Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Uniforms!
(01-22-2021, 05:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hmmmm. This looks better than a few earlier pictures that i didn't like at all...

[Image: El2qZNZXgAMd7aE.jpg]

I like this look, but too bad they already said no helmet changes & had Hobson publish a puff-piece about how it's an iconic NFL favorite helmet (when plenty of opined articles actually say it sucks).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it's because those teams have a legacy:

You see a Giants jersey you think of Bill Parcels, LT, Carl Banks, Phil Sims, Super Bowl Champs

You see a Packers jersey you think Bart Starr, Vince Lombardi, Super Bowl Champs

You see a Cowboys jersey you think Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, America's team, Super Bowl Champs

You see a Steelers Jersey you think Chuck Knoll, Terry Bradshaw, Steel Curtain, Superbowl Champs

You see a Bengals jersey you think Mike Shula, Akili Smith, The 90s

I'm ready for a total change.

I don't know, I see a 80s Bengals jersey and I think of Kenny, Munoz, Boomer, Fulcher, Ickey.

I'd like to see a modern tweak to those.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 05:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hmmmm. This looks better than a few earlier pictures that i didn't like at all...

[Image: El2qZNZXgAMd7aE.jpg]

I still can't grasp the love for all white.  They look like they're heading out to paint a house, or something.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 01:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I still can't grasp the love for all white.  They look like they're heading out to paint a house, or something.

Those white helmets look terrible. I don’t understand the fascination. The color rush looks great with the orange helmets, imo.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 01:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Those white helmets look terrible. I don’t understand the fascination. The color rush looks great with the orange helmets, imo.

Maybe the white tiger look would work now that both Siegfried and Roy have died?  Call it a tribute.

I still don't get the color-less rush jerseys because they look too much like the away Raiders jerseys.  Color rush were amusing because they were over the top colorful, seeing the Bengals in white play the Dolphins in orange was a bit odd, for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 01:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Those white helmets look terrible. I don’t understand the fascination. The color rush looks great with the orange helmets, imo.

Man, I like the orange helmets but boy, oh boy, if they could do white helmets I would fall in love. I think that look is super sharp.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 01:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I still can't grasp the love for all white.  They look like they're heading out to paint a house, or something.

I'm def for the orange helmets on the color rush. Need something to break up all that white. Just saying, that pic and another one of Gio looks better than some previous all white pics i've seen. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 05:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I like this look, but too bad they already said no helmet changes & had Hobson publish a puff-piece about how it's an iconic NFL favorite helmet (when plenty of opined articles actually say it sucks).

I've seen a lot of 'ranked helmets' and yeah, a lot of them are bad but it's a very recognizable look, like the Rams. It's unique and as close as you can get to what the logo/mascot is all about. 

Most of the negativity is because of how much the team has sucked over the years. Throw in some more regular season and playoff wins and people are all of the sudden raving. 

blehhhh

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 11:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think some teams got around it by using decals. Like the Rams put their horns on with stickers.

I feel like the Bengals helmet has too much going on to do that.

I like the color rush jerseys with the orange helmets a lot. Not sure white and black helmets would make it look good.

Didn't the Patriots adopt their color rush jersey as their regular jersey this year? I'd be on board with us doing that.

It has to be something with an orange base. They can put any decal on that they want, as long as they don't change the helmet...which requires the orange base to always stay the same. 

Reply/Quote

Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
These new uniforms look too much like the old ones. If you're going to change then really go for it - make the entire uniform look like the helmet!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Check out these new uniforms that Seth Reese posted on Twitter!

They're pretty hot and I think they help us move into a new age and out of the old cheap era.  

It might be simple, but hopefully they can attract a bigger fan base and maybe even some grab the interest of players looking for new homes!  Not that players base their decisions off of uniforms, but catchy new threads might at least make us more appealing!

[Image: ESTInQbXYAETQo1?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: ESTIna6WkAEmnjE?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: ESTIndRWoAYAYQP?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: ESTIna6XkAAJfI1?format=jpg&name=360x360]

March 17th and the official off season can't get here soon enough. Our uniforms will not fix a bad OL, DL,LB, bad front office and coaching, but hey we will look nice going 4-12.  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 04:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I still can't grasp why people want the Bengals to be white in jersey or helmet.  I don't get it.

Neither do I.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 05:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I like this look, but too bad they already said no helmet changes & had Hobson publish a puff-piece about how it's an iconic NFL favorite helmet (when plenty of opined articles actually say it sucks).

Anyone who says the current helmet sucks is an idiot with no taste. The only person I've ever seen hate on the helmet is Paul Lukas and he likes the Browns' uniforms, thus making him an idiot twice.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 01:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Those white helmets look terrible. I don’t understand the fascination. The color rush looks great with the orange helmets, imo.

This. 100% this.   I also agree with whoever said they look like painters going out to paint a house.

The ONLY people who would get the "white tiger" reference is people from Cincinnati and the .025% of people seeing the Siegfried and Roy show.

The rest of the population would want to know: "what's up the Cincinnati ZEBRAS"?
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/traytonmiller/status/1352695782785347584?s=21

These are absolutely amazing, in my opinion.

Seriously, the only thing I would change would be to the orange name plate on the white away jersey, I’d make it black. But other than that, these are perfect. Simple and clean, while keeping the best helmet in sports history.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Check out these new uniforms that Seth Reese posted on Twitter!

They're pretty hot and I think they help us move into a new age and out of the old cheap era.  

It might be simple, but hopefully they can attract a bigger fan base and maybe even some grab the interest of players looking for new homes!  Not that players base their decisions off of uniforms, but catchy new threads might at least make us more appealing!

[Image: ESTInQbXYAETQo1?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: ESTIna6WkAEmnjE?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: ESTIndRWoAYAYQP?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: ESTIna6XkAAJfI1?format=jpg&name=360x360]

If they go with those, I'll save some money. Those river stripes on the sleeves and socks really don't do it for me. Either you do tiger stripes or you don't. We're either the Bengals or we're not. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, those aren't tiger stripes on the shoulders and it annoys me.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
So is this Nero fiddling or rearranging the deck chairs? I think rearranging the deck chairs is more apt.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:37 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: https://twitter.com/traytonmiller/status/1352695782785347584?s=21

These are absolutely amazing, in my opinion.

Seriously, the only thing I would change would be to the orange name plate on the white away jersey, I’d make it black. But other than that, these are perfect. Simple and clean, while keeping the best helmet in sports history.

These honestly might be my favorite.  They're essentially an official version of our practice uniforms, which are great.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote