looked even better, as you'd expect that he would.

Shiloh Keo and Derron Smith both looked good. Overall, our 2nd team secondary looks better than our 1st team has in some years.

Deshawn Williams really looked good. As did Geathers (Kwame) and Hardison. Peko might be the worst dlineman on the team right now.

We have to get the ball in Alford's hands alot!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I thought James Wilder ran pretty well.  Second string oline wasn't too great,  but he made a few nice cuts.
Reply/Quote
- First team offense looked good obviously.
- Good to see Marvin Jones back and getting open consistently.
- If McCarron can get healthy he should easily be #2 based off Josh Johnson tonight. While not awful he runs too much, takes sacks, and missed what should have been a Marvin Jones TD.
- Flowers and Johnson stood out at linebacker but both guys will have to fight to make the roster with a crowded LB unit.
- Special teams needs some work before the season gets started. A missed 27 yarder and a long kickoff return will not make Simmons happy.
- Running backs all looked good except for Gio, the guy never seems to gain yards rushing anymore.
- Big battle at Wide Receiver taking shape. Alford, Little, Moore, and Tate (special teams comfort) will be interesting to watch.
- Troy Hill was rated pretty high on PFF b4 the draft and I see why now. He might be able to make the squad.
- Eifert looked good and could easily be #2 or #3 in receiving yards on the team if he stays healthy all season.
- Geno is back and that is the best thing from tonight's game.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Shaw is a good one.

Eifert opens up the offense so much.

hill played well. I was surprised. May be able to stick as last corner.

Overall our corner play was really good. Vance Joseph has those guys rolling. No wonder Mike blocked him.
Reply/Quote
I thought Sims looked good in some plays, but others he just got stood up and got no push or anything.

I thought Hardison looked raw but I didn't think he looked bad.  I am confused though because I think they should pick one spot and stick to it (lined up at tackle and end).

Geno looked unreal.......  just that little bit had me excited.

Jeremy Hill looked good, as expected.  

Eifert looked damn good and I'm excited to see teams try to cover him and still have enough people to load the box and double AJ.

I didn't watch after half and had people talking to me for a bunch of the first half, so I'll watch the replay and have more thoughts.

Great first half, though!
Reply/Quote
Eifert is gonna be in single coverage all year if Marvin is healthy. And if Marvin isn't healthy it's gonna be a pick and chose on who you guard because Sanu and Eifert can make plays. I think it's time to stop omitting Sanu from the group of ballers.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 04:28 AM)Housh Wrote: Eifert is gonna be in single coverage all year if Marvin is healthy. And if Marvin isn't healthy it's gonna be a pick and chose on who you guard because Sanu and Eifert can make plays. I think it's time to stop omitting Sanu from the group of ballers.

Agreed. This offense has a real chance to be as dynamic as the '88 team .
Reply/Quote
Here are my 2 cents...

Both starting units played impeccably. The starting O-line especially dominated.

Our young corners looked great, Dre is really shining and Dennard had an amazing pass break up that was wrongly flagged for PI.

Eifert will be a monster, you can just tell.

Someone who stood out for me was 79, O'Donnell. He had great blocking for the Wilder TD and was really solid all night.

Agree with others that Bodine didn't have the best of nights.

Early to say this, but with Burkhead looking good, Peerman as always shining, Watson and Wilder having nice runs Gio doesn't look like #2.

Reply/Quote
  • 1st team offense has a lot of promise for this year. Please stay healthy!
  • 1st team defense also looks good
  • Our kick returners need to get their own style instead of trying to copying Adam Jones. They simply don't have the talent to do it the way he does and they all failed in the same way.
  • Hardison is far too big to play DE and looked better when they moved him inside
  • The DeShawn Williams hype is real - the guy is virtually an identical body shape to Geno so anything's possible there
  • The RB room is pretty full and looks great
  • Chris Carter is too small to play DE, even in obvious passing situations. When the Giants converted 3rd and long they immediately went up-tempo to prevent substitution and ran a couple of power runs all over his side
  • AJ McCarron needs to get healthy as Josh Johnson is not going to win many games
  • For all the talk of our TEs, we didn't try and throw to them very often (possibly due to JJ)
  • Bring on the Raiders! Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Heck, bring on the season!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
- I tried to be nice about Bodine last year, but I don't think the kid is our long term solution at Center. Then again, I'm sure that amazing o-line coach will make something out of nothing, as he has done so many times. Fwiw, he did hand pick Bodine and claimed him to be the best Center in the draft.

- All the first stringers played well, including that one guy.
- I'm starting to feel ok about our WR depth. I think Moore and Little should both make the team.
- Tate was terrible. Dropped a 3rd down pass and fielded a punt at the 8.
- Bfine is being a little harsh on Hardison. I didn't see the play where he was knocked down, but he manhandled some of the future car salesmen, which is what you want to see.

- Agree with everyone on Shaw and Phat Pat
- I think AJ Hawk is going to be a good player and presence for this team.
- Alford's speed needs to be used, even if it's only on occasional reverses and a few short dump routes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Thought from the NYG game:

Starters on both sides looked incredible

Center is an issue

The big white WR is not making the team

Phat Sims looks good. Personal favs aren’t going to push him

Still is still bad and Hardison didn’t look good at all

Shaw is a gamer

Hill (DB) is going to fight for a spot

Nobody looked good at PR/KR

Nugent is safe

Of course these are fluid. Post yours.

I was at the game and will watch it back later, but here are my thoughts on an in person view point:

1. New Scoreboard was impressive, crisp picture and huge.
2. 1st Team offense was flawless in short stint.
3. Eifert is a beast and could be our biggest draft pick (I count him as a pick up due to out all year)
4. JJ actually looked decent which surprised me.
5. Little and Moore both did well. Little got some time also on the kick off unit so it may come down to him playing well on special teams, but he has a shot making this team,
6. Shaw was everywhere on defense and special teams. I think he is a lock.
7. Dunlap was dominating last night.
8. The rookie TE's need a lot of work both blocking and receiving.

The team was very prepared and best execution and mistake free (penalties) pre-season game I have seen them play maybe ever.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
1. Both the 1 & 2's looked very impressive
2. Barring major injuries this team is capable of a being a contender
3. Gonna be some tough cuts before the season starts
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 09:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - I tried to be nice about Bodine last year, but I don't think the kid is our long term solution at Center. Then again, I'm sure that amazing o-line coach will make something out of nothing, as he has done so many times. Fwiw, he did hand pick Bodine and claimed him to be the best Center in the draft.

- All the first stringers played well, including that one guy.

- I'm starting to feel ok about our WR depth. I think Moore and Little should both make the team.

- Tate was terrible. Dropped a 3rd down pass and fielded a punt at the 8.

- Bfine is being a little harsh on Hardison. I didn't see the play where he was knocked down, but he manhandled some of the future car salesmen, which is what you want to see.

- Agree with everyone on Shaw and Phat Pat

- I think AJ Hawk is going to be a good player and presence for this team.

- Alford's speed needs to be used, even if it's only on occasional reverses and a few short dump routes.

Canton bound Piano Man can't even teach him to snap the damn ball consistently......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The D line looked great with Geno back to form, and we are only going to improve when MJ is healthy! Covering Eifert, Jones and Green at the same time is going to be a defensive nightmare for our opponents. I think...I think...this might be the year we have all been waiting for!
Reply/Quote