Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Uniforms!
Matches the orange construction barrels we have as an O-Line.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Check out these new uniforms that Seth Reese posted on Twitter!

They're pretty hot and I think they help us move into a new age and out of the old cheap era.  

It might be simple, but hopefully they can attract a bigger fan base and maybe even some grab the interest of players looking for new homes!  Not that players base their decisions off of uniforms, but catchy new threads might at least make us more appealing!

[Image: ESTInQbXYAETQo1?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: ESTIna6WkAEmnjE?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: ESTIndRWoAYAYQP?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: ESTIna6XkAAJfI1?format=jpg&name=360x360]

Man these are all fire for real. We need a change like this and a local artist would be cool kind of like the LA Clippers did with the LA Jersey
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Would people buy them though? I’m sure there was a spike in jersey sales because of Burrow, but the last 5 years or so I’d imagine we were among the lowest selling team as far as merchandise.

Sure.... we've had the same freaking jersey for 17 years?  

Why buy another one if you already have a Green or Dalton (assumed most popular)   I personally have a color rush Aj Green but holding out on buying a Burrow if a new jersey is released
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 12:06 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Sure.... we've had the same freaking jersey for 17 years?  

Why buy another one if you already have a Green or Dalton (assumed most popular)   I personally have a color rush Aj Green but holding out on buying a Burrow if a new jersey is released

Plenty of teams don’t change their uniforms that often. Are the Packers, Giants, Cowboys, Steelers, etc any different than they were 5 years ago? People still buy their jerseys like crazy though. Well, maybe not the Giants...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The all orange look more like parking cones than our current alternates. The other options though... those are amazing. The orange jersey would look better with black or white pants, and the number/name should be white. Orange socks with white pants, black socks with black pants.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:50 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I actually like our current uniforms. These have the look of a throwback uni. I like them. I don't care much either way. I want a competent coach and offensive line more than anything.

That was my first thought. Wish they'd put this much energy in finding quality people.

I could be wrong but it their hires seem to have little thought and research behind them.

Reply/Quote
They ****** up the helmets.

Shoulder stripes that cover the entire pad is a plus.

Make the leg stripes end at the sock, like the 80's. Enough of this Marvin Era curlicue shit on the legs.

Give us a new font numbering scheme. Something more jagged, like the early Toronto Raptors' script. That font shouts "Jungle."

Put the 70's helmet on the Color Rush outfit, with the 70's white striped socks, if MB is too cheap to cough up an albino helmet.

Remember that the NFL has allowed, in the last year, to have multiple helmet and uniform designs.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 06:34 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: They ****** up the helmets.

Shoulder stripes that cover the entire pad is a plus.

Make the leg stripes end at the sock, like the 80's. Enough of this Marvin Era curlicue shit on the legs.

Give us a new font numbering scheme. Something more jagged, like the early Toronto Raptors' script. That font shouts "Jungle."

Put the 70's helmet on the Color Rush outfit, with the 70's white striped socks, if MB is too cheap to cough up an albino helmet.

Remember that the NFL has allowed, in the last year, to have multiple helmet and uniform designs.

They were discussing changing the rule for the 2021 season, but I do not see anywhere where they actually did it.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 01:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plenty of teams don’t change their uniforms that often. Are the Packers, Giants, Cowboys, Steelers, etc any different than they were 5 years ago? People still buy their jerseys like crazy though. Well, maybe not the Giants...

I think it's because those teams have a legacy:

You see a Giants jersey you think of Bill Parcels, LT, Carl Banks, Phil Sims, Super Bowl Champs

You see a Packers jersey you think Bart Starr, Vince Lombardi, Super Bowl Champs

You see a Cowboys jersey you think Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, America's team, Super Bowl Champs

You see a Steelers Jersey you think Chuck Knoll, Terry Bradshaw, Steel Curtain, Superbowl Champs

You see a Bengals jersey you think Mike Shula, Akili Smith, The 90s

I'm ready for a total change.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 09:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They were discussing changing the rule for the 2021 season, but I do not see anywhere where they actually did it.

I think some teams got around it by using decals. Like the Rams put their horns on with stickers.

I feel like the Bengals helmet has too much going on to do that.

I like the color rush jerseys with the orange helmets a lot. Not sure white and black helmets would make it look good.

Didn't the Patriots adopt their color rush jersey as their regular jersey this year? I'd be on board with us doing that.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it's because those teams have a legacy:

You see a Giants jersey you think of Bill Parcels, LT, Carl Banks, Phil Sims, Super Bowl Champs

You see a Packers jersey you think Bart Starr, Vince Lombardi, Super Bowl Champs

You see a Cowboys jersey you think Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, America's team, Super Bowl Champs

You see a Steelers Jersey you think Chuck Knoll, Terry Bradshaw, Steel Curtain, Superbowl Champs

Young people that buy those jerseys are probably not thinking about any of those guys.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 12:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Young people that buy those jerseys are probably not thinking about any of those guys.

I'm 27. The first names that come to mind for those teams are...

Giants - Eli Manning, Saquon Barkley, Michael Strahan

Packers - Aaron Rodgers & Brett Favre - That's it. I don't think of anyone else when it comes to the Packers. 

Cowboys - Elliot, Romo, Prescott

Steelers - Ben, Polamalu, Hines

A chunk of those guys are from when I first got into football (2005) and the rest are current players. I would imagine it is similar for most people, but I have on idea if that is true or not.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 12:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Young people that buy those jerseys are probably not thinking about any of those guys.

It is why I said "see" and not "buy".

But I disagree with the suggestion that young fans are not aware of their team's legacy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Bengals are the only team that has a "color rush" jersey with zero colors on it.

I think our current white jersey/white pants uniform is our best looking combo. The "color rush" version is just too "blah".
Reply/Quote
No! I absolutely LOATHE those river stripes. I thought the hat was ugly, and I don't want to see them on the uniforms.

Can't believe I got that out without cussing.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it's because those teams have a legacy:

Little nitpicky by me, but..

The giants have changed their jerseys. The blue ones they wore in the 80’s are different than the blue ones now. And the giants had a different white jersey in the early 2000’s. They changed those too. Also changed the helmet logo

Steelers just changed the number font
Reply/Quote
They look the same as they always have. Is this a joke?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
they need some green in them to reflect the jungle. Hehe

we need the ugliest uniforms in the nfl, since we have the best uniforms, it's becoming a distraction to winning somehow. Maybe the players don't want to dirty them when out playing? Hehe

ps. the uni-color unis of any team suck. all brown, all green, all black, all red, etc.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 09:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They were discussing changing the rule for the 2021 season, but I do not see anywhere where they actually did it.

Really? I thought they voted for that, perhaps not. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The stupid white stripe on the side of the black jerseys and the 3D lettering need to go though.

Gimme the Corey Dillon-era jerseys! Those were the best!

Exactly what I hate about the current uniforms.  The numbers are just awful.  It's a shame we lost the Dillon-era uni's probably as a consequence of playing so poorly.  Maybe the same result will happen to our current uniforms?

(12-09-2020, 06:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like a mix of this:  All black (jersey and pant), All white (ditto) and Orange jersey with black pants.  

This. 

Also, don't screw with the helmet.  I see they changed the stripes.  Not a fan.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote